The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wish they could fix the collar and move the "LAC" logo up more, along with the wordmarks, and then it would look pretty close to perfect.

The weird collar has grown on me, and so has the positioning of the wordmark and number. I don't know if they did this on purpose, but I feel like the current positioning makes the wordmark and number easier to see during Blake's dunks, which is great from a marketing perspective.

To compare:

340x.jpgl4783844.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I just wish they could fix the collar and move the "LAC" logo up more, along with the wordmarks, and then it would look pretty close to perfect.

The weird collar has grown on me, and so has the positioning of the wordmark and number. I don't know if they did this on purpose, but I feel like the current positioning makes the wordmark and number easier to see during Blake's dunks, which is great from a marketing perspective.

To compare:

340x.jpgl4783844.jpg

Granted those are two completely different dunks and angles, but even if they did that from a marketing perspective, it just looks awkward to me (specifically when people do Clipper concepts on these boards). It doesn't make me hate the overall uniform, as it's just a small nitpick I have concerning their jerseys.

The Lakers really seem to love their throwbacks.

I got a feeling the Lake show will return to their throwback jerseys fulltime in a couple of seasons.

What's the point? It's basically the same jersey. Plus, their current jersey is much cleaner than the throwbacks.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I prefer the cleaned-up script they use now, but I love the drop-shadow numbers. Why not have the best of both worlds?

EDIT: also, plain old cuffs/collars look better than that stupid "wishbone collar" template. Another plus for the throwbacks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Saw this on the side of a truck the other day. I think it's supposed to be the Ben Franklin Bridge in Phila.

xbzurc.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Probably a Valentine's Day gimmick, yeah. The Bulls are getting too gimmicky for my tastes. Too much of the black thirds, Los Bulls, St. Patrick's Day, Environmental Awareness, on and on. I didn't know the Kane County Cougars took up pro basketball. White at home, red away, enough already.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I would have preferred the Warriors come up with a new logo based on the design from the 2000 All-Star Game:

NBAAll-StarGame2000_PRM_SOL_SRGB.png

I always thought that the inclusion of "Golden Gate Orange" was a brilliant move (to match the color of the bridge - although I see the irony in this design using Navy).

Knicks are wearing their blue throwbacks at home again tonight against the Hawks.

The red unis vs. blue unis looks great out there. This is one of those color-on-color matchups that really work.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Archived