MLB 2K10 Commercial

jake22

In the MLB 2K10 commercial with Evan Longoria does anyone notice that when he is at the plate about to hit the ball his pants are grey and when he is rounding the bases his pants are white. I think i am seeing this right, it may be something to do with lighting but i am pretty sure they just messed up. Sorry if this has been brought up before.

Here is some screen shots of what I am talking about.

Here he is wearing grey pants

grey.png

And here he is wearing white pants

white.png

And here is the youtube link to the video of the commercial so you can see for yourself.

What do you guys think about this?

I wonder who decided that both teams had to be wearing their alt jerseys.

That was one of the questions I asked when I first saw it.

I got the Longoria part, and I kinda got the road game part, becuase he's killing a home team's perfect game.

but Texas Rangers? wearing Red? against blue Rays? And only 1-0 in the 9th of a perfect game?

Idk, flawed commercial all around :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANAΒ | LAA | LARΒ | LAL | ASU | CSULB |Β USMNTΒ | USWNT |Β LAFCΒ | OCSC |Β MAN UTDΒ |

I don't think anything of both teams wearing alts, as we see that crap on a daily basis. I did notice the white pants as he rounded the bases. What the heck, at some point did they tell him to go change pants during the shoot? :therock:

Here is the worst part, and it just occured to me. They say the pitcher is one out away from a perfecto. That would mean Longoria is batting ninth. THAT is messed up.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't think anything of both teams wearing alts, as we see that crap on a daily basis. I did notice the white pants as he rounded the bases.Β Β What the heck, at some point did they tell him to go change pants during the shoot?Β Β :therock:

Here is the worst part, and it just occured to me.Β Β They say the pitcher is one out away from a perfecto.Β Β That would mean Longoria is batting ninth. THAT is messed up.

Maybe he had a bad game. I know with the Dodgers, I've seen some of our best hitters drop all the way down to 7th/8th in the roster if they're in a major hitting slump. Maybe the same thing happened with Evan.

Of course, it's just a commerical, so I don't think they were overly concerned with getting the facts 100% correct.

I don't think anything of both teams wearing alts, as we see that crap on a daily basis. I did notice the white pants as he rounded the bases. What the heck, at some point did they tell him to go change pants during the shoot? :therock:

First bit (with the grey pants) looks to be live-action superimposed over actual gameplay. Second bit (with the white pants) is purely game footage. So I think there was only one shoot, and no changing of pants. Just an oversight on someone's part.

Here is the worst part, and it just occured to me. They say the pitcher is one out away from a perfecto. That would mean Longoria is batting ninth. THAT is messed up.

Or pinch hitting

Wait. He could be batting at any possition. The pitcher is one away from a perfect game, that means it is in the ninth inning with 2 outs. He could be 1st, 3rd or any other possition in the line up, it just means it is his turn to hit.

Or pinch hitting

Wait. He could be batting at any possition. The pitcher is one away from a perfect game, that means it is in the ninth inning with 2 outs. He could be 1st, 3rd or any other possition in the line up, it just means it is his turn to hit.

:blink: what are you talking about?

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq Δ± ǝɯıʇ Κ‡sɐן ǝΙ₯Κ‡ sΔ± sΔ±Ι₯Κ‡

Or pinch hitting

*facepalm*, why don't you think about that one for a minute..

Or pinch hitting

A Perfect Game is facing the minimum 27 batters without allowing one to reach base....meaning mathematically, it HAS to be the #9 spot on the order.

Or pinch hitting

A Perfect Game is facing the minimum 27 batters without allowing one to reach base....meaning mathematically, it HAS to be the #9 spot on the order.

pitcher could of came in walked 3 batters then a new pitcher came in and can pitch a perfect game.... no? Wasn't that a riddle when little?

Here is the worst part, and it just occured to me.Β Β They say the pitcher is one out away from a perfecto.Β Β That would mean Longoria is batting ninth. THAT is messed up.

Or pinch hitting

pitcher could of came in walked 3 batters then a new pitcher came in and can pitch a perfect game.... no?Β Β Wasn't that a riddle when little?

Wouldn't a perfect game imply that no batters were walked? A game where the other team doesn't get any hits but still reaches bases on walks, errors, etc. would be a no-hitter.

Every perfect game is a no-hitter, but not every no-hitter is a perfect game.

okay just to address the true issue of the post: it's sloppiness in this way: the first screen grab is a live action shot of longoria acting the part. the one with white pants is video game footage. so it's just not matching the live shots to the animated. but ultimately, it's a garbage commercial. and a garbage game for that matter.

sig2024.png

Or pinch hitting

pitcher could of came in walked 3 batters then a new pitcher came in and can pitch a perfect game.... no?Β Β Wasn't that a riddle when little?

Wouldn't a perfect game imply that no batters were walked? A game where the other team doesn't get any hits but still reaches bases on walks, errors, etc. would be a no-hitter.

Every perfect game is a no-hitter, but not every no-hitter is a perfect game.

MLB changed the definition of Perfect Game a few years ago to address that. It happened to Babe Ruth like 90 years ago or something. He got tossed after walking the first batter, new pitcher got him on the basepaths and then set down the remaining batters in order. So the perfect game became a no-hitter.

Longoria must be pinch-hitting. The only way this commercial is feasible is if Longoria is pinch-hitting for the 9th hitter (not a stretch to think he'd get an off-day in Arlington in the summer) or it's the 10th inning. But if it's the 10th inning, striking out Longoria doesn't end the game and give the pitcher a perfect game: Texas would still need to score to win in the last half of the 10th. Ergo, he's pinch-hitting.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

okay just to address the true issue of the post: it's sloppiness in this way: the first screen grab is a live action shot of longoria acting the part. the one with white pants is video game footage. so it's just not matching the live shots to the animated. but ultimately, it's a garbage commercial. and a garbage game for that matter.

You can see that both teams are wearing white pants in the game footage. That is actually a common complaint about the game, that you can't wear alternate jerseys on the road with gray pants. Unless it is a specific "road" alt jersey, it will always be paired with white pants.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Or pinch hitting

Ok. That makes alot of sence. I was wrong, you win.

Archived