NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

I read on Puck Daddy, that in the discussion of the possible new owner of the Coyotes renaming them to the Arizona Coyotes. I wonder if that means there will be any updates to their uniforms?

Well they will have to change the "PHX" on the secondary logo to a "ARZ" (the logo on the shoulder of the home and away jerseys).

They will have to change "Phoenix" to "Arizona" on that paw print logo they have on the left shoulder of the third jersey, and they will have to change the "Phoenix Coyotes" wordmark on the front of the third jersey pants' right leg to "Arizona Coyotes".

Agreed. I also think many will associate the current look with the darkest days of the franchise. Time to set a new attitude with a new look I think.

The Coyotes identity right now is so bland and dated. Im not advocating a return to their original logo but if they rebranded they could at least bring back some of those muted desert colours like the hunter green and purple and inject some originality to the league. As it stands they look like they could be a hockey team from anywhere.

Okay. So we now know you can quote a post. What will you do now to amaze us? :therock:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a Blue Jackets third jersey. The tag is right on the lighter blue stripe in the middle of the hem stripes and may overlap onto the gray stripes on either side of the blue stripe.

I own two Edge Replica's (Blue Canucks and Teal Sharks) and I was able to get the jock tags off without a thread ripper with zero damage. Just used fine nail scissors to slowly cut the threads holding it in place. Toke me a long time though so thread ripper is probably the way to go. Just saying its more than possible.

On a somewhat related note, has anybody tried removing the tacky plastic shoulder patches on an Edge Replica before? I've ordered some embroidered ones for my canucks jersey on Ebay but they are significantly smaller than the plastic ones and I dont want to damage the jersey or have an outline where the patch used to be. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I was wondering, has the flyers worn their alternative black jersey this year? I don't think I've seen them wear them once.

Also online at shop.nhl.com its nowhere.

The Flyers are a team that should only have 2 jerseys. Not because of tradition or anything like that. But because I hate them so very very much. :)

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

It's a Blue Jackets third jersey. The tag is right on the lighter blue stripe in the middle of the hem stripes and may overlap onto the gray stripes on either side of the blue stripe.

I own two Edge Replica's (Blue Canucks and Teal Sharks) and I was able to get the jock tags off without a thread ripper with zero damage. Just used fine nail scissors to slowly cut the threads holding it in place. Toke me a long time though so thread ripper is probably the way to go. Just saying its more than possible.

I've got 3 edge replicas(Pens black and blue, Hawks red) and have removed all the jock tags. Took about 10 mins with a seam ripper. You'd never know there was anything there.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

Hey I was wondering, has the flyers worn their alternative black jersey this year? I don't think I've seen them wear them once.

Also online at shop.nhl.com its nowhere.

No. Those jerseys were (thankfully) retired prior to the start of the season. They only have the 2 jerseys. The white and the orange.

The Catch of the Day!

I read on Puck Daddy, that in the discussion of the possible new owner of the Coyotes renaming them to the Arizona Coyotes. I wonder if that means there will be any updates to their uniforms?

Well they will have to change the "PHX" on the secondary logo to a "ARZ" (the logo on the shoulder of the home and away jerseys).

They will have to change "Phoenix" to "Arizona" on that paw print logo they have on the left shoulder of the third jersey, and they will have to change the "Phoenix Coyotes" wordmark on the front of the third jersey pants' right leg to "Arizona Coyotes".

The Coyotes identity right now is so bland and dated. Im not advocating a return to their original logo but if they rebranded they could at least bring back some of those muted desert colours like the hunter green and purple and inject some originality to the league. As it stands they look like they could be a hockey team from anywhere.

I'm all for an identity change, but changing the name from Phoenix to Arizona is rather stupid. Part of the reason the franchise is in trouble is nursing Glendale's ego when it comes how big and important they are and they aren't.

I always thought it was dumber to have them called the Phoenix Coyotes since they don't actually play IN Phoenix anymore.

When you get the Jets and Giants to change their names, I'll ask the Coyotes to fall in line.

And they technically play in Metro Phoenix, since Glendale is and will always be a suburb.

I always thought it was dumber to have them called the Phoenix Coyotes since they don't actually play IN Phoenix anymore.

When you get the Jets and Giants to change their names, I'll ask the Coyotes to fall in line.

And they technically play in Metro Phoenix, since Glendale is and will always be a suburb.

And don't forget the Detroit Pistons play in Auburn Hills, the Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington, the Ottawa Senators play in Kanata, and let's not forget my own Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim ( :rolleyes: ).

Glendale is literally right next to Phoenix. It's part of it. Glendale has this whole marketing campaign to try and make itself a great, independent city. It's not.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

And don't forget the Detroit Pistons play in Auburn Hills, the Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington, the Ottawa Senators play in Kanata, and let's not forget my own Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim ( :rolleyes: ).

Glendale is literally right next to Phoenix. It's part of it. Glendale has this whole marketing campaign to try and make itself a great, independent city. It's not.

Thank you!

You do realize that your statement on Phoenix/Glendale is the same statement everyone else makes about LA/Anaheim correct? So, what's the difference?

You all seem to forget that although the Diamondbacks play in downtown Phoenix, they are called the ARIZONA Diamondbacks.

So why not the Phoenix to Arizona change for the Coyotes?

Well, there is a chance (however slight) that the Coyotes could be playing somewhere else next season, so changing from "Phoenix" to "Arizona" might become a moot point. :P

You do realize that your statement on Phoenix/Glendale is the same statement everyone else makes about LA/Anaheim correct? So, what's the difference?

So why was there never an uproar about the Lakers and Kings playing in Inglewood and not Los Angeles during the Great Western Forum days?

Archived