Bengals WR Chris Henry in Serious Condition

bosox

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPNNews is also reporting the same. Rest in peace, Chris.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As everyone said, he seemed to be getting back on the right track in life. Gotta hope that scored him some points upstairs.

Terribly tragic.

Not tragic in the fact he is a football player, but another young life taken too soon.

R.I.P. Chris Henry

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Last night I had a lot of anger about this whole thing and at the risk of sounding callous I won't post those thoughts. All I can say now is that he was maturing and what's worse is that he had three kids under the age of 4. It's a damn shame as this fiancee of his was the person who helped bring about the turn-around in him. It's incredibly sad and very stunning news.

I never post in these death threads, but I've followed this guy's story for the last five years. R.I.P. Chris.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Its a sad but cautionary story that hopefully others in his situation can learn from. He was a solid receiver and had allot of talent but oh so troubled off the field. It seems so shocking too since he has seemed to be turning his life around.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Its a sad but cautionary story that hopefully others in his situation can learn from. He was a solid receiver and had allot of talent but oh so troubled off the field. It seems so shocking too since he has seemed to be turning his life around.

Maybe, but making the decision to jump into the back of a moving pickup truck as your wife is speeding away after a "domestic dispute" doesn't seem like the actions of someone who's turning it around.

Not saying that he wasn't, but this wasn't exactly a move that a rational, mature person would make.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maybe, but making the decision to jump into the back of a moving pickup truck as your wife is speeding away after a "domestic dispute" doesn't seem like the actions of someone who's turning it around.

That echoes my thought on the whole situation. A tragedy that could have been avoided if he had simply let her drive off.

I'm sure more details will surface soon, and we'll learn the whole story, but it sounds like a poor decision lead to his death. Still sad though.

Not saying that he wasn't, but this wasn't exactly a move that a rational, mature person would make.

He had turned it around in that he hadn't been arrested in awhile, but history shows that he was not a good decision maker. A lot of people on the Bengals message board were saying things like "if only they hadn't called that pass pattern against Baltimore then he wouldn't have broken his arm and he wouldn't have been in Charlotte and he would still be alive" NO, if only he hadn't jumped into the pickup truck then he would still be alive. His decisions led to his death while Sean Taylor who also died at home while on IR was just a victim.

I'm still sick about the whole thing though. Nobody should die at the age of 26.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Someone told me that a witness heard him scream that he was going to throw himself out of the truck to kill himself. Anyone know if this is true?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Question: are we hailing this guy's "attempt at turning his life around" if he doesn't die doing whatever he was trying to do to his fiancee?

Actually there was a lot of local press about his turn around during preseason when they addressed it on Hard Knocks and again when he went down with his forearm injury. So his death only heightened the coverage nationally, but what else do you want them to write about? When was the last time somebody famous died and people said "man, he was a dick."

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived