2010 MLB Preview

NJTank

"In the national league, the Phillies have no rivals"

But they don't even win a NLDS series? Your reasoning for this is explained, and is fine, but your opening statement probably shouldn't be as strong if you're going to point out that they're vulnerable and will lose.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

But they don't even win a NLDS series? Your reasoning for this is explained, and is fine, but your opening statement probably shouldn't be as strong if you're going to point out that they're vulnerable and will lose.

Tim Lincecum and the Giants will stun the Phillies in the NLDS

Fixed the header bar

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tim Lincecum and the Giants will stun the Phillies in the NLDS

Fixed the header bar

*facepalm*

You missed my point. I don't care if you have them losing. You explained your reasoning, and that's your opinion, and that's fine.

It's just poor writing to start off with a strong definitive statement like "the team has no rivals" and then close the same paragraph with "they are vulnerable" and then have them bounced in the first round. You need to modify your opening sentence.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

#1: "The Streak" finally ends.

#2: Not only that, he has em finishing dead last behind the Nats. lol.

Well, he got nowhere picking them to win it all... so he might as well try something different ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

That's about where I see the Orioles finishing. In fact I actually predict they'll finish with 78 wins. Lots of young talent, but too much talent in the division to make a serious run this season. Plus we have a brutal start to the season. Hopefully that prevents a late season swoon, that's been the norm for the past 12 seasons. The only thing I would add, is that Brian Matusz should be added to the list of players to have a breakout season. He's a rookie, but got 44 innings last season. He struggled at first, but adjusted very quickly. He got alot of confidence and pitching smarts. His last start last season was outstanding (7 ip, 1 er at Yankee Stadium). I expect him to win ROY this season. I know I've been talking about him alot on here during Spring Training, but I'm really excited to see what'll he'll do this season.

one problem: "The Rangers have the lineup capable of winning, but can they get enough pitching to compete in the American League East?" When did the Rangers start playing in the AL East? Please tell me this is one sick joke :therock:

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

one problem: "The Rangers have the lineup capable of winning, but can they get enough pitching to compete in the American League East?" When did the Rangers start playing in the AL East? Please tell me this is one sick joke :therock:

D'oh Ill Fix it

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

D'oh Ill Fix it

Don't fret Tank, Kinsler is on the DL...again; Harden is Harden. Yhey have lost too many bats to be better than 2nd. Too many innings to use on Feldman so early.

The Rangers are bringing essentially the same pitching line-up as last year, from what I've noticed. Granted, they over-achieved, but I don't see how they couldn't do it again.

The reason Texas didn't get into the playoffs last year was an offense that was its least productive in roughly 15 years. If/when that comes back to life this year, the Rangers will be tough to beat.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Here are three quick takes on your preview Tank...

1. Seattle won't finish more than 3 games above .500. At best. Great defense doesn't put runs on the board. Seattle is going to lose a lot of 3-2 games. The Angels starting pitching makes them the easy favorite in that division. Losing Figgins hurt but Brandon Wood will do an adequate job filling in and the addition of Matsui makes losing Bad Vlad a wash. They also have enough pitching to withstand the loss of Lackey. The Angels are a helluva lot better than people think.

2. The Phillies are a cut above every team in The NL. I don't see a team that can beat them. That's not saying it couldn't happen but I doubt it will. I saw The Phillies in person during spring training and they are one solid ball club. If they lose a playoff series it won't be until The World Series...

3. The Mets at 57-105? Nice try but they aren't that bad. This year's Mets will be the biggest tease of all. They're going to be just close enough to give you hope of a wild card but just bad enough to ensure that you'll be pulling out your hair by around September 5th. Here we go again.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm a Dodger fan, so by default I'll pick them to win it all. But the team I'm really looking at is Texas, I really hope they make a run this year. They're very capeable, they've just had the Angels in the way. Now that the Angels are depleted a little, I think Texas can really do damage.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Here are three quick takes on your preview Tank...

1. Seattle won't finish more than 3 games above .500. At best. Great defense doesn't put runs on the board. Seattle is going to lose a lot of 3-2 games. The Angels starting pitching makes them the easy favorite in that division. Losing Figgins hurt but Brandon Wood will do an adequate job filling in and the addition of Matsui makes losing Bad Vlad a wash. They also have enough pitching to withstand the loss of Lackey. The Angels are a helluva lot better than people think.

2. The Phillies are a cut above every team in The NL. I don't see a team that can beat them. That's not saying it couldn't happen but I doubt it will. I saw The Phillies in person during spring training and they are one solid ball club. If they lose a playoff series it won't be until The World Series...

3. The Mets at 57-105? Nice try but they aren't that bad. This year's Mets will be the biggest tease of all. They're going to be just close enough to give you hope of a wild card but just bad enough to ensure that you'll be pulling out your hair by around September 5th. Here we go again.

That would be the worst result the Mets can have because nobody will get canned.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I'm a Dodger fan, so by default I'll pick them to win it all. But the team I'm really looking at is Texas, I really hope they make a run this year. They're very capeable, they've just had the Angels in the way. Now that the Angels are depleted a little, I think Texas can really do damage.

That's some very sound reasoning right there.

Oh man, the twins lost Mauer?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived