2011 NBA All Stars game logo

RETROJR79

I say put it back in Vegas. What's the worst that could happen?

Oh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

the Lakers will be the host team not the Clippers, although both teams colors were in the logo in 2004 it was technically hosted by the Clippers.

If the Lakers is hosting maybe they going to unveiled the logo at the Lakers Jam this weekend.

I really liked All-Star Weekend in Vegas. It felt epic, and the logo is one of my favorites. There was quite a few incidents though that made Stern rethink doing it, though. :\

?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really liked All-Star Weekend in Vegas. It felt epic, and the logo is one of my favorites. There was quite a few incidents though that made Stern rethink doing it, though. :\

?

I think what he means is that the aura of the game in Vegas was very nice.

the Lakers will be the host team not the Clippers, although both teams colors were in the logo in 2004 it was technically hosted by the Clippers.

If the Lakers is hosting maybe they going to unveiled the logo at the Lakers Jam this weekend.

Both the Lakers and Clippers will both host the All Star Game

2011 ASG

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Both the Lakers and Clippers will both host the All Star Game

2011 ASG

And from which report, that you linked from a wiki page, made you think that either team was a host team? The nba.com story which you linked (alluded) to did not mention either team as the sole host, nor did it say much on who could host. It did talk about how AEG, operators of Staples Centers and prime, private business in making downtown L.A. an actual spot, a partner.

From the last time L.A. hosted the ASG, LA Live was built.

Please do better than wikipedia to give me news. That design was from 2009 when Stern talked about L.A. getting the AGS again. It is more about then NBA trying to assist in booking new hotel rooms in downtown L.A. for this event

Part of the big reason why it went to L.A. is that across from Staples Center there is a Ritz-Carlton (the contracted road hotel franchise for the NBA, when possible) and a JW Marriott. Both are still to open in 2010. The Ritz was set to open on March 15, but has been delayed, but the JW Marriott opened less than a month ago. It's the same building, but why have all NBA stars in the same hotel so that the hookers know.

285px-NBAAllStar2011.jpg

As you can see, there are four diamonds on each side of the "2011". The far left and far right ones represent the Lakers, while the red and white ones represent the Clippers. This is just my point of view, nothing official. Only this made sense to me at all.

BTW, I really hope they unveil a new official logo. This has been seen in the past, where in 2007 Las Vegas had a script at first (at the time of the All-Star host venue announcement), but afterwards they unveiled the official logo.

How inconvenient must All Star weekend be if none of the teams want to host it? At least with the Pro Bowl, Hawai'i wants it and the fans embrace it for the most part.

Why not just permanently move the NBA All-Star Game to Honolulu then? The Pro Bowl may be going back there next year, but it's anyone's guess how much longer that will last. Methinks Hawai'i may be in need of a substitute event in the next few years.

CCSLC signature.png

How inconvenient must All Star weekend be if none of the teams want to host it? At least with the Pro Bowl, Hawai'i wants it and the fans embrace it for the most part.

You have no idea how inconvenient it is until you've been through it. When the ASG was in Atlanta some years back it was an absolute nightmare. The city was basically one giant traffic jam for three whole days. It's hard to do it justice in just a few words but basically tens of thousands of people came from miles around just to loiter and hang out. Ask anyone who was unfortunate enough to be a part of it. If it ever comes back I'll be on the first plane out of town. It was a complete and utter disaster.

Why not just permanently move the NBA All-Star Game to Honolulu then? The Pro Bowl may be going back there next year, but it's anyone's guess how much longer that will last. Methinks Hawai'i may be in need of a substitute event in the next few years.

Screw Hawaii, move the game to China.

You have no idea how inconvenient it is until you've been through it. When the ASG was in Atlanta some years back it was an absolute nightmare. The city was basically one giant traffic jam for three whole days. It's hard to do it justice in just a few words but basically tens of thousands of people came from miles around just to loiter and hang out. Ask anyone who was unfortunate enough to be a part of it. If it ever comes back I'll be on the first plane out of town. It was a complete and utter disaster.

Screw Hawaii, move the game to China.

That, plus the league essentially takes over operation of the arena and manages ticket sales and distribution, which most owners don't like. Ed Snider was steamed that he sold all of these premium packages that guarantee people their seat for all events, and then couldn't give them any seat for the ASG. Also, local businesses and hotels did nothing but complain about the behavior of the people who came in (not necessarily the players, but their "entourages" and others who magically appear in town just to cater to their... needs). It's just not worth the hassle, unless you're a struggling franchise that just needs to get your name and logo out there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I remember it being somewhat like Freaknik... And that's about as far from a good thing as you can get...

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Archived