Jazz returning to the music note logo

Ry

I like the stuff delux posted. I would darken the green a bit though, and maybe make the gold similar to the gold they used in the late malone/stockton/losingtojordan era. IT seems like Deron Williams belongs on these boards, he kinda knew what he was talking about

Also, i was vote #1234 on that article :D

Wasn't that more copper than gold? Here is a comparison of the 3 colors (the Jazz's yellow from 79-95, the copper from 96-03, & the gold I used [borrowed from the Cavs' current pallette]):

3golds.jpg

ujsignature.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about Utah and New Orleans swap nicknames? Utah is the Beehive State, and New Orleans is known for its jazz music (not to mention the Jazz nickname originated in New Orleans). Force each to come up with a new logo and refrain from wearnig the nickname on the front of the jerseys for two or three years to allow for a smooth transition (each would wear its city/state name on homes and roads during this time).

I know -- it would only make too much sense. :grin:

Take his water.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

How about Utah and New Orleans swap nicknames? Utah is the Beehive State, and New Orleans is known for its jazz music (not to mention the Jazz nickname originated in New Orleans). Force each to come up with a new logo and refrain from wearnig the nickname on the front of the jerseys for two or three years to allow for a smooth transition (each would wear its city/state name on homes and roads during this time).

Hornets should go back to Charlotte, then Bobcats to Utah ... and while we're at it the Lakers should give back the name to Minnesota. That seems to set the Sports World at ease.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Well, look who just opened up Pandora's Box.

Awesome. Since we're opening Pandora's Box...

Instead of using all these colors, the Jazz need to switch to just black and white. Everyone knows that music notes on pages of music are black. Multicolored music notes! What's next? Honolulu blue lions?!

That said, I'm willing to bet there's more jazz music in Utah than lions in Detroit and Bengal tigers in Cincinnati.

Edit: While I'm on the CCSLC forum cliches, maybe Utah could just change their name to the New Orleans Jazz of Utah. Okay, I think I've hit them all now, haven't I? Nickname-location discrepancies, nickname swaps, nickname-color discrepancies, and obligatory LA Angels of Anaheim reference.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Awesome. Since we're opening Pandora's Box...

Instead of using all these colors, the Jazz need to switch to just black and white. Everyone knows that music notes on pages of music are black. Multicolored music notes! What's next? Honolulu blue lions?!

That said, I'm willing to bet there's more jazz music in Utah than lions in Detroit and Bengal tigers in Cincinnati.

Edit: While I'm on the CCSLC forum cliches, maybe Utah could just change their name to the New Orleans Jazz of Utah. Okay, I think I've hit them all now, haven't I? Nickname-location discrepancies, nickname swaps, nickname-color discrepancies, and obligatory LA Angels of Anaheim reference.

Amen to that, brother, amen to that. Let's put this "Utah's name shouldn't be the Jazz" thing to rest, once and for all, at least in this thread.

Anyways, I wonder if we have to wait a year to see them, as the case is, a team needs 2 years advance notice to the league to merit a change. I say, make "Utah blue" (navy) the main color with green/gold trim, and a green alternate; I wonder if this Utah blue is the same as the state flag.

Utah Jazz (worst name in sports but we'll leave that can of worms shut). I like the look of the logo and the blue, purple, light blue colors. Seems very Utah to me, snow, mountains, etc. Keep the logo and make the uniforms look more unique.

Old Jazz logo is the worst possible idea since it emphasizes the horrible name and misconnection with Jazz music. If they are determined to keep the Jazz name, they can at least keep their logo looking more Utah and less Bourbon Street.

Paul Lukas says he has seen them. Deron Williams says he has seen them, too. Many people have seen them, and boy are they awesome.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

There would have been no problem with their identity if they just stuck with the original and that is why it makes perfect sense to go back to it. Kind of funny hearing about an identity from a Oregon Fan.

You got that right. ^_^

The Hornets most defenitely belong in Charlotte if you're gonna make the silly argument...

The Utah Bobcats--no wait: The Salt Lake City Bobcats! I like it.

Seriously, though: The Jazz's old logo sucks, no matter how much lipstick you put on it. I'll be very disappointed if they retire their current logo, both of whose incarnations I thought were fantastic.

Top Three, Really???? The Jazz current is horrible.

I thought the redesigned Jazz logo (the original when they went to the Finals those two years) was awesome, albeit busy. Their redesign simplified the busy-ness. Much like hawk36 said, though, the current logo is evocative of Utah--almost in spite of their team name. The name has a lot of caché now, so they can't change it, of course (though the Utah Mountaineers would be hilarious), so what they did was they took the logo and made it their own in colors and style. It looks good. The old logo's note didn't even look much like a music note and was completely lacking in style (compare it to the St. Louis Blues' logo which is fantastic). Like the Sixers, there was a reason they changed their logo the first time, and we're going to see that next year.

The current logo is nice, but the uniforms are bland. The Jazz do need to fix something. If they can't match the uniforms with the current logo then starting again with the note isn't such a bad idea.

Also the current/old 76ers logo, while not great, is still a step up from that gold and black mess.

Archived