The 1960's Browns logo that never was.

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to have one of those "CB" gumball machine helmets. I remember when I got it that I couldn't figure out why it had a CB decal. Our helmets are perfect as is. I'm still looking for the law that states a football helmet is required to have a logo.

BB52Big.jpg

I used to have one of those "CB" gumball machine helmets. I remember when I got it that I couldn't figure out why it had a CB decal. Our helmets are perfect as is. I'm still looking for the law that states a football helmet is required to have a logo.

I had one as well. I remember peeling them off of the helmet once I figured out that they didn't actually wear that logo.

(Wish I hadn't done that.)

I remember getting the Browns helmet out of the gumball machine and despite there being no logo on the helmet, it still had a plain orange sticker to go where the sticker would go. It's like they knew that kids would be pissed if they didn't get the sticker.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

I remember getting the Browns helmet out of the gumball machine and despite there being no logo on the helmet, it still had a plain orange sticker to go where the sticker would go. It's like they knew that kids would be pissed if they didn't get the sticker.

Hey, I paid a good 25 cents for that gumball helmet. I want my sticker!

The Steelers helmet had that too, a black blank sticker for the blank side. Ah memories.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

The "Brownie Elf" logo is officially part of the logo package:

ClevelandBrowns_AL2_2006-9999.png

There are one-color and two-color versions of this mark.

And, no one seems to mention this one, but this is the "Vintage" mark...there are eight (count 'em eight) versions of this one:

ClevelandBrowns_AL1a_2006-9999.png

I know I'm not the first to make this visual joke, but it makes me laugh everytime.

I call it, "if the browns actually used their current primary logo on their helmets"

Brownshelmet.png

The logarithmic spiral--in sports!

Seriously, though, I think the Browns are fine as is, though the Brownie elf, =B= football, and dog logos are all good display logos for the team. Then again, the plain orange helmet works great, too. I think that if there is anything put on the logos, it should be the players' numbers (ala 'Bama), and even then should it be used as an alternate (if the NFL ever gets to that point).

That plain orange helmet is too iconic; we all know what the league was like for the 3 years that the Browns didn't exist.

I know I'm not the first to make this visual joke, but it makes me laugh everytime.

I call it, "if the browns actually used their current primary logo on their helmets"

Brownshelmet.png

The gift that keeps on giving.

Maybe you could have microscopic logos, and yet it would keep getting smaller. :P

For me, (I know this is sacreligious) I would have a white mask and the <=B=> logo on both sides of the helmet...and bring back the orange pants as an alt! I think the B is better than the CB, the Elf, the Dog, or the blank.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived