Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

Where does BYU fall in all of this? Granted, they made the decision to go independent in football, but that was before things started melting down again. If Notre Dame goes to the B1G or ACC, they'd be the only independent out there other than the service academies (who don't really count since they choose not to seriously compete). They wanted to be the Notre Dame of the West...can that sort of deal be better than trying to join a power conference like the Pac-16 or the Big-12/Big East mashup?

My guess is they try to stick it out independent, big-12/Big East mash-up, or back to the MWC. BYU is odd because under normal circumstances they are a school conferences would want. Good football tradition, good academics, and located in a media market, but the Mormonism looks to scared the conferences off from them. Well at least is looks to have scared the Pac-12/10/16 off and their other logical option the Big 12 is at its death.

If Notre Dame goes to the B1G or ACC, they'd be the only independent out there other than the service academies (who don't really count since they choose not to seriously compete).

Uh, Air Force is in a conference and they're a pretty competitive program.

Air Force isn't an independent. I was referring to Navy and Army as the two other independent schools.

Look like the Texas move to PAC-12 is going to happen.

http://espn.go.com/c...ents-act-pac-12

Also, lol at Baylor.

Texas still must agree to equal revenue sharing, something that they did not agree to with the reformed Big XII and LHN is still a sticking point. Wither they take a 1/16th share or they kick rocks to the next sandbox.

This, absolutely. I think Texas might rather go independent than share revenue equally with schools like Washington State.

Also, lol at Baylor.

Texas still must agree to equal revenue sharing, something that they did not agree to with the reformed Big XII and LHN is still a sticking point. Wither they take a 1/16th share or they kick rocks to the next sandbox.

This, absolutely. I think Texas might rather go independent than share revenue equally with schools like Washington State.

With Texas now admitting that they're looking to join another conference, methinks they're willing to cave in on the Longhorn Network.

The biggest reason why ESPN helped back the Longhorn Network was to target Texas high school football. Now that they can't air their games, it looks as though the school and ESPN will give in to the demands of whichever conference accepts Texas.

Also, lol at Baylor.

With Texas now admitting that they're looking to join another conference, methinks they're willing to cave in on the Longhorn Network.

The biggest reason why ESPN helped back the Longhorn Network was to target Texas high school football. Now that they can't air their games, it looks as though the school and ESPN will give in to the demands of whichever conference accepts Texas.

The PAC isn't making them give it up, just show other PAC games. I'd also make them take a lesser to no cut of the PAC network if they already have their own.

Reading today's Daily Orange was unbearable. If I read one more quote about someone pissed that we're losing Villanova as a rival, which nobody gave a crap about before College Gameday showed up in 2010, I swear...

Anyone arguing that the move to the ACC isn't a net plus for Syracuse has their head firmly implanted in their nether regions. As far as rivals go, Duke + UNC + Maryland > Villanova + St. John's + Georgetown any day of the week.

Reading today's Daily Orange was unbearable. If I read one more quote about someone pissed that we're losing Villanova as a rival, which nobody gave a crap about before College Gameday showed up in 2010, I swear...

Anyone arguing that the move to the ACC isn't a net plus for Syracuse has their head firmly implanted in their nether regions. As far as rivals go, Duke + UNC + Maryland > Villanova + St. John's + Georgetown any day of the week.

Tell that to like 80% of the student body. I swear for one of the smartest schools in the FBS level, we sometimes have the stupidest fans as students. I won't even go into the "sorority chick that goes to games just to dance to music during timeouts and knows nothing about sports" or half the student section leaving by halftime for football epidemic we got going on.

/End rant usually I reserve for talking about the Islanders fanbase

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Just for :censored:s and giggles

The new Big East football conference

EAST

Cincinnati, Louisville, Memphis, South Florida, UCF, West Virginia

WEST

Baylor, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, TCU

Looks pretty accurate. And btw, this is the only way UCF gets into an AQ conference.

Oh and it's been said that the Big XII would absorb the Big East. So this would be called the Big XII.

Just for :censored:s and giggles

The new Big East football conference

EAST

Cincinnati, Louisville, Memphis, South Florida, UCF, West Virginia

WEST

Baylor, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, TCU

Assuming you have UConn and Rutgers in the ACC.

At this point I'd bet in favor of that happening.

At this point I'd bet in favor of that happening.

I still have no idea what Rutgers provides the ACC other than a warm body in the 16th slot. If WVU (ranked 164th in the country) isn't good enough for the ACC, how is Rutgers (ranked 143rd in the country) any better, especially with lousy football and men's basketball programs?

If Notre Dame is interested, they would seem to be the best option for the ACC at this point. I would even consider going to 15 schools by taking UConn and leaving the 16th slot open until something better comes along over taking Rutgers.