Creepiest College Mascots

Squeaks4

the tree from stanford is not only one of the creepiest, its the worst. seems as if they got lazy and turned out leaves on metal bars.

Well considering that it's the band mascot and not the university mascot, that's probably what they did.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

the tree from stanford is not only one of the creepiest, its the worst. seems as if they got lazy and turned out leaves on metal bars.

Well considering that it's the band mascot and not the university mascot, that's probably what they did.

Technically, it's based off of the tree that's on the university's seal. But in any case, their tree mascot actually changes year to year; the outgoing tree makes a new tree for the incoming tree. So sometimes it looks red, other times green, other times it looks like a palm tree. There have also been several instances where the tree has been publicly drunk at games, which explains its whacked-out hyphy dancing.

Oski never gets that crazy, I guarantee you that.

galaxy.png

I'll agree with the mascots of Ohio State, Stanford, and Oklahoma St. But there's also Dixie State's (UT) Ragin' Red, who happens to be black-furred:

682797.jpg

And if that's not creepy enough, here's the Athletic logo, otherwise known as the Bull in a Blender :

dixiestate.jpg

:rolleyes:

And the other gripe I have is that this mascot (and name) was hand-picked by the college's higher-ups when it was supposed to be decided by a popular vote. The college administration cited low voter turnout when the 3 finalists (Red Devils, Red Hawks, and Red Storm) were announced in Nov/Dec 2008, then the vote page quickly dissapeared on the site, and nothing was ever heard of until the announcement was to be made in March 2009.

They were discussing making the mascot a bull (but not the nickname) as early as 2004. This "pick the name" contest was, in my opinion, a hoax to give those in charge of the school what they wanted all along.

Archived