• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll jump on the bandwagon and pick my fav four

1. Vikings

2. Jets

3. Saints

4. Colts

Literally any one but the Colts and I'd love to see Brett go out on top raising the Lombardi Trophy in Miami.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

1. Colts

2. Vikings

3. Saints

4. Jets

A few weeks ago the Vikings would've been last (in fact, all season they'd have been near the bottom), but I'm finding it a lot more difficult to dislike Favre these last few weeks. I mean, aside from all the retirement crap, and the ball-washing he gets from, well, just about everybody in the sports media, I guess he's a pretty likable guy -- especially judging from the way he interacts with his teammates. Damn, I really liked disliking him.

Jets are last because I'm still not big on how they managed to sneak their way into the playoffs based on their schedule and playing those two teams that had 'nothing' to play for.

IUe6Hvh.png

1. Colts

2. Vikings

3. Saints

4. Jets

A few weeks ago the Vikings would've been last (in fact, all season they'd have been near the bottom), but I'm finding it a lot more difficult to dislike Favre these last few weeks. I mean, aside from all the retirement crap, and the ball-washing he gets from, well, just about everybody in the sports media, I guess he's a pretty likable guy -- especially judging from the way he interacts with his teammates. Damn, I really liked disliking him.

Jets are last because I'm still not big on how they managed to sneak their way into the playoffs based on their schedule and playing those two teams that had 'nothing' to play for.

Its somewhat ironic that the Jets have already beaten the Bengals in the playoffs, and are now up against the Colts, the two teams that let the Jets in by the back door.

Perhaps the football Gods are having a little bit of Karmic fun, at the expense of the teams who rested players. :therock:

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

That would make sense... I guess.

Now, for my choices...

1. Saints

2. Whoever wins the Jets-Colts game

3. Viqueens

I'm sorry, but another two weeks of everyone sucking Brett off until it's so clean you can see your reflection there is too much for any man to take.

Im almost afraid to see what happens if the Jets win Sunday, my neighbor is a crazy Colts fan who hates the Jets because of Super Bowl III, and his relationship with WFAN. I think I will be wearing by celing if the Jets somehow win.

Maybe he'll just kill himself and you won't have to worry about it.

Thanks Jigga. By the way, how did you know my keyboard was in need of a new coat of Pepsi.?

Glad I could help, 'Red. BTW, I've got a couple of extra keyboards lying around the house somewhere, just in case. :)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

1. Vikes, obviously.

2-4. There is really nobody I'm unhappy with. I'm OK with Manning getting another and to see teams that have been associated with losing for so long do it would be great. The Saints winning the Super Bowl seems unrealistic to anyone over the age of 10...that would be pretty cool.

To the Favre haters...the only thing worse than Vikes/Colts I suppose would be Vikes/Jets. That would just be Favre-o-rama.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1. Vikes, obviously.

2-4. There is really nobody I'm unhappy with. I'm OK with Manning getting another and to see teams that have been associated with losing for so long do it would be great. The Saints winning the Super Bowl seems unrealistic to anyone over the age of 10...that would be pretty cool.

To the Favre haters...the only thing worse than Vikes/Colts I suppose would be Vikes/Jets. That would just be Favre-o-rama.

Yes...see, we even have the law of averages on our side. B)

Add to that the SI cover curse for Fav-ruh since St. Brett of Kiln is on the front this week.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

1. Vikes, obviously.

Add to that the SI cover curse for Fav-ruh since St. Brett of Kiln is on the front this week.

There's no such thing as the SI curse. It's not like this cover before the 2007 NFC championship affected Favre at all. B)

4292229122_d6ca3f0f1a_m.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

1. Vikes, obviously.

There's no such thing as the SI curse. It's not like this cover before the 2007 NFC championship affected Favre at all. B)

4292229122_d6ca3f0f1a_m.jpg

Maybe it just takes more than one cover to affect some people. :D

Sure would like to see a Saint get a pop on St. Brett like the one McCray put on Warner last week.

Since everybody's posting their rankings, here's mine:

1. Saints

2. Saints

3. Saints

4. Colts or Jets

B)

Now that we know who everyone WANTS to win (via rankings), how about who WILL win:

I was going to rank the Colts first, but I don't think they are as complete as either NFC team. Manning makes a huge difference to vault the shakier one, though.

1. Saints. Riding high after the Cards game, their end of season swoon is a distant memory. They are definitely not unbeatable, but Brees is playing great and they're the most complete team. (40%)

2. Colts. They kept finding ways to win. Their end of season swoon was self-inflicted and they're back on track. (35%)

3. Vikes. The loss of EJ Henderson hurts and their D-backs are suspect. It was great to see the dominant D-line play last week (not to mention me not screaming at the O-line and B. McKinnie), but it's important to note that all the good play of late has been at home. If this game is in Minnesota, maybe they win, but that's what they get for losing late games to teams like Carolina and the Bears. (15%)

4. Jets. I just don't like having a rookie QB in this situation. The team (and Sanchez' performance) was very up and down. I don't see them beating Indy and the NFC team. (10%)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This is a little late but I kept forgetting to bring it up. Has there ever been a more casual pass defender than Sensabaugh on Rice's first TD? He looked absolutely disinterested. Even when Rice caught the ball it was if Sensabaugh thought the whistle had blown or something. That was weird.

If the Vikings can get the Big Four going, putting pressure on Drew Brees and force a turnover early that is the way the Vikings can win. No pressure equals Brees all day on a suspect secondary who can thank their front four for the victory against Dallas. The offense will take care of it's self even though the Cowboys held All Day he still got some great bursts up the middle and that is where I think Adrian can beat the Saints.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I just saw this on Wikipedia so who knows how truthful it is: "No team that has lost to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the regular season has gone on to win a Super Bowl in the same season." Sorry Saints fans...

It's true.

Of course, teams have lost to the Bucs in the regular season and still gone to the Super Bowl.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Prince, oh Prince Rogers Nelson. Three years ago you gave us the best Super Bowl halftime in years (if not ever), yet you give the world this:

Prince's Vikings Song

At least I know that you love the NFL.

Even if I were still a Vikings fan, that lame excuse for a fight song would probably have been enough to make me want to switch anyway out of sheer embarrassment and disgust. Even the Vikings deserve better than this.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived