2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

I think you guys are right. I've watched the Blackhawks a lot all season and Byfuglien playing this way in the playoffs surprises me. It kind of reminds me of 06 when Fernando Pisani of all people came out of nowhere and blew up that postseason for the Oilers.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do the Hawks fans really not see the meh-ness of Niemi? He played like a stud for a lot of the playoffs, but they've by and large won in spite of him this series and their losses have a good chunk (not all of course) to do with him. He's one of the most poorly positioned goalies in hockey (outside of the fact that he's well positioned behind a powerhouse team).

A lot of his goals came off turnovers and other defensive breakdowns. He had a bad game tonight. You've kinda strawmanned this whole Niemi thing, since nobody's ever claimed that he's Georges Vezina reborn, just a guy who's usually pretty good. That's all. Often above average. Oh well, at least as far as staking out the hill you want to die on, you're not blaming Marian Hossa like everyone else.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Do the Hawks fans really not see the meh-ness of Niemi? He played like a stud for a lot of the playoffs, but they've by and large won in spite of him this series and their losses have a good chunk (not all of course) to do with him. He's one of the most poorly positioned goalies in hockey (outside of the fact that he's well positioned behind a powerhouse team).

(Can't be happy about the result, had to come up with something. But that point was extra apparent to me today--he was so frequently out of position.)

Cool story bro.

One more win!

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

(Can't be happy about the result, had to come up with something. But that point was extra apparent to me today--he was so frequently out of position.)

Sounds very much like a Blues homer to me since CHI is one win away from a title.

Sounds very much like a Blues homer to me since CHI is one win away from a title.

Duh.

On both counts.

One Two games away...

Fixed. The Hawks will win the Cup, but not in Philly. This thing's going the full seven.

Can't do it, Viper. I need this thing closed out in 6. I can't have the groomsmen MIA during my rehearsal dinner on Friday.

What, don't they believe in DVRs? :hockeysmiley:

CCSLC signature.png

I'm not sure which is more comical...your blasting of Niemi or your defenses of Pronger.

Probably the Pronger bit...he left town years ago and therefore by now forfeited all rights to St. Louis homer loyalty.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm not sure which is more comical...your blasting of Niemi or your defenses of Pronger.

Probably the Pronger bit...he left town years ago and therefore by now forfeited all rights to St. Louis homer loyalty.

Once you're in the Blues family you're always in the Blues family. He is a Blue.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Once you're in the Blues family you're always in the Blues family. He is a Blue.

I thought that only happened if you died in a alcohol-related motorvehicle accident.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I thought that only happened if you died in a alcohol-related motorvehicle accident.

Now now, in fairness, you can also die in your hotel room during a road trip. In fact, if you do that, it automatically makes you eligible for an ardent lobbying for the Hall of Fame.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They may not care as Pronger had is alcohol arrest issues as a minor and before he became a Blue.

I'd agree in saying that Byfuglien is in the running for Conn Smythe.

Toews was the leader going into the Finals, but he hasn't been all that present. Niemi was up there too and he's been average in the Finals.

Is there really a frontrunner for the Smythe on either side at this point?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

To all the Hawk supporters, Chris Pronger minus 5.

That is all.

And he got called for a penalty!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And that penalty led to a PPG. That'll wipe the gap-toothed smirk off his face.

While Toews hasn't had the best stats in this series, remember that he is the captain, and a Good Canadian Kid, which will do more for his consideration among the scribes than leading the playoffs in points will. Don't get me wrong, Byfuglien has been a force on the first line, but Toews or Hossa is the best player on this team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'd say the big Buff has been the best player on the ice for the 'Hawks in both the Sharks series and now in the SCF.

I'm rooting for the Blackhawks as they have the best looking sweaters remaining (the white nameplates on orange just kill the flyers for me), and because my beloved Caps couldn't get past Halak and the rest of the Montreal Canadiens (but mostly Halak)

Now now, in fairness, you can also die in your hotel room during a road trip. In fact, if you do that, it automatically makes you eligible for an ardent lobbying for the Hall of Fame.

It's great to see what you guys do with the grain of sands I give you. I don't think I've ever discussed Darryl Kile and the HOF. Course I never said your guys favorite quote either.

In any case, I like Pronger because he's the favorite enemy of my favorite enemy. And it's easy to like him again because I once liked him. That's pretty much the extent of that.

I go on about how bad Niemi is because, well, he's not very good. But on that note, is there any talk around the Hawks about what they'll do at the goaltending position next year or is next year just completely irrelevant at this current juncture (and I don't say that at all sarcastically--I understand if that's the case).

It's great to see what you guys do with the grain of sands I give you. I don't think I've ever discussed Darryl Kile and the HOF. Course I never said your guys favorite quote either.

In any case, I like Pronger because he's the favorite enemy of my favorite enemy. And it's easy to like him again because I once liked him. That's pretty much the extent of that.

I go on about how bad Niemi is because, well, he's not very good. But on that note, is there any talk around the Hawks about what they'll do at the goaltending position next year or is next year just completely irrelevant at this current juncture (and I don't say that at all sarcastically--I understand if that's the case).

Who gives a :censored: about next year?

Archived