2009 NFL Playoffs

Cujo

Squeez'em misses another one! Hahahahaha I am enjoying this immensely!

And we still despise you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it now looks like the NFC representative in the Super Bowl will either be making their first appearance since the 70's or their first appearance ever. I love when teams that haven't been in awhile make it to the big game. Keeps things fresh.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I've decided that I'm going to root for the Vikings in this game not because I like Brett Favre, but because I hate the Cowboys and it would be funny to watch the Favre-haters get all ticked off.

Well since we're coming clean... Same here. Except that I do like Brett Favre and I don't hate The Cowboys (it's more like a mild dislike.) All the hoopla around Favre and his annual retirement soap opera has gotten really old and it's beyond ridiculous. And I'm really sick of how the media fawns all over him (especially ESPN) but I don't hate the guy at all. Personally, if it happens, I think it would be kind of cool for The Vikings win The Super Bowl and Favre actually does retire after the season. Don't get me wrong, I'm as sick and tired of all the "he's just having fun out there" and "he can do no wrong" as everyone else but I don't blame Favre for that. For that I blame the sycophants...errr....sports media.

That said, I'm still pulling for The Jets, Saints, or Chargers to win it all. Favre would be an interesting story but only if it means keeping The Colts from winning. If it's not The Jets then I want a first time SB winner. Sorry Colts fans.

Watching the Favre-haters implode should be amusing too. :D

BB52Big.jpg

I've decided that I'm going to root for the Vikings in this game not because I like Brett Favre, but because I hate the Cowboys and it would be funny to watch the Favre-haters get all ticked off.

Well since we're coming clean... Same here. Except that I do like Brett Favre and I don't hate The Cowboys (it's more like a mild dislike.) All the hoopla around Favre and his annual retirement soap opera has gotten really old and it's beyond ridiculous. And I'm really sick of how the media fawns all over him (especially ESPN) but I don't hate the guy at all. Personally, if it happens, I think it would be kind of cool for The Vikings win The Super Bowl and Favre actually does retire after the season. Don't get me wrong, I'm as sick and tired of all the "he's just having fun out there" and "he can do no wrong" as everyone else but I don't blame Favre for that. For that I blame the sycophants...errr....sports media.

That said, I'm still pulling for The Jets, Saints, or Chargers to win it all. Favre would be an interesting story but only if it means keeping The Colts from winning. If it's not The Jets then I want a first time SB winner. Sorry Colts fans.

Watching the Favre-haters implode should be amusing too. :D

My thoughts exactly, Favre throws his 4th Touchdown and we will be looking at the epic in New Orleans next sunday.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

On 1/17/2010 at 4:11 PM, NEW.ERA.PANDA said:

SO f'ing what if Dallas wanted to stop them they would have contained Rice in the first quarter. I'm glad the Vikings did what they did.

It wasn't a matter of "wanting" to stop them. I'm pretty sure Dallas "wanted" to. They just couldn't. And going for it on 4th down when you're up by 24, deep in the other teams's territory, with less than 2 minutes left is just classless. Whether it's against the Cowboys or anyone else. Win with class. Act like you've been there before.

BB52Big.jpg

SO f'ing what if Dallas wanted to stop them they would have contained Rice in the first quarter. I'm glad the Vikings did what they did.

It wasn't a matter of "wanting" to stop them. I'm pretty sure Dallas "wanted" to. They just couldn't. And going for it on 4th down when you're up by 24, deep in the other teams's territory, with less than 2 minutes left is just classless. Whether it's against The Cowboys or anyone else. Win with class. Act like you've been there before.

They did that with a 30+ point lead against the Giants in week 17 too.

It's one thing to run the ball in that situation, but throwing the ball twenty-some yards to the endzone? I'm not a fan of them doing that.

By the way, am I the only one who hates the use of instant replay in the NFL?

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived