carolina panthers

BrandMooreArt

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the logo with the black outline and the whiskers--the one with the helmet below it. It keeps the overall look of the original while bringing it up to date. The Panthers' logo is one of the better, more recent NFL logos--it has that simplicity while being modern. I also like the Carolinas integrated into the logo's shape. BrandNStudios, you hit it well there.

As for the uniform, that's the way you should do tapering stipes, though it doesn't fit in with the rest of the uniform.

As for a kitty that looks more surprised than angry, I give you this :P :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQc6bGlSEiE

I've been following the progression of this thread...and of both BrandN's (nice play on the name, btw) and Fraser's concepts...and I do admire both the creativity and attentiveness both of you put into it. BrandN, your progression is coming along very well...and Fraser, you already know what's up. Looking forward to whatever the final version may be...in the interim, I'll also look forward to whatever progressions/updates you two may make along the way...and if this kind of stuff is what we have to look forward to in the future, I think the Concepts section is left in very good hands.

(It also allows me to enjoy my retirement from these parts that much more. ^_^)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I've been following the progression of this thread...and of both BrandN's (nice play on the name, btw) and Fraser's concepts...and I do admire both the creativity and attentiveness both of you put into it. BrandN, your progression is coming along very well...and Fraser, you already know what's up. Looking forward to whatever the final version may be...in the interim, I'll also look forward to whatever progressions/updates you two may make along the way...and if this kind of stuff is what we have to look forward to in the future, I think the Concepts section is left in very good hands.

thanks for the kind words Bucco :)

heres a start on the word mark, inspired by Davidson's version.

242bxgj.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Whatchu mean retirement?!?

BrandN, the latest version is much better. It is not quite there yet, but I can't pinpoint exactly what is wrong with it. Keep it up, though.

MegatronSig2.jpg

ziu6b9.png

heres the what may be the final update. if i change anything dramatically from here it would be just eliminating the silver boarder whic im not sure is needed (wouldnt matter any way on silver helmets). i know it still has eye brows but im happy with them

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Wow! Looks great!

I would suggest making the blue a bit more electric rather than just Carolina blue. I would personally eliminate silver just so they would have an entirely unique color scheme. While FD made a masterful rendering, personally I think your logo would be a better choice should the organization update.

But really, huge improvement over the current logo!

Wow! Looks great!

I would suggest making the blue a bit more electric rather than just Carolina blue. I would personally eliminate silver just so they would have an entirely unique color scheme. While FD made a masterful rendering, personally I think your logo would be a better choice should the organization update.

But really, huge improvement over the current logo!

yea i think you're right about the blue. it looks way too much like the Lions. ill work on that as i get into the uniforms

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Here's the problem -

With the full-open eyes, your panther looks like he's just casually opening his mouth, possibly to give oral pleasure to one of his panther buddies. Not sure I'd like to be on the receiving end of that one, as I'm sure there's no avoiding the teeth scraping, but I guess male panthers are used to it.

With the squinty eyes, it really looks ferocious, like it's growling. It makes it look like the mouth is open as wide as it can be, and it's putting so much power behind it's "scream", that it can't keep its eyes open.

The current logo could certainly be improved, and possibly a redesign of the squinty eyes could help, but I don't think that your redesign makes it any better.

How 'bout some slow chomps?

I honestly like the electric blue they have now. I think it's unique and goes well with black. Am I alone in this thinking?

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

I think the only thing that could make this better, in my opinion, is pupils in his eyes.

This would be a great update!

And nice job staying calm under the pressure that Davidson probably put on you haha.

Just kidding, great job though, to both of you.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

ziu6b9.png

heres the what may be the final update. if i change anything dramatically from here it would be just eliminating the silver boarder whic im not sure is needed (wouldnt matter any way on silver helmets). i know it still has eye brows but im happy with them

This looks AMAZING. I love it. It's near perfect. I could see the Panthers actually using this as their primary logo, it's that good.

It's really cool to see how you've progressed from the start of this topic to now. Of course, it's not a perfect logo, nothing is, but I feel that you perfectly executed a "Cardinals" or a "Falcons..." That is, taking the existing logo and improving upon it, evolving it, without radically altering it.

ziu6b9.png

This looks AMAZING. I love it. It's near perfect. I could see the Panthers actually using this as their primary logo, it's that good.

It's really cool to see how you've progressed from the start of this topic to now. Of course, it's not a perfect logo, nothing is, but I feel that you perfectly executed a "Cardinals" or a "Falcons..." That is, taking the existing logo and improving upon it, evolving it, without radically altering it.

If I were you,I'd make the eye brows,tongue+the nose/whiskers region silver.I would keep the blue borders on

the cat's head along with the silver outline.Very nice update.

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

ziu6b9.png

This looks stellar (corny, I know. My bad.) but just wondering why the top of the tongue isn't even with the canines? Also, I agree that you should go back to the Panthers' current shade of blue for this logo. Are you gonna make some uniforms too? I DO hope so...

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

ziu6b9.png

This looks stellar (corny, I know. My bad.) but just wondering why the top of the tongue isn't even with the canines? Also, I agree that you should go back to the Panthers' current shade of blue for this logo. Are you gonna make some uniforms too? I DO hope so...

the face should be at about a 3/4 turn so the toungue shouldnt line up as a "head on" shot. it may be my rendering of the facial features that is throwing off the degree of the face more than the teeth but ill see what i can do. oh, and see 2 post up for a big update :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

You've definitely done a solid update. I'm still not sure if I prefer this to the current logo, but it's a very good job of Cardinal-izing the Panthers' logo. I also like the uniforms and the blue facemasks. One concern that jumps to mind is the lack of silver anywhere in the uniform set except for the helmet.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

ziu6b9.png

the face should be at about a 3/4 turn so the toungue shouldnt line up as a "head on" shot. it may be my rendering of the facial features that is throwing off the degree of the face more than the teeth but ill see what i can do. oh, and see 2 post up for a big update :)

*facepalm*

I was typing my reply just as you were posting your update. As for your post, I like the switch back to electric blue. Your " Cardinals-like" update is subtle yet effective. I also like how you posted fan gear with your logo. It's easier to imagine its marketing potential that way IMO. The uniform template reminds me a bit too much of the Jaguars. Make the sleeve cuffs the same color as the jersey. Maybe try some Cincinatti Bearcat stripes/clawmarks on the pants. Put the logo on the sleeve as well. And for clarity sakes, are they wearing black cleats or white cleats with this uni?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived