The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the Cavaliers' CavFanatic jersey in action... If you wanna call it that haha.

Haven't been worn in-game yet, and I don't think they will be. Nonetheless, here it is.

pod_130111_780.jpg

And the chick with the mic is a babe.

could daniel gibson look any less interested?

as a waste of time/effort/money as the cavfanatic jerseys are, i'd kinda like to see them in action

Oh I know I saw his face too.

Atleast Byron looks interested...? Nope, that's probably not a good thing.

But yea, as much as I thought I would despise these unis, I definitely would like to see them in action.

I still have a soft spot in my heart for that color combo too.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

2011 NBA All Star Gear via NBAStore.com:

011211_ASpot_AS11.jpg

I really like those jerseys. I'd love to know what skyline is being used in the East's wordmark.

I can understand that Los Angeles' skyline may be in the West's wordmark. Or maybe they're noth generic skylines?

Either way I really like the jerseys, from this view anyway.

011211_ASpot_AS11.jpg

I really like those jerseys. I'd love to know what skyline is being used in the East's wordmark.

I can understand that Los Angeles' skyline may be in the West's wordmark. Or maybe they're noth generic skylines?

From what I can tell, they're both the same skyline (look at the 'T'). If I had to guess, I'd say it's LA or a generic one.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

011211_ASpot_AS11.jpg

From what I can tell, they're both the same skyline (look at the 'T'). If I had to guess, I'd say it's LA or a generic one.

I think the All-Stars jerseys look good, but I think they would look even better without "THE" above East & West(imo).

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

I'm kind of surprised the Lakers aren't wearing white, considering it's a major holiday. Not meant to be a race-related statement ( :rolleyes: ), but I thought their uniform "code" included wearing white on all major holidays.

Nope. It's Sunday HOME Games only and Christmas.

I'm kind of surprised the Lakers aren't wearing white, considering it's a major holiday. Not meant to be a race-related statement ( :rolleyes: ), but I thought their uniform "code" included wearing white on all major holidays.

Nope. It's Sunday HOME Games only and Christmas.

Oh, ok. I could have sworn I've seen them play in their white uniforms on other holidays, but I guess my memory is a little fuzzy.

Their Wikipedia says they wear the whites "Sunday and holiday home games." Someone ought to fix that I guess.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Loogodude is the guy who sends a BLT back to the kitchen because the lettuce was above the bacon and he did not order an LBT.

Could you explain that? I don't see how that relates to me wondering why they aren't wearing their white jersey on a holiday home game.

Your jokes usually aren't very funny even when they make sense though, so don't feel the need to rush your explanation.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Cavs are wearing the CavFanatic jerseys tonight.

I must say, they look spectacular.

It's like a crazy sex-child of the previous alternate uniforms (which got old, fast) and the 90s sets (Shawn Kemp-era).

It's such a refreshing look. I like the fact that white is now a part of the rest of the trim (and not just the wordmark, like the previous alternate).

If they adopted a set that used this as the road uniform, I would be in heaven.

No pics yet :(

Cavfanatic jerseys look friggin' sweet but make no sense whatsoever... Just like everything else the Cavs have done this season.

They work much better as fashion jerseys. And with the way the Cavs are playing, they might as well switch to some interesting uniforms like this full time instead of the :censored: (yes, :censored:, they look worse and worse with every game they lose) they wear now.

Side note, that guy proposing was a big poster on the old Cavs Message Boards before they changed it to the Cavfanatic site commemorated annually with good-looking no sense-making jerseys. I used to be on the site but there are too many idiots on there.

Cavfanatic jerseys look friggin' sweet but make no sense whatsoever... Just like everything else the Cavs have done this season.

They work much better as fashion jerseys. And with the way the Cavs are playing, they might as well switch to some interesting uniforms like this full time instead of the :censored: (yes, :censored:, they look worse and worse with every game they lose) they wear now.

Side note, that guy proposing was a big poster on the old Cavs Message Boards before they changed it to the Cavfanatic site commemorated annually with good-looking no sense-making jerseys. I used to be on the site but there are too many idiots on there.

What is there to make sense? haha.

I love the look in game, much more than I did seeing the jersey as a fashion jersey.

I like the fact that these jerseys are made to acknowledge the fans, specifically the CavFanatic message board. But in all honestly, the fans on CavFanatic don't deserve anything right now. All they do is whine and cry about poor management, and make up terrible trades. haha.

I am a member, and I visit daily, but I rarely post. And when I do, I make sure I don't sound like an idiot haha.

Anyone else notice the side paneling is different than the actual fashion jersey?

ap-e62400fa370240ffb405f9f4297d5b59.jpgpod_130111_780.jpg

I like the in-game version better. I like the abundance of white. It's a really clean look, in my opinion.

I don't really like how the former alternate jersey looked. The added navy space in the striping didn't look great, if it were replaced with white it would have looked much better, in my opinion. (The fact that the wordmark and numbers were white, threw off the balance, I think).

lebron-james.jpg

That is simultaneously the best use of the '90s color scheme, and the best use of the '00s alt uni template. If you only described to me what the Cavs were going to do with that uni, I'd laugh and/or recoil in horror. But damned if it doesn't work when put in action.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I wasn't fond of the 90's color scheme either, but those really do look good, and I wouldn't be against it if they switched to them full-time. Maybe it's the refreshing effect amid the horrendous season in those whine ones, but then again, you can only go up from there, because they were a disgrace from the beginning.

Archived