2009 NFL Playoffs

Cujo

Just think if Kaeding made just 1 of 3 it would be tied

What the hell do you have, a crystal ball? 17-7 is an entirely different game than 17-14. You can't say for sure that the Chargers would have scored that touchdown with around two minutes left. Keep posting dude, you rock.

Haven't you heard? Tank is in the clairvoyant business now. He's CCSLC's resident Nostradamus.

The same Tank who predicted the Mets would win the last three World Series titles? The same Tank who predicted a 5-11 for the Colts? Before I know it, he'll predict Dewey will win over Truman.

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just think if Kaeding made just 1 of 3 it would be tied

What the hell do you have, a crystal ball? 17-7 is an entirely different game than 17-14. You can't say for sure that the Chargers would have scored that touchdown with around two minutes left. Keep posting dude, you rock.

Haven't you heard? Tank is in the clairvoyant business now. He's CCSLC's resident Nostradamus.

The same Tank who predicted the Mets would win the last three World Series titles? The same Tank who predicted a 5-11 for the Colts? Before I know it, he'll predict Dewey will win over Truman.

No one said he's very accurate.

BB52Big.jpg

Surprisingly little discussion here over the Vikes' 4th down play, up 27-3 with two minutes or so left and they passed for a TD. Seemed unnecessary and unsportsmanlike to me.

I don't know, it seems to me like there is an unwritten rule in football that you don't kick a field goal when you are up big late in the game. Plenty of teams will go for a first down in that situation. I agree however that they didn't need to throw it into the endzone. But, like they were saying on the TV, this is playoff football. You aren't here to make friends, you're here to win the game. It's not like the Vikings should be criticized because the Dallas defense couldn't stop them.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Surprisingly little discussion here over the Vikes' 4th down play, up 27-3 with two minutes or so left and they passed for a TD. Seemed unnecessary and unsportsmanlike to me.

I don't know, it seems to me like there is an unwritten rule in football that you don't kick a field goal when you are up big late in the game. Plenty of teams will go for a first down in that situation. I agree however that they didn't need to throw it into the endzone. But, like they were saying on the TV, this is playoff football. You aren't here to make friends, you're here to win the game. It's not like the Vikings should be criticized because the Dallas defense couldn't stop them.

Fine.

It's also the Cowboys prerogative to break Favre's leg if he's in late trying to exorcise some petty failure of his career. Which is going to be what it takes to end this trend in the NFL.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Cowboys and Cowboys fans talking about classless moves. Ha.

Didn't the Cowboys run it up on the Eagles two weeks in a row? It's the NFL. There's no mercy rule. You're a professional. You get paid to perform. Either stop them, or watch them dance in your endzone. The End.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Not a Cowboys fan. Just tired of seeing this happening.

Ending the QB's season falls under the "stop them" category, yes?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Not a Cowboys fan. Just tired of seeing this happening.

If you get a crack at the guy, sure. I'm sure the Jets wouldn't mind sending Peyton to the X-Ray room on Sunday...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

[citation needed]

LvZYtbZ.png

259d7qr.gif

I like how Kaeding is still wearing his helmet there. Like he is expecting a shower of garbage or something!!

I don't blame the guy. In southern Cal, they've been known to specialize in Ziplock bags loaded with "human fluid".

6uXNWAo.png

Interesting little statistical point in the AFC Championship game, both sides are coached by rookie head coaches. Has that ever happened before? Can't think when it would have? Though of course both Caldwell and Ryan are experienced assistant coaches!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

If it's a clean hit, sure. But if you're going at him with the intention of injuring him, no.

It's my belief that if you're getting paid to play than you can't complain about running up the score. At lower levels, yes it's a classless move. Would you have rather had the Vikings kick a field goal? Isn't that running up the score?

If it's a clean hit, sure. But if you're going at him with the intention of injuring him, no.

It's my belief that if you're getting paid to play than you can't complain about running up the score. At lower levels, yes it's a classless move. Would you have rather had the Vikings kick a field goal? Isn't that running up the score?

