2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just popping in before OT, if I pass before the end of this series, all my sigs, avatars and such shall go to Mindless, my fellow Caps fan, if he shall pass, fight amongst yourselves.

John Carlson is THE MAN.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

It's nice to know that Washington is allowed to run the goalie all night. 2 goals were caused by goaltender interference. One may have been caused by the Montreal defender, but the other was blatent interference. Oh well, a split going home is good news for the Habs.

1zqy8ok.gif

This is an exciting playoffs so far, wish the rangers canparticipate, but once sather's retired, & messier becomes GM, Rangers are back.

What exactly has he done at the GM level to make you so sure?

HE ONE CUPZZZZZZ!!1!!!111!!!!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Let me get this correct. The Caps are the #1 seed and the best(?) team in the NHL, and lose game 1, then they pull their goalie after he gives up 2 goals in the first period and have to go into OT to win 6-5? This is a very weak team that will go nowhere in the playoffs. Their goaltending is highly questionable and tonight proved it. I wouldn't be shocked to see Montreal win the next three. Washington is a weak no defense team with no goaltending. That will get you nowhere in the playoffs. Washington has the same problems the had in the playoffs last year. Enjoy this win while it lasts Caps fans.

I won't be so swift to condemn the Capitals, mostly because I'm not you, but I think we're starting to see how playing in the NHL's NASCAR Division can make you look a tad better than you really are. They clearly won't cruise to a Cup, but they're still a very good team.

I will condemn the Blackhawks, however, mostly because I'm me. So much for this year. Vastly superior team beaten by no-namers running a trap; as fans we can't ask for anything better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think we're starting to see how playing in the NHL's NASCAR Division can make you look a tad better than you really are.

Exactly.

Last week when I saw that Boudreau had selected Theodore as his starter, I started laughing, I made mention to the Caps fans around me that Jose's record against Montreal since breaking camp there sucked, and starting Varlamov even for just that series might be better. I thought that leaving Jose in there to get shelled and eventually yanked would do more harm to him then just telling him straight up that he has struggled against them in the past and it may be better that he sit this one out. Now granted he hasnt been shelled yet, but getting pulled early isnt doing him any good.

Now the real fun comes tomorrow if he starts in Montreal.

to Admiral's statement of how the NBA's system is better? Really? Is that why the NBA wants to go to 7 games and not 5?

The NBA does have all seven-game series, actually, and sometimes I think it would be nice if they went back to best of five for the first round. It shouldn't require more than three games to put the Bulls out of their misery, for example.

My father and I discussed this several days ago. I've always felt the playoffs in the NHL drag on for way too long. I think a 5 game system is better, because if your team is an 8th seed and you're up against a 1st seed, do you really want 7 games to decide whether or not to advance to the next round? If the 8th seed can't get the job done in 3 games, 9 out of 10 times they won't be able to get it done with one more game. However, if the 1st can't beat the 8th seed and they've loss two straight, then maybe that 1st seed shouldn't be advancing to the next round.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived