The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

2003? Crap, that :censored: is obsolescent...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe convert them for use on a different template, and fix the number fonts, and they're fine. Actually, they'd be fine as-is if they'd actually wear them with any consistency.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

New+cavs+word+mark.jpg

For those who missed out on the first go-round about the Cavs' changes many, many pages ago, that's what the new wordmark looks like. I would've been OK with new jerseys, but changing the color scheme and adding a very generic wordmark just seems so unnecessary. I'll reserve final judgment until they unveil the uniforms, but I don't have very high hopes.

Two things spring to mind from that video:

1. I love how the "primary logo" will apparently be ignored. I bet the only place we see it is on Wikipedia.

2. That wordmark really needs an outline - it keeps disappearing against a dark background, be it in the animation or on the Photoshopped merchandise.

Two things spring to mind from that video:

1. I love how the "primary logo" will apparently be ignored. I bet the only place we see it is on Wikipedia.

2. That wordmark really needs an outline - it keeps disappearing against a dark background, be it in the animation or on the Photoshopped merchandise.

I agree, in a lot of cases the wordmark does need an outline, and one excellent case of that will be on the away uniforms where the green on the ball will get washed out by the navy blue of the mesh fabric!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

That seems to be the hot new trend in the NBA these days, where the alternate logo is really the primary. (Atlanta, Denver, New Orleans, Phoenix ... The list goes on.)

6uXNWAo.png

"The City" was the dumbest thing ever to appear on an NBA jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, I don't know about these uniforms, but we got our blue and yellow back. I wonder why we'd seen the logo in inverted colors all this time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I would've preferred "Warriors" above the circle at home and "Golden State" on the road, not both at all times. Reminds me too much of the bad Rockets uniforms.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Warriors Partial logo looks great with the basketball lines. I'm curious about the Secondary Logo B that is on there with the SF. I wonder if that means they might be returning to the "San Francisco Warriors" name?

http://www.nba.com/warriors/index_main.html if you can get through they have updated their site

That video is killer! Finally, teams are giving us a break down of why theyre choosing to go with these identity packages. VERY WELL DONE WARRIORS, even if the new Bay Bridge has yet to be completed!!! It's pretty crazy they've chosen to disclose their PMS colors on their website too. I thought teams initially did everything they could to keep that information private!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Not really a fan of the white jersey with big blue spot. Prefer the way all of the gold jerseys with the same basic treatment look in that graphic, so I guess I liked the inverted colors better. I really hope the leaks didn't force them to make some of these changes, as someone earlier said an ESPN article suggested.

Seeing the evolution is nice... they didn't stray as far as it seems, or at least they did it in steps. My favorites, as simple as they are, will always be the TMC jerseys from the late '80s.

And the SF? I don't understand that at all, and I'd be a bit ticked if I lived in Oakland.

Archived