2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really shouldnt be pulling for the Flyers to win anything let alone an entire series, but it would really help the Pens if the Flyers pull this series out.

As for the Pens, they are starting to get this thing under control now. I feel better about them now then I did even a week ago.

I'd hate to say I told you so....

.... becasue there are at least two more games left. :D

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

You know how Wings fans like to cry about being in the West...

A guy on a Detroit station today was trying to make that case. Basically he said... The Wings have won the Cup 4 times since 1997. They would have won at least another 3 or 4 more in that span if it wasn't for all of the travel.

Come on!

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Wow... That was king sized boneheaded play on Boyle's part. All he had to do was pass the puck. That's it. Pass it to the nearest man in a white Sharks jersey.

I said the Sharks are like Charlie Brown... You know what, scratch that. The Sharks are just snakebitten. Plain and simple.

Wow... That was king sized boneheaded play on Boyle's part. All he had to do was pass the puck. That's it. Pass it to the nearest man in a white Sharks jersey.

I said the Sharks are like Charlie Brown... You know what, scratch that. The Sharks are just snakebitten. Plain and simple.

Wasn't Nabokov the nearest man in a white Sharks jersey? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Wasn't Nabokov the nearest man in a white Sharks jersey? ^_^

Yes, but there were two other Sharks in the defensive end of the ice. At least pass it to them. This way, they could of mounted an attack and considering they had 50+ shots in the game, they could of at least gotten a few more.

TSN replay shows that it tipped on O'Reilly's stick... (2:05) of the Sharks-Avs highlights on the TSN homepage.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I honestly can't understand the sharks right now, it's pretty funny.

Watching that Sabres game on Saturday made me punch my wall. Hopefully tonight my hand won't get hurt.

And its not hurt from the Devils OT loss yesterday?

I honestly can't understand the sharks right now, it's pretty funny.

Watching that Sabres game on Saturday made me punch my wall. Hopefully tonight my hand won't get hurt.

And its not hurt from the Devils OT loss yesterday?

At least the Devils didn't score on themselves.

Let me get this correct. The Caps are the #1 seed and the best(?) team in the NHL, and lose game 1, then they pull their goalie after he gives up 2 goals in the first period and have to go into OT to win 6-5? This is a very weak team that will go nowhere in the playoffs. Their goaltending is highly questionable and tonight proved it. I wouldn't be shocked to see Montreal win the next three. Washington is a weak no defense team with no goaltending. That will get you nowhere in the playoffs. Washington has the same problems the had in the playoffs last year. Enjoy this win while it lasts Caps fans.

I think we're starting to see how playing in the NHL's NASCAR Division can make you look a tad better than you really are.

Exactly.

Last week when I saw that Boudreau had selected Theodore as his starter, I started laughing, I made mention to the Caps fans around me that Jose's record against Montreal since breaking camp there sucked, and starting Varlamov even for just that series might be better. I thought that leaving Jose in there to get shelled and eventually yanked would do more harm to him then just telling him straight up that he has struggled against them in the past and it may be better that he sit this one out. Now granted he hasnt been shelled yet, but getting pulled early isnt doing him any good.

Now the real fun comes tomorrow if he starts in Montreal.

Not to let these observations go unanswered; however, all of your assessments are accurate. This Caps team greatest vulnerabilities this season have been its defense (the Caps were tied with Colorado for 16th place for GA with 233), its penalty kill (78.8% success which ranks 25th; lowest playoff team is Nashville with 77.1%) and its spotty goaltending (despite reaching 30 wins, Theodore had a GAA of 2.81). For comparison sake, despite going 19-3-2 against the NASCAR Division, the Caps went 14-3-3 against the Atlantic and a respectable 11-4-5 against the Northeast this season. If the Caps manage to survive against Montreal, then they are on borrowed time during the remaining duration of the playoffs.

Then again, as a fan, I blindly believe that this is our year :P

As reported on Capitals Insider, Varlamov appears to be starting tonight.

You know how Wings fans like to cry about being in the West...

A guy on a Detroit station today was trying to make that case. Basically he said... The Wings have won the Cup 4 times since 1997. They would have won at least another 3 or 4 more in that span if it wasn't for all of the travel.

If he's anyone but Steve Allen, he's stealing my bit:

Red Wings fans bitch about the grueling travel of the Western Conference as if teams go from city to city by Conestoga wagon train, and yet they've still won four of a possible six Stanley Cups. Is the gripe that they could've won nine of a possible ten? I don't get this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I watched the Boyle play last night and I didn't and don't get the feeling that it will have any bearing on the series. I know that sounds strange, but it's not like it was game 6 and they were trying to put away the Avs or even game 7. To me the reaction of San Jose was perfect to the play, they seemed to shrug it off and I figure they'll come out and beat Colorado by 2 goals next game. I just don't have that feeling that there's panic in the Sharks right now, and I just don't see them losing to Colorado. Losing in the 2nd round, that's another story.

Archived