2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

I'm praying the Sharks don't play like the Sharks of old and can finally break their playoff misfortunes...I'm not a Sharks fan, but Dan and I make up the "He-Man Red Wings Hater Club" of Michigan.

The Wings have to be the most hated team on these boards. I can only think of 4, maybe 5 regulars who actually cheer for them.

The only ones I have seen that cheer for the Red Wings are you, I, Scooter13 and Fiasco

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who chokes in a Game 7 outside of San Jose?

St. Louis, first round in 2000--the year they won the President's Curse Trophy. I nearly broke a table that night.

Ironically, San Jose was the winner on that night.

As for hating the Red Wings, count me in; it's a matter of civic duty.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Stinkin' North Stars.

Dustin Byfuglien is practicing with Madden and Versteeg, so it sounds like he'll be back to frustrating Luongo on the checking line and power play unit. Big Body Buff redux.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Jenn Sterger has such a bad case of Slut Voice.

You know, the NBA D-League is actually superior to the NCAA. This is a whole lot better to watch without the 98-second shot clock of the beloved college game.

I gotta hand it to her. She's gotten more mileage out of hot girl at Florida State football games than anyone could've imagined.

Hmmm, her figure looks a lot smaller on that Versus show.

According to the interwebs, she got her implants removed at some point in the recent past. Whateva.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Quick turnaround for the Wings they start their series tomorrow.

uh-oh. Expect a scheduling loss.

I, like many of you, also hate the Red Wings.

As both a Lions fan and a Red Wings fan, going from one extreme to the other year after year is getting a little insane. And I'm starting to like it... :wacko:

Wow... after tonight's game I can only say this: If Sid Crosby is overrated, Alex Ovechkin is even more so. At least Sid hasn't choked in a playoff Game 7 two years in a row.

CCSLC signature.png

Everyone is yelling for the WIngs to lose. Hoping not to see them in the Finals against the Penguins. So everyone is all on board for a third year in a row for the Pens? This board is too in love with Sidney Crosby and the Penguins! Go WIngs! I hope they face the Penguins again! The series is tied 1-1! Hahaha

I'd rather neither of them even participate in these playoffs.

2nd round is set

1 San Jose - 5 Detroit

2 Chicago - 3 Vancouver

4 Pittsburgh - 8 Montreal

6 Boston - 7 Philadelphia

My predictions:

Detroit in 5

Vancouver in 6

Pittsburgh in 4

Boston in 7

PvO6ZWJ.png

I would like to remind a certain washington fan of something...

Maz, I'm offering you a challenge:

Which ever team, the Caps or Pens, advances furthest this season, the loser of this competitive agreement has to show their support for their opponents team until the first game of the 2010/2011 regular season in their signature.

If both teams fail to advance to the playoffs, the winner will be determined based on the following:

- total points accumulated in standings. If tied, then:

- number of regulation victories (no shootout). If tied, then:

- head-to-head record against each other. If tied, then:

- goals difference between the four meetings.

This show of support for the rival team can be a moderately sized image or text file, but must be team or player(s) related and not completely inappropriate.

Do you accept?

FWIW, I would have used this if you had won: http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/maz1960/Carefulwhatyouwishfor.png

... Maybe we're all better off this way.

And game one is on my birthday. And Im going. Suhweeeeeet.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Everyone is yelling for the WIngs to lose. Hoping not to see them in the Finals against the Penguins. So everyone is all on board for a third year in a row for the Pens? This board is too in love with Sidney Crosby and the Penguins! Go WIngs! I hope they face the Penguins again! The series is tied 1-1! Hahaha

I'd rather neither of them even participate in these playoffs.

2nd round is set

1 San Jose - 5 Detroit

2 Chicago - 3 Vancouver

4 Pittsburgh - 8 Montreal

6 Boston - 7 Philadelphia

My predictions:

Detroit in 5

Vancouver in 6

Pittsburgh in 4

Boston in 7

:lol:

They may win but NOT in in a four game sweep.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

I'm the only Canadiens fan in the whole city of Quilmes BA, Argentina that is very, very happy with the big victory tonight...!!! :flagcanada:

ALLEZ LES HABS... !!! ON SE PEUT, OUI !!!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Eastern Conference

#1 Washington over #8 Montreal in 4 - Montreal on a bad slide entering the playoffs cost them a matchup against the Sabres now they have to deal with the toughest team in the East.

#4 Pittsburgh over #5 Ottawa in 6 - Could be the most entertaining of the Eastern first round series' but the loss of Kovalev and Kuba will hurt the Sens.

#3 Buffalo over #6 Boston in 5 - Boston the Calgary of the East will not be able to put the puck past Ryan Miller as their inability to score goals will haunt them.

#2 New Jersey over #7 Philadelphia in 7 - Atlantic rivals could give the East it's best series but in the end Brodeur will get the better of Boucher.

Western Conference

#1 San Jose over #8 Colorado in 5 - San Jose is lucky they get Colorado one of the luckiest teams coming in relying on Chris Anderson most of the season. Getting out shot a ton won't help the Avs in the playoffs.

#5 Detroit over #4 Phoenix in 7 - If Ilya Bryzgalov plays the best hockey of his career like he has done all season it will give the Yotes' a chance every night, In the end though experience will reign supreme.

#3 Vancouver over #6 Los Angeles in 6 - LA the youngest team in this years playoffs had a great season if the Kings can take at least one of the two in Vancouver this series could pan out a lot better for the Kings.

#2 Chicago over #7 Nashville in 6 - In a match up of Division opponents I like Pekka Rinne more then his country mate Antti Niemi but Chicago can do one thing Nashville can't do control the play with their offense and that's the X factor in this series.

Setting up.

East

#1 Washington vs. #4 Pittsburgh

#2 New Jersey vs. #3 Buffalo

West

#1 San Jose vs. #5 Detroit

#2 Chicago vs. #3 Vancouver

Look at that. All right in the West only 1 right in the East.

Now the Second Round Predictions.

Eastern Conference

#4 Pittsburgh over #8 Montreal in 6 - One of NBC's children is gone can the second be ousted sure why not. If Halak can play his brains out again, but they have to ultimately have to shutdown Sidney Crosby to have success they held Ovechkin in check when it mattered and really it's 1A & 1B with those guys. But I think Fleury will have more goal support giving the Pens their 3rd straight trip to the Eastern Conference Final.

#7 Philadelphia over #6 Boston in 7 - In what will surely be the hardest fought series which will probably involve a few missing teeth and cuts and these two clubs are the best at doing it. But there going to have to do it without Jeff Carter and probably Simon Gagne. X factor is Boucher or Rask, Boucher has been here before it will be interesting to see the Tuuuukkkkkka and see how he handles the pressure.

Western Conference

#1 San Jose over #5 Detroit in 6 - Quick turnaround for the Wings but the Sharks are going on almost a week without hockey which I believe will help them Colorado gave them a run and they're beat up after those 6 games. Fatigue for the Wings will be their down fall the older guys won't be able to keep up with the quick Shark offense and Nabokov will steal a game or two.

#2 Chicago over #3 Vancouver in 7 - Hate them both but this series should be the funnest of the remaining series'. Luongo or Niemi that will be the main debate. Luongo looked shaky in some of there games against the Kings and he's been shaky since the Olympics but when it matters most he shuts the door better then anyone in the league but in the end I'll take Kane, Toews and Hossa over the Swedish Connection.

Setting up.

The Battle of Pennslyvania and the Sharks vs. Hawks.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

but when it matters most he shuts the door better then anyone in the league

Last year when it mattered most he gave up seven.

That is correct but I've had a good dose of what Luongo can do when he's at the top of his game.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived