Jazz returning to the music note logo

Ry

Old logo could be right note for Jazz

Deron Williams, however, said he'd already seen designs of the new jerseys the Jazz could wear next season. He wouldn't reveal details, but they are expected to be a return to the music note in updated colors.
The Jazz are not expected to bring back their original Mardi Gras colors of purple, green and yellow. Instead, the updated colors are rumored to be blue, green and gold.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite surprised that the Jazz are thinking of going blue, green, and gold, if rumors hold out to be true. I think that it could be a great way to bring the original and current identities together.

That said, I wonder if it's going to be a return to the original logo, or a slightly updated one. I've got to keep an eye on this.

I really have no desire to see the music note come back, and I'd really like the Jazz to pick a color scheme--or even one stinking color that appears in varying schemes--and stick to it, but at least this spells the end of the terrible rec league uniforms.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I really have no desire to see the music note come back, and I'd really like the Jazz to pick a color scheme--or even one stinking color that appears in varying schemes--and stick to it, but at least this spells the end of the terrible rec league uniforms.

I like the note, but echo the sentiment that the Jazz need to pick something.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The stuff Delux just posted is enticing, but it's more or less the 1996-2004 palette minus purple, which is supposed to be the team's primary color (it is still in the logo, after all), so at that point why not just reinstate the purple and go back to looking like you did when you made two finals?

The concept of a musical note made of a basketball is clever, but the way it looks now leaves too much white space around it and makes it look kind of flimsy next to other logos. The Patriots have the same problem.

Many people in Utah seem inordinately attached to the green jerseys that the Jazz wore for a year or two when they had to split home games between Salt Lake City and Las Vegas because they were already failing. Many people in Utah also think they will become the gods of their own planets after they die, so I don't know why I'd expect better from them.

I don't know if I noticed this, but do we know what shade of blue they're talking about--navy or light?

If they went with navy, then they could use that as the main road jersey color with green/yellow-gold trim, and have a green alternate.

If they go light blue, then go with a forest green and make the main road jersey light blue, with green as an alternate. Either way, use yellow-gold as a trim and emphasize the green and blue.

EDIT: Here is kind of what I'm talking about:

4328828243_3dfea5d20e_m.jpg4328829825_625be02c11_m.jpg4329565096_f84bfa9c19_m.jpg

Looking for consistency, I'm kinda pulling for the third one, navy being the main color.

Your third one is clearly the best one. Totally inappropriate for Utah (but we're not going to start that one), but aesthetically pleasing nonetheless.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

When they receive their makeover next season, the Jazz should seriously consider dropping the light blue. IMO, in the Rocky Mountain area, powder blue is a trademark of the Denver Nuggets. They had it first (Thanks to former GM Kiki, UCLA alumn), and they straight-up make it look better with the navy and yellow combo. I think the Jazz would be much better off using something a little more original.

Bring back the purple and green, use the throwback note thingy, and call it a day.

6uXNWAo.png

I like the stuff delux posted. I would darken the green a bit though, and maybe make the gold similar to the gold they used in the late malone/stockton/losingtojordan era. IT seems like Deron Williams belongs on these boards, he kinda knew what he was talking about

Also, i was vote #1234 on that article :D

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

How about Utah and New Orleans swap nicknames? Utah is the Beehive State, and New Orleans is known for its jazz music (not to mention the Jazz nickname originated in New Orleans). Force each to come up with a new logo and refrain from wearnig the nickname on the front of the jerseys for two or three years to allow for a smooth transition (each would wear its city/state name on homes and roads during this time).

I know -- it would only make too much sense. :grin:

How about Utah and New Orleans swap nicknames? Utah is the Beehive State, and New Orleans is known for its jazz music (not to mention the Jazz nickname originated in New Orleans). Force each to come up with a new logo and refrain from wearnig the nickname on the front of the jerseys for two or three years to allow for a smooth transition (each would wear its city/state name on homes and roads during this time).

I know -- it would only make too much sense. :grin:

Well, look who just opened up Pandora's Box.

OMFG that's brilliant! Can't believe nobody's ever thought of that!!!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived