Yankees Uniforms

leopard88

Here's a little something everyone on here can appreciate.

From The Onion:

True Yankees, Regular Yankees To Now Wear Different Uniforms

NEW YORK?The New York Yankees unveiled a new, lesser uniform at a press conference Tuesday in an effort to distinguish ordinary, run-of-the-mill Yankees from the "true Yankee legends who walk among us." "To have Javier Vazquez don the same pinstripes as Mariano Rivera or Jorge Posada is?well, it's unthinkable," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said as Curtis Granderson modeled the sterile, black-and-white uniform with a large, boxy, non-interlocking "NY" stitched across the front of the chest. "The untrue Yankees will wear a blank, unfitted ball cap until they have their big Yankee moment. They'll wear their last names on the backs of their lesser uniforms as a badge of shame." When asked which uniform he was assigned, Alex Rodriguez cried for 10 minutes.

Yes, I know The Onion is a humor site. However, I decided to post this here anyway.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From The Onion:

NEW YORK?The New York Yankees unveiled a new, lesser uniform at a press conference Tuesday in an effort to distinguish ordinary, run-of-the-mill Yankees from the "true Yankee legends who walk among us." "To have Javier Vazquez don the same pinstripes as Mariano Rivera or Jorge Posada is?well, it's unthinkable," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said as Curtis Granderson modeled the sterile, black-and-white uniform with a large, boxy, non-interlocking "NY" stitched across the front of the chest. "The untrue Yankees will wear a blank, unfitted ball cap until they have their big Yankee moment. They'll wear their last names on the backs of their lesser uniforms as a badge of shame." When asked which uniform he was assigned, Alex Rodriguez cried for 10 minutes.

Yes, I know The Onion is a humor site. However, I decided to post this here anyway.

That's just classic. It made me laugh so much and is so appropriate for the Yankees and this site.

From The Onion:

That's just classic. It made me laugh so much and is so appropriate for the Yankees and this site.

lol can someone mock this up?

Anubis.png

I wholeheartedly second this request.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

From The Onion:

NEW YORK—The New York Yankees unveiled a new, lesser uniform at a press conference Tuesday in an effort to distinguish ordinary, run-of-the-mill Yankees from the "true Yankee legends who walk among us." "To have Javier Vazquez don the same pinstripes as Mariano Rivera or Jorge Posada is…well, it's unthinkable," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said as Curtis Granderson modeled the sterile, black-and-white uniform with a large, boxy, non-interlocking "NY" stitched across the front of the chest. "The untrue Yankees will wear a blank, unfitted ball cap until they have their big Yankee moment. They'll wear their last names on the backs of their lesser uniforms as a badge of shame." When asked which uniform he was assigned, Alex Rodriguez cried for 10 minutes.

davewrite3rdbaseman.jpg

From The Onion:

NEW YORK—The New York Yankees unveiled a new, lesser uniform at a press conference Tuesday in an effort to distinguish ordinary, run-of-the-mill Yankees from the "true Yankee legends who walk among us." "To have Javier Vazquez don the same pinstripes as Mariano Rivera or Jorge Posada is?well, it's unthinkable," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said as Curtis Granderson modeled the sterile, black-and-white uniform with a large, boxy, non-interlocking "NY" stitched across the front of the chest. "The untrue Yankees will wear a blank, unfitted ball cap until they have their big Yankee moment. They'll wear their last names on the backs of their lesser uniforms as a badge of shame." When asked which uniform he was assigned, Alex Rodriguez cried for 10 minutes.

davewrite3rdbaseman.jpg

Hilarious.

I love it when A-Rod cries.

alex-rodriguez-trophy.jpg

Insecure much?

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Hilarious.

First he cries, then he kisses his own reflection in a mirror, then he kisses gnarled-up old pop stars.

Oh, and injects 'roids all the while.

Come on man that's not fair it was his cousin's fault that he used steroids...oh and he girly slaps pitcher's gloves to get to 1st base.

1098248926_2193.jpg

Hilarious.

First he cries, then he kisses his own reflection in a mirror, then he kisses gnarled-up old pop stars.

Come on man that's not fair it was his cousin's fault that he used steroids...oh and he girly slaps pitcher's gloves to get to 1st base.

1098248926_2193.jpg

slappysox.jpg

Hilarious.

alex-rodriguez-trophy.jpg

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

A-Rod's career postseason numbers (54 games, 238 plate appearances):

.302 AVG

.409 OBP

.568 SLG

.977 OPS

....hmmmm, well that doesn't fit that narrative, now does it?

Bring up steroids, be my guest, because the Red Sox ended their 80 year postseason futility because of 2 juice heads. But the idea that A-Rod comes up short in the post-season.. well the numbers don't lie.

Hilarious.

1098248926_2193.jpg

slappysox.jpg

Ownage.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Outstanding! You know it's a mesh adjustable hat too.

You know it :D

Everything he's posted thus far in this thread.

Dude, lighten up. It's just a joke. Even a fellow Yankees fan thought it was funny. Calm down and enjoy the ride.

Archived