Supermarket Packaging Changes

Coast2CoastAM2006

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's going on with the Crunch Berries box?

One looks like a vintage-kind of design...which is the new one?

Or, do they have 30-year old stock?

they are packaging i started seeing a few weeks ago. I guess its some trading card gimmick that they got going on with the packaging.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

You said "POP". :lol:

What, was I supposed to say "SODA"? Now that's weird.

http://popvssoda.com:2998/countystats/total-county.html

total-county.gif

I love this graphic. I'm amazed that in some places, an 80% pop county can butt up against an 80% coke county. I'm also very curious to know what they call it in places that replied with an 80% "other".

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

You said "POP". :lol:

What, was I supposed to say "SODA"? Now that's weird.

http://popvssoda.com:2998/countystats/total-county.html

total-county.gif

I love this graphic. I'm amazed that in some places, an 80% pop county can butt up against an 80% coke county. I'm also very curious to know what they call it in places that replied with an 80% "other".

Look at Alaska!

I guess the people in the "no data" places only drink water and milk.

I'm VERY curious about that lone lime green "other" county in the all-blue Minnesota!

87Redskins.png

Just so everyone knows, the "." in Dr. Pepper was removed in the early 1950's. Since then, it has been known as simply Dr Pepper.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Calling anything other than Coke "Coke" is absolutely absurd. I am shocked and quite frankly disturbed by this southern trend!

It's not that we intentionally call another soda not a Coke, a Coke. We just call all "sodas" and "pops" (which we find really weird, never say that in the South)...cokes.

For example, if we are talking to a friend about a cookout...we might say:

"Hey man, what ya got going on this Saturday? You should come over and catch the game with us...gonna grill some burgers, drink some beers, and what not."

Response may be:

"Awesome man, I'll bring chips and some cokes or something- see ya there!"

Now, that doesn't mean he is going to show up with Coca-Cola. He may show up with Sprite, Coke Zero, Mt Dew, RC Cola, or any other brand. We all knew what he was talking about.

Calling it "pop" and "soda" is just really strange to me..especially irritating when that horrible Minnah-sow-tah accent is applied to it. Calling it a "coke" just makes sense in our American society where the first and best brand takes over the word. Even if you know the restaurant clearly serves Pepsi for their cola...you ask for Coke. These are facts.

I'm more disturbed by the "Other" responses:

1. Tarzan Slam

2. Hot Man Gravy

3. Luke

4. Fizzy Water

5. Sodie

One I thought was interesting and is more prevalent in the South than that study shows for some reason, is that we pronounce Coca-Cola as "Co-Cola".

Calling anything other than Coke "Coke" is absolutely absurd. I am shocked and quite frankly disturbed by this southern trend!

It's not that we intentionally call another soda not a Coke, a Coke. We just call all "sodas" and "pops" (which we find really weird, never say that in the South)...cokes.

"Hey man, what ya got going on this Saturday? You should come over and catch the game with us...gonna grill some burgers, drink some beers, and what not."

Response may be:

Now, that doesn't mean he is going to show up with Coca-Cola. He may show up with Sprite, Coke Zero, Mt Dew, RC Cola, or any other brand. We all knew what he was talking about.

Calling it "pop" and "soda" is just really strange to me..especially irritating when that horrible Minnah-sow-tah accent is applied to it. Calling it a "coke" just makes sense in our American society where the first and best brand takes over the word. Even if you know the restaurant clearly serves Pepsi for their cola...you ask for Coke. These are facts.

Yeah you can tell the people that moved here versus the people that have lived here their whole lives. When I say pop I get weird looks and "what the hell is that". Also, at a restaurant, if they serve Pepsi and the waitress isn't from here they always ask if Pepsi is ok.

Response may be:

Your username is Cola, which is pretty funny to me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm from Jersey, it's always been soda. Usually when ordering, since brands changed from diner to diner, you'd order a "Coke Or Pepsi" or a "Diet Coke or Pepsi". It helped to save the waitress from asking "Is Coke/Pepsi ok?"

This never happened with Sprite. Even if they had 7-up, if you ordered Sprite, you would get some sort of lemon-lime carbonated beverage and would not be asked "Is 7-up ok?", they just gave you whatever...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The MW is a bit quirky, but I like it otherwise.

It can be read both the way shown and "upside-down" so it kind of makes sense. I know some stores stock it with the lid on the shelf and others have it with the lid up. Kraft must have noticed this and made a logo to match.

GREAT!!!! I never know what side to store those Squeezable Ketchup bottles, now MW makes it even more confusing for me...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in the 7up thread, but I might as well post it here.

7up old on left new on right (also the old diet on the very right)

7upoldnew.jpg

Also heres a pic I didnt post in the 7up thread, the new diet 7up label

diet7upnew.jpg

I like the update, id say an upgrade glad to see the wannabe mountain dew 2000 label background gone.

Archived