You don't kick a FG. You don't kneel, and you don't throw to the end zone. You hand off up the middle. If the guy scores that way, too bad for the D. If throwing to the end zone on 4th down, up by over 20, with under two minutes left is so acceptable, why isn't it done all the time? Because deliberately embarassing your opponent when the game's been long decided is classless and petty at any level, that's why.

Had a Cowboy come in unblocked and leveled Fav-ruh, putting him out for the season, it wouldn't seem like such a smart move, would it? We'd all be wondering how Minnesota could have been that stupid and Vikings fans would have burned Childress at the stake.

The pundits on Fox Sports Radio offered the opinion that Brett the egomaniac knew exactly what he was doing, that he was one short of beating his personal playoff best of 3 TDs. If that's true, what an ass, as if we needed another reason to think him one. At least he's not entirely selfish about such things, laying down as he did so Strahan could have the sack record. :rolleyes:

My personal distaste for Fav-ruh is going to make it a bitter pill to swallow if the Vikings win Sunday. It's also going to make me the biggest Jets or Colts fan on Earth depending on which one wins their game. Personally I hope the Saints can get enough pressure to transform 'Brent' (that's one of the best sigs on the board btw) into that pick-throwing, fumbling knucklehead he has often been.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

You don't kick a FG. You don't kneel, and you don't throw to the end zone. You hand off up the middle. If the guy scores that way, too bad for the D. If throwing to the end zone on 4th down, up by over 20, with under two minutes left is so acceptable, why isn't it done all the time? Because deliberately embarassing your opponent when the game's been long decided is classless and petty at any level, that's why.

Had a Cowboy come in unblocked and leveled Fav-ruh, putting him out for the season, it wouldn't seem like such a smart move, would it? The pundits on Fox Sports Radio offered the opinion that Brett the egomaniac knew exactly what he was doing, that he was one short of beating his personal playoff best of 3 TDs. If that's true, what an ass, as if we needed another reason to think him one.

My personal distaste for Fav-ruh is going to make it a bitter pill to swallow if the Vikings win Sunday. It's also going to make me the biggest Jets or Colts fan on Earth depending on which one wins their game. Personally I hope the Saints can get enough pressure to transform 'Brent' (that's one of the best sigs on the board btw) into that pick-throwing, fumbling knucklehead he has often been.

I am a bit conflicted on all this. I see what those who are criticising the Vikings are saying, but in my mind, as far as this case is concerned, the 2 minute warning had yet to sound. To me that makes the game live still, and in the end Favre and the Vikes can't be criticised all that much. If it had been in the last minute, then its fair enough to lay into the Vikings, but in the context of a game with a lot of time on the clock still, surely you have to keep playing?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Hey, that's just Brett being Brett. He plays with such a childlike enthusiasm out there gunslingling for the love of the game. He's just having fun out there, leave him alone.

Did that cover all the cliches?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Had a Cowboy come in unblocked and leveled Fav-ruh, putting him out for the season, it wouldn't seem like such a smart move, would it? The pundits on Fox Sports Radio offered the opinion that Brett the egomaniac knew exactly what he was doing, that he was one short of beating his personal playoff best of 3 TDs. If that's true, what an ass, as if we needed another reason to think him one.

I am a bit conflicted on all this. I see what those who are criticising the Vikings are saying, but in my mind, as far as this case is concerned, the 2 minute warning had yet to sound. To me that makes the game live still, and in the end Favre and the Vikes can't be criticised all that much. If it had been in the last minute, then its fair enough to lay into the Vikings, but in the context of a game with a lot of time on the clock still, surely you have to keep playing?

That's why I have no problem with them kicking the field goal. In fact, I don't care what the score is, 4th and anything and up by at least two touchdowns with two minutes to go, you kick it. Especially when your defense has held the other team out of the endzone all game long. First through third down, I have no problem with going for the td. On fourth down in a situation where you'd normally kick it, going for the td is leaning heavily to the classes side.

Just my opinion.

Hey, that's just Brett being Brett. He plays with such a childlike enthusiasm out there gunslingling for the love of the game. He's just having fun out there, leave him alone.

Did that cover all the cliches?

An outstanding effort, and so very close. You only missed, "He's playing the game the way it's meant to be played."

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived