The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

Kurt Thomas's jersey was really bugging me tonight:

ap-fe48969391c84f91a801b98d92af1a24.jpg

I guess there's not enough space inside that 4 "hole", but it was still annoying that the inside of the "0" has a white outline, while the 4 doesn't. It doesn't look right, as if there was supposed to be a white outline (or tiny triangle) in there but it fell off.

BTW, I'm surprised at how well this dude can still ball. I had no idea he was still in the league, let alone a starter (even if it was due to other's injuries).

The Bulls need to vertically elongate their numbers. The Clippers used to have the same problem before they got their new uniforms.

The 5 in this number set is terrible looking because the white outline touches another white outline where it makes the number look more like a 6.

Like this?

Chicago-Bulls-Carlos-Boozer-in-Washington_8.jpg

Just like that. To contradict my other post, I said that the outline touching makes the 5 look more like a 6, but from afar it makes it look more like Boozer's number is Blob.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And btw, glad to see the Grizzlies' alternate uniforms being of basic material and not the shiny one, which they shouldn't have been in the first place. They look really sharp now.

ap-e7d73182e7ce4ddf89b70237986faa3e.jpg

Though they do look better, I still hate the Grizz' 3rds. They look like women's jerseys.

I also hate the way the new adidas system makes the split numbers "impossible."

Andray Blatche is wearing a blue headband tonight for the Wizards. I've been following and watching the Wizards since they've been the Wizards, and I've never seen a Wizards player wear a blue headband in a game, whether at home or on the road. Worth noting I guess. Maybe it's an (hopefully not futile) attempt to break their road losing streak.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Andray Blatche is wearing a blue headband tonight for the Wizards. I've been following and watching the Wizards since they've been the Wizards, and I've never seen a Wizards player wear a blue headband in a game, whether at home or on the road. Worth noting I guess. Maybe it's an (hopefully not futile) attempt to break their road losing streak.

Its for nba fit week. Every player that wears a headband is wearing one.

Its for nba fit week. Every player that wears a headband is wearing one.

Oh yeah, you're right. My bad. It matched so well with the Wizards uni that I didn't even realize it was for a promotion.

The Bobcats unis are a mess. On the home whites, McGuire's name-on-back isn't arched, and the "c" is "superscripted". On the road blues, McGuire's name-on-back is arched, and the "c" is "subscripted". There are two guys with the last name Brown on the team, but on both the homes and roads, Kwame has "K. Brown" and Derrick Brown just has "Brown". It looks so inconsistent, they should either just have both of them wear Brown or have them wear K. Brown and D. Brown.

Does anyone else think the Suns could go with purple side panels on the orange jerseys? I've photoshopped it before, and it didnt look bad, because right now it looks so odd with an orange base, big grey panels, then white piping and numbers with purple only on the trim on the numbers and wordmark.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Has anyone else noticed how the Heat have worn their alternate red uniforms on the road the last couple of games. It seems like the last 6-8 games I've seen highlights of or watched they've always worn them.

I remember someone mentioning they were considering making it their primary road, and the Adidas rev30 media kit has all 30 teams road uniforms except the Heat's is the alternate. I'm guessing it's their unofficial new road uniform.

Does anyone else think the Suns could go with purple side panels on the orange jerseys? I've photoshopped it before, and it didnt look bad, because right now it looks so odd with an orange base, big grey panels, then white piping and numbers with purple only on the trim on the numbers and wordmark.

Gray looks weird on the Suns in general, IMO. I think (and this is a HUGE guess) they have gray side panels in order to not look too much like the division-rival Lakers, but I don't know. Do you still have the photoshop? Might be nice to see it.

Has anyone else noticed how the Heat have worn their alternate red uniforms on the road the last couple of games. It seems like the last 6-8 games I've seen highlights of or watched they've always worn them.

I remember someone mentioning they were considering making it their primary road, and the Adidas rev30 media kit has all 30 teams road uniforms except the Heat's is the alternate. I'm guessing it's their unofficial new road uniform.

Their red unis look more bright this year to me (in a bad way). I liked their previous red unis, the red looked more deep and original. I guess it could just be me, or the new material though.

I get that "the league" doesn't let teams wear yellow, but who is "the league"? It's the 30 (or however many teams there are) owners - it's not like it's some independent government. So it's basically the other teams are not letting each other wear yellow. If they got the other teams on board, they'd be able to do it.

It actually might be an independent agency. I don't know about the NBA, but that's essentially what MLB has.

The owners are techically the "bosses", and can (and sometimes do) fire a Commissioner who ceases to run their sport to their satisfaction, but in practice the Commissioner has a lot of leeway in how he administers.

They might have the nuclear option over his policies, but unless he's seriously out of line (costing them money) they won't ever use it.

Gray looks weird on the Suns in general, IMO. I think (and this is a HUGE guess) they have gray side panels in order to not look too much like the division-rival Lakers, but I don't know. Do you still have the photoshop? Might be nice to see it.

You can kinda see it in the cover in my avatar, but I'll try to post a better pic later when I get a chance.

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

This is from last year but yes it has not changed...it has been grey since this uniform set

Nobody said it has changed, I think you read the post wrong.

I get that "the league" doesn't let teams wear yellow, but who is "the league"? It's the 30 (or however many teams there are) owners - it's not like it's some independent government. So it's basically the other teams are not letting each other wear yellow. If they got the other teams on board, they'd be able to do it.

It actually might be an independent agency. I don't know about the NBA, but that's essentially what MLB has.

The owners are techically the "bosses", and can (and sometimes do) fire a Commissioner who ceases to run their sport to their satisfaction, but in practice the Commissioner has a lot of leeway in how he administers.

They might have the nuclear option over his policies, but unless he's seriously out of line (costing them money) they won't ever use it.

I get what you're saying about the (essentially) contracted-out administration. I'd really enjoy reading the "rules" about how this works for each league (or at least NFL and MLB.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's that pic, like I said before, I think it looks better than the grey in general, but now the purple trim around the numbers/wordmark and that ellipse thing actually look like they belong

SteveNashMockup-1.png

Here's that pic, like I said before, I think it looks better than the grey in general, but now the purple trim around the numbers/wordmark and that ellipse thing actually look like they belong

SteveNashMockup-1.png

Wow! I think that is a 110% better looking than what they currently wear. Personally i've never been a fan of their current set(home/road/alt). I feel like they can do so much better than what the currently have. I would like them to bridge/take elements from the "Shooting Sun"(circa 1992-2000)jersey and generic script jersey of the mid 80's/early 90's and create a unique look(not as "unique" as what they currently have").

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Here's the Cavaliers' CavFanatic jersey in action... If you wanna call it that haha.

Haven't been worn in-game yet, and I don't think they will be. Nonetheless, here it is.

pod_130111_780.jpg

And the chick with the mic is a babe.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Here's the Cavaliers' CavFanatic jersey in action... If you wanna call it that haha.

Haven't been worn in-game yet, and I don't think they will be. Nonetheless, here it is.

pod_130111_780.jpg

And the chick with the mic is a babe.

could daniel gibson look any less interested?

as a waste of time/effort/money as the cavfanatic jerseys are, i'd kinda like to see them in action

Archived