Nj Devils Alternate Concept

puckcool22

ive done a lot of concepts lately. a lot of it has to do with the fact that i realzied i can edit real logos on illustrator by getting them from brandoftheworld.com

here is my devils alternate concept, cause i know a new jersey set would spark hell. (get it)

tell me what you think, would you like to see this out on the ice?

(PS, this is from an old rangers concept of mine)

njd.gif

signature.gif

I don't like the fact that the dominant (far dominant) color in the logo is the same color as the jersey. It needs the circle around the logo, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind seeing it in black... and i wouldn't totally be opposed to changing the Devils current look even.

*also... I don't like the boxy lettering and name fonts.

IUe6Hvh.png

(PS, this is from an old rangers concept of mine)

Anything that could go for the Rangers is a NO for the Devils. That means no tie-ups, drop shadow numbers, or diagonal letters.

As for the jersey design overall. It's alright but I find I don't like alot of your concept becuse the stripes (especially at the bottom of the jersey) is to thin.

i half like it. i've been recycling (in some cases, remaking) my old styles, cool to see someone else doing that too. i like the dropshadow on the logo, but on the numbers it seems like overkill. i know devils are drawn as being red usually, but i'd make the NJ white in this case.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This looks really sharp!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I like the look of it, with the exception of the drop shadow on the names. Everything else looks good to me. However, I have to agtree with jkrdevil that these are a bit too Rangeresque for the Devils. They've spent their entire time in the NHL separating themselves from the Rangers, and these are just too similar I think. That doesn't mean that they look bad, though.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I'm not crazy about the same-color drop shadows for the numbers and I think you need a larger striping scheme at the bottom, but other than that I think this is a pretty good looking concept. You're certainly moving in the right direction.

It's got potential. I agree with some of the earlier comments though. The red crest on the red jersey doesn't separate enough and I'm not a fan of the white numbers with white drop shadows.

I'd also make the black stripe at the bottom larger to reflect the wider black stripes on the arms.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

It is ok, but has the issues mentioned above. The drop shadow in the same color is a little hard to read.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

hopefully this answers a lot of replies which by the way i am very thankful for

i derangerized it:

no more letter/number drop shadows

made the dominant color black, which i think works for the devils anyway

and i also made more red at the bottom of the jersey

njd1.gif

signature.gif

The original red looked fine. It doesn't have to be a "certain" way to read it. It can be red with red in the background. If I were you I would just leave it the way it was.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I love the black version. That also would work better as an alternate as opposed to the last one because the majority of the board seems to like different colored alternate jerseys. I know alot of people would much rather see a blue avalanche alternate. But either way, this is alot better.

IUe6Hvh.png

I like it better now that the numbers dont have the same color drop shadows

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• 3 weeks later...

The jersey and drop shadows are nice - Great job Puckcool22 !!! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

A little late to the party, eh Scout? Though now that I see this jersey again for the first time in a couple weeks I really like it.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

A little late to the party, eh Scout?

I must have missed it, I got kinda busy that time of the Month, with 2 or 3 track meets a week - so I fell behind.

I'd rather be late to the party than not go at all. :P

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived