2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

So the one of the "best" two teams in the West will play one of the "worst" two playoff teams in the East for the Stanley Cup?

Interesting to say the least.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I still remember the last game of the season. The Flyers barely made the playoffs by beating the Rangers and a pissed off Lundqvist in a shootout. Look at that same Flyers team now.

I will go to sleep a fan of the team that gave up a 3-0 lead in the series and in game 7.

I will wake up a fan of the team that is watching one of their potential draft picks light it up in the Memorial Cup.

It sucks to be a Bruins fan right now but the future doesn't look too bad.

I will go to sleep a fan of the team that gave up a 3-0 lead in the series and in game 7.

I will wake up a fan of the team that is watching one of their potential draft picks light it up in the Memorial Cup.

Hall has two goals and Windsor is leading Brandon 9-1 in 2nd period. Well, I'm hoping he's not around in Windsor next season ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

I haven't been paying too much to the Memorial Cup race so far, obviously been pre-occupied with the Stanley Cup playoffs. How are Hall and Seguin looking? Which one is more likely to be wearing a Bruins uniform in the future? I have a really bad feeling that Chiarelli's gonna pick up Fowler and try to reason with the fans about why he chose him, but hopefully, that won't be the case.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

You know, the last guy who kind of fell into this category (albeit in US collegiate hockey) got cancer and ended up getting traded for the rights to this player.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I haven't been paying too much to the Memorial Cup race so far, obviously been pre-occupied with the Stanley Cup playoffs. How are Hall and Seguin looking? Which one is more likely to be wearing a Bruins uniform in the future? I have a really bad feeling that Chiarelli's gonna pick up Fowler and try to reason with the fans about why he chose him, but hopefully, that won't be the case.

Hall knocked out Seguin in the semifinals of the West. Right now,

Windsor leads 9-2 over Brandon in the opening game of the Mem Cup
so Hall is looking pretty good.

Most mock drafts have Edmonton taking Seguin and Hall has said he would like to play for Boston. The Bruins would be much better off with a wing than a centre.

Hall knocked out Seguin in the semifinals of the West. Right now,

Windsor leads 9-2 over Brandon in the opening game of the Mem Cup
so Hall is looking pretty good.

Most mock drafts have Edmonton taking Seguin and Hall has said he would like to play for Boston. The Bruins would be much better off with a wing than a centre.

Hall plays on a much more stacked team though, correct? How did Seguin look in that series?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

So the one of the "best" two teams in the West will play one of the "worst" two playoff teams in the East for the Stanley Cup?

Wouldn't it be climatic end to the NHL season if the Habs end up beating the Sharks in 7? Wouldn't be surprised 1 bit.

No, because San Jose will not beat Chicago. I have to say, that if anyone calls the Sharks chokers, they need to look right now at the biggest chokers well, since the New York Yankees. You just don't lose a series being up 3-0, you just don't do it. Boston needs to look at the leadership in that dressing room and change it, good leaders don't let their team lose a 3-0 lead in a best of 7 series. Leadership means GM, coach, and your captains.

Wouldn't it be climatic end to the NHL season if the Habs end up beating the Sharks in 7? Wouldn't be surprised 1 bit.

No, because San Jose will not beat Chicago. I have to say, that if anyone calls the Sharks chokers, they need to look right now at the biggest chokers well, since the New York Yankees. You just don't lose a series being up 3-0, you just don't do it. Boston needs to look at the leadership in that dressing room and change it, good leaders don't let their team lose a 3-0 lead in a best of 7 series. Leadership means GM, coach, and your captains.

I think its obvious this GM needs to go before he goes blowing a lottery pick. This team was devoid of offense and his answer was Miro Satan? Really?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Not sure I'd use the scare quotes for San Jose and Chicago. All season, this was the third round match we expected, and here it is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wouldn't be devastated to see Julie go, but I think Chia deserves at least another year because of the Kessel trade. Any more insane, inexplicable, Thomas/Ference/Ryder contracts, though, and he should go. Talk about albatrosses, those contracts are completely impeding the progress of this Bruins team with player movement. And captains, someone either needs to give Chara a kick in the ass or make Bergeron captain.

This Flyers-Bruins series is why I love sports. Just when you know something isn't going to happen, that's when it does. I also love sports for the peculiar nature things tend to unfold such as Philadelphia coming back in game 7 from 3-0 to win 4-3 in a series they came back from 3-0 to win 4-3. I thought about that prospect actually occurring and I told my girlfriend about how cool that would be if it actually happened, but quickly dismissed it because of how unlikely a scenario that actually is. Towards the end of the game we were both rooting for a Philadelphia victory and against an empty-netter. The odds of that must be astronomical. How many games in NHL history have started with one team taking a 3-0 lead only to lose 4-3? There can't be that many games with that exact scoring pattern.

Boggles my mind how you can be one win away from the Eastern Conference Finals AND be playing at home, but still play such unmotivated hockey. The Bruins really have to pick it up. If they lose this game, I'm not liking their chances of clinching this series.

You have nothing to worry about - it's been almost 70 years since a team came back from down 3-0 to win an NHL series.

I also love it because it means that Willmorris was wrong in a situation where it's nearly impossible to be wrong.

Also, I hate stats like the one that willmorris just posted. A. it was incorrect and B. that doesn't mean it can't happen again. C. It's unlikely because being up 3-0 usually means that you're a far superior team, but at some point it will happen again.

I guess tonight was that some point when it happened again. We probably won't see this again for a very long time.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This Flyers-Bruins series is why I love sports. Just when you know something isn't going to happen, that's when it does. I also love sports for the peculiar nature things tend to unfold such as Philadelphia coming back in game 7 from 3-0 to win 4-3 in a series they came back from 3-0 to win 4-3. I thought about that prospect actually occurring and I told my girlfriend about how cool that would be if it actually happened, but quickly dismissed it because of how unlikely a scenario that actually is. Towards the end of the game we were both rooting for a Philadelphia victory and against an empty-netter. The odds of that must be astronomical. How many games in NHL history have started with one team taking a 3-0 lead only to lose 4-3? There can't be that many games with that exact scoring pattern.

Boggles my mind how you can be one win away from the Eastern Conference Finals AND be playing at home, but still play such unmotivated hockey. The Bruins really have to pick it up. If they lose this game, I'm not liking their chances of clinching this series.

You have nothing to worry about - it's been almost 70 years since a team came back from down 3-0 to win an NHL series.

I also love it because it means that Willmorris was wrong in a situation where it's nearly impossible to be wrong.

Also, I hate stats like the one that willmorris just posted. A. it was incorrect and B. that doesn't mean it can't happen again. C. It's unlikely because being up 3-0 usually means that you're a far superior team, but at some point it will happen again.

I guess tonight was that some point when it happened again. We probably won't see this again for a very long time.

It's been less than 6 years since the last one prior to this one.

I wouldn't be too sure.

^_^

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Scheduling ironic score

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived