2010 NFL Schedule

BlueSky

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an interactive look at each NFL team's opponents.

Bears will be the Bills opponent in Toronto on November 7th. It will be the first Sunday game in the Bills-Toronto Series and it will go head to head against the Argonauts who are in Montreal that same afternoon. I wonder who will win the ratings on that Sunday. :rolleyes:

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

And with the first pick in the 2011 NFL Draft The Cleveland Browns select...

Damn that's a brutal schedule my team ended up with. They could easily go 2-14. The worst part is that they may start the season 2-0 only to lose the next 14. I looked at that schedule and saw just two games where I'd pick The Browns to win; the first two. After that? Look out below. They have a chance against Jacksonville and Buffalo but it's not like those are "easy wins." It's bad enough that The Browns won't be very good to begin with. This schedule all but guarantees a "two steps backward" season after last year's "one step forward."

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

the following teams do not get to play in a primetime game unless flexed for Sunday night:

Buffalo

Cleveland

Oakland

Tampa Bay

Detroit

Seattle

St. Louis

The NYJ get five primetime games, along with SD, PIT, DAL and PHL. MIA gets a Sunday night home game followed by a Monday night home game (weeks 3 and 4).

First ever Thanksgiving Day appearance for the Saints. Five prime time dates overall (counting Thanksgiving), including their first two games, which seems kind of weird. A MNF game here in Atlanta...hope they continue to own the Falcons on MNF. B) They have some tough road games but I'm pleased with the Week 10 bye. Should be a great season to watch.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

You want brutal, infrared? Look at what the Houston Texans get for their schedule.

As for me, I'm happy with what the Seahawks got. No primetime games, but that is to be expected of a team that is in rebuilding mode. A weak schedule can only help them get better with time.

It seems to me that the NFC West got a boost because of how weak their schedules are (San Francisco has the toughest of the four teams, but even that is at 28th).

I am note sure that the Cowboys got any favors either as have four of their last eight as divisional games and five of those are against playoff teams.

Potentially, their late season salvation is hosting DET before Thanksgiving, but hosting NO on Thanksgiving with @IND immediately after, but with two more days off.

Though I am very confident in the Colts' abilities, damn its a tough one

Normal AFC South schedule with the ever-improving Texans (They are going to make the playoffs this year. It's going to happen), and the always tough Titans and Jaguars (if the Jags feel up to it this year) then add in Chargers, Patriots, Bengals, Broncos, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, and the Eagles will still be tough minus McNabb and on the road.

Thanks to God that they get the Chiefs and Raiders to snack on. Although the Raiders game is in Oakland.

There's only about 3-5 games they could probably maybe skate by without their best effort (KC, OAK, PHI, and one of each of the Titans/Jags games in Indy). They are truly going to have to bring it game in and game out.

Definitely not going 14-0 again.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

You want brutal, infrared? Look at what the Houston Texans get for their schedule.

Damn, I guess so. That's no walk in the park either. The big difference is that Houston has enough talent to steal a few of those games. The Browns on the other hand are going to be punching bags for 12 of the last 14 weeks of the season.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I was worried about the Bengals schedule before the dates came out, but the order they gave us is brutal. 4 of the first 6 games are on the road and 4 of the last 6 are against playoff teams from last year. If they go 8-8 this season it will be an accomplishment.

I am happy that they got a home monday night game this year, but I don't like that it's against the Steelers. I have always wanted to watch the Bengals play on thanksgiving, but not on the NFL network and not on the road against the Jets. That'll be a loss.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Couple of other quick things before I put the chops on the grill:

1-Notice on nfl.com, they state were the location for the games are but for the NYG and NYJ. Cowboys home games still say "Arlington, TX", but underneath the NYC teams, it is just blank.

2-I do think that the NFL still messes this up. The schedule could have been released in between more evenly the Combine, the start of Free Agency, and Draft. No need to have two items within the same week.

3-We all look at winnable games the moment this is released, before the draft, future FA signings, and any or all thinks which start with "voluntary". That's before mimi-camp and training camp when guys can get hurt. While the NFL does it right, they can still do their off-season a little better.

I like the Bengals schedule this season.

Hall of Fame game against Dallas in the preseason, MNF vs Steelers at Home, Thanksgiving for the first time ever at NYJets, and barring any flex game changes Sunday night vs San Diego. We got a mix of everything.

Signature intentionally left blank

the following teams do not get to play in a primetime game unless flexed for Sunday night:

Buffalo

Cleveland

Oakland

Tampa Bay

Detroit

Seattle

St. Louis

3 years straight baby! 4 if you don't count NFL Network games.

Also, thank you Roger for finally giving the Rams "more winnable games" early for a change. Sadly, they will be unable to avail themselves of this gift this season, as AJ Feeley will be starting to begin the year. I look forward to 2011's return to the normalcy of crippling, demoralizing losses to superior opponents in September and October.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I laugh every time someone talks about strength of schedule when the release the schedule. That has got to be the biggest joke as you don't know who's going to be good or bad. I mean sure, we know Indy, NE, and a few other teams will be good and Oakland and Cleveland will always be bad, but the rest of the teams are an injury or two away from being bad or having an injury hurt a division rival and make them better than they are. I like the fact that they have the last week as division rivals, but why not really make the end of the season matter and make the last three weeks division rivals? I also believe that the last three weeks of the season games should be played where it can snow. There should be no dome games as primetime games the last month of the season, just in case of snow. Football should be played in bad weather with mud and muck.

I laugh every time someone talks about strength of schedule when the release the schedule. That has got to be the biggest joke as you don't know who's going to be good or bad. I mean sure, we know Indy, NE, and a few other teams will be good and Oakland and Cleveland will always be bad, but the rest of the teams are an injury or two away from being bad or having an injury hurt a division rival and make them better than they are.

Exactly. That and the fact that of all the major sports in North America, the NFL is most volatile when it comes to change. Stuff changes week-to-week with this league, and with most of the league you never know what's gonna happen until it happens. So yeah, maybe I'm just a strong believer in the "Any Given Sunday" adage. Either way, I don't really get too jazzed up for the schedule being released in February. I guess it just lets me know what games to possibly look out for come football season.

I laugh every time someone talks about strength of schedule when the release the schedule. That has got to be the biggest joke as you don't know who's going to be good or bad. I mean sure, we know Indy, NE, and a few other teams will be good and Oakland and Cleveland will always be bad, but the rest of the teams are an injury or two away from being bad or having an injury hurt a division rival and make them better than they are.

Exactly. That and the fact that of all the major sports in North America, the NFL is most volatile when it comes to change. Stuff changes week-to-week with this league, and with most of the league you never know what's gonna happen until it happens. So yeah, maybe I'm just a strong believer in the "Any Given Sunday" adage. Either way, I don't really get too jazzed up for the schedule being released in February. I guess it just lets me know what games to possibly look out for come football season.

I was going to post something like this. There's always teams that sucked that come out of nowhere to win 11 games, and teams that everyone feared that just totally suck. It's impossible to be confident or worried at this point. Hell, I had the Eagles opener against the Panthers last year down as a L, as the Panthers were supposed to be tough.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived