2009 NFL Playoffs

Cujo

Well the Ravens beat themselves again. They couldn't execute when they needed to, fumbled on big plays, and had too many penalties (although some seemed iffy). This looked more like the 2009 Ravens than last week's team did.

I've still got to say that the biggest blunder of the season was the failure to obtain a #1 WR. There were plenty available, but the Ravens insisted it wasn't a problem. Mason and Rice have been the entire passing game and that not enough to beat the good teams. Hopefully one will be available this offseason and Harbaugh can teach better discipline.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REGGIE BUSH IS BACK!!!

:upside:

he's fired up.... should be getting more carries though... he is showing some flashes.. be scared arizona defense

Reggie is playing to stay on the team. His cap value this year was $12.1 million compared to Drew Brees' $14 million. Next year, it goes up to $13.5 million! Bush also has some escalators and incentives built into the deal that could increase the value by $1.5 million or more. And you know why Kim K. (who I dislike, but is really damn pretty) and Mrs. Jenner are on his jock.

I'll be stunned if the Ravens can put up two touchdowns in the second half the way theyir offense and the Colts' D has been playing so far.

Therefore, this year's Divisional Round road upset will have to happen next week. Either the Jets move on and/or the Bratt goes home for the winter.

Tomorrow?

Or tomorrow. :D

Well, technically Sunday is the beginning of the week so yeah, next week works too.

BB52Big.jpg

Well the Ravens beat themselves again. They couldn't execute when they needed to, fumbled on big plays, and had too many penalties (although some seemed iffy). This looked more like the 2009 Ravens than last week's team did.

I've still got to say that the biggest blunder of the season was the failure to obtain a #1 WR. There were plenty available, but the Ravens insisted it wasn't a problem. Mason and Rice have been the entire passing game and that not enough to beat the good teams. Hopefully one will be available this offseason and Harbaugh can teach better discipline.

No, they just lost to a much better team. The reason they couldn't execute was because of the other team playing on the same field.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

No, they just lost to a much better team. The reason they couldn't execute was because of the other team playing on the same field.

I'd have to agree. At no point did I see Baltimore "beating themselves." I did however see a lot of Baltimore getting their asses kicked by a much better team. A 9-7 team "beating themselves" while playing on the road against a 14-2 team in the playoffs doesn't happen all that often in The NFL. I don't know how much a "#1 WR" would have helped tonight. If at all. Indy was just better. Regroup and try it again next season.

BB52Big.jpg

I'd have to agree. At no point did I see Baltimore "beating themselves." I did however see a lot of Baltimore getting their asses kicked by a much better team. A 9-7 team "beating themselves" while playing on the road against a 14-2 team in the playoffs doesn't happen all that often in The NFL. I don't know how much a "#1 WR" would have helped tonight. If at all. Indy was just better. Regroup and try it again next season.

You had one Ed Reed interception lost because of a fumble, one Ed Reed interception lost to a penalty, and one Ray Rice fumble on a big play. three mistakes on a three possession game...

still the ravens managed no offense after dismantling the patriots defense last week.

Whoever plays the Saints next week will give them a hell of a ride.

Whomever wins means different defensive schemes for NO. Defensively, MIN plays a 4-3; DAL plays a 3-4.

Offensively, Dallas lines up with sets as: 12, 11, S11 for most of the game. MIN really never lines up in 12 formation.

For free, read football outsiders.

You had one Ed Reed interception lost because of a fumble, one Ed Reed interception lost to a penalty, and one Ray Rice fumble on a big play. three mistakes on a three possession game...

still the ravens managed no offense after dismantling the patriots defense last week.

.....and they still would have lost even if none of that happened.

The Ravens had alot more talent than a 9-7 team this year. They lost so many close games, because of stupid mistakes and penalties. I'm not saying they would have beat the Colts, but it should have been alot closer. A #1 receiver would have changed alot. For one we probably would have been able to score a TD on our first possession. We also probably able to run out the clock and prevent Manning from running the two minute drill and scoring that second TD. That makes it a 10-7 game at halftime, and the Ravens don't have to play from behind. The lack of execution on offense all season killed us. I really believe a #1 WR would have made the pass game much more effective. All we could do all season was pass to Mason and throw screens to Rice. You take Mason out of the game and all you have to worry about is Rice. I kept saying since Pittsburgh beat us in the AFC Championship game that we needed a #1 WR to be a true contender. But the front office continued to make excuses and missed countless opportunities to obtain one (Boldin, Marshall, and Bowe all could have been traded for).

I've decided that I'm going to root for the Vikings in this game not because I like Brett Favre, but because I hate the Cowboys and it would be funny to watch the Favre-haters get all ticked off.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Is there anything more annoying than the Vikings' first down horn? :angered:

I hate that freakin' thing. Also, when you're at the stadium, that song they sing after every Vikings score.

You mean this?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived