The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These jerseys are fake knockoffs. They use the 70's striping and numbers, 80's "Lakers" wordmark, and 2010 name on back. Disappointing.

Even the numbers are wrong...

If you look at the '24' on Kobe's jersey it's the current number font, with an extreme drop shadow (like the old-school jerseys)... If you compare the '4' from the sets you can see obvious differences (no serif at the top right side of the '4')

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

NBA All-Star game Techfit jerseys?

asw11-rose-techfit-2jpg-d278c2ab8dc7b099.jpg

Link (Link to UniWatch's Blog inside)

The real question is why is Derrick Rose in a #11 jersey?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

[Obnoxiously huge picture of D-Rose]

It IS 2011.

Thanks, I'm aware. But he is #1, and look at Dwight Howard's picture, hes in his traditional #12 duds

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

http://www.nba.com/warriors/tickets/1011_hardwood_classics.html

Warriors hardwood classics are back. Was only way to get to wear yellow home jerseys after the NBA rejected the warriors request to have their new jersey set have a yellow home jersey.

Seeing as the Hornets have been wearing their gold alt at home, I can see the Warriors doing something similar when/if they introduce a yellow alt.

Yea the NBA allows you to wear a diff color alt at home here and there. But the warriors wanted to have yellow as their full time home jersey. But the NBA told them no. Lakers have been grandfathered in and the NBA wouldn't let the warriors go back to it, like they use to. That's why the Warriors are going to have a yellow hardwood classic jersey.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

[Obnoxiously huge picture of D-Rose]

It IS 2011.

Thanks, I'm aware. But he is #1, and look at Dwight Howard's picture, hes in his traditional #12 duds

Amare Stoudemire is wearing #1. I don't know the nature of the rule, but I would guess that if two all-stars wear the same number, then the player with more experience (or maybe more all star selections) would get first dibs.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I found these authentic revolution 30 throwbacks on the Sports Authority website:

bucks.jpgWarriors.jpglakers.jpgknicks.jpgCeltics.jpg

That Celtics jersey is worlds better than their current one, as is the matching road version with the 'BOSTON' lettering on the arc.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Posted on UniWatch blog today:

? A little birdie tells me the Wizards are going to a modern version of the old Bullets uniforms with the stripes on the chest next season, and the Knicks are ditching the black and going to a very simple design, à la the Cavaliers. ?

ltj009.png

… A little birdie tells me the Wizards are going to a modern version of the old Bullets uniforms with the stripes on the chest next season, and the Knicks are ditching the black and going to a very simple design, à la the Cavaliers. …

Interesting. I wonder if that also means they are actually going to be the Bullets. I must say though, that design sounds risky. I'm already not liking it.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

? A little birdie tells me the Wizards are going to a modern version of the old Bullets uniforms with the stripes on the chest next season, and the Knicks are ditching the black and going to a very simple design, à la the Cavaliers. ?

Interesting. I wonder if that also means they are actually going to be the Bullets. I must say though, that design sounds risky. I'm already not liking it.

I'm very excited... I love using these on NBA 2K11

mjbullets-jerseys1.jpg

Fingers crossed for going back to being the Bullets....

90758391980.gif

As the pic found above, warriors have revealed their hardwood classic uni's today

http://www.nba.com/warriors/photogallery/hwc_1011_1.html

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but what's with the patch? It looks like a double-billed baseball cap.

Nah, hasn't been talked about here.

"Beginning Thursday and at several games during NBA Hardwood Classics Month, the Warriors will wear replicas of the team?s yellow home uniform from the 1974-75 campaign, which feature the State of California with a prominent northern star placed over the Bay Area to represent the team?s home in the Golden State. Additionally, as a tribute to former Warriors? owner Franklin Mieuli, who passed away last summer, a circular black patch featuring a blue & gold deerstalker cap similar to the one Mieuli was famous for wearing has been added to the Hardwood Classic uniforms. "

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

As long as they don't OVER simplify, I'm glad the Knicks will be simplifying, if only because the Thunder will no longer look like Knicks impersonators.

I'm very excited... I love using these on NBA 2K11

mjbullets-jerseys1.jpg

Fingers crossed for going back to being the Bullets....

Don't get me wrong, I like those unis. They are obviously classics, and they are what the team wore when they won their only championship. But I wouldn't want to see them wearing those every night. The time for those has come and gone. As an alternate, fine, and as a throwback, fine. But not every game.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Knicks need to go back to the late 80's/early 90's unis - simple, clean, with the "NY" on the shorts.

Don't get your hopes up that the Wizards will change their name - it'll probably just be a logo re-colour and new unis. I think the earliest they could change their name would be 2012-13.

Archived