The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am getting sick of the lane being one color, then the outside rectangles being another. It seems almost every court is doing that now. Oh well.

Teams have been doing that for years and years because it's aesthetically pleasing to set them off from the rest of the lane like that. It's not a fad. Complain about not painting the lane at all (making "points in the paint" a head-scratcher), or the new Cavaliers/All-Star Game idea of not even having the rectangles along the sides.

I guess it depends on what the actual definition of the Paint is... or what the lane it, etc. etc.

I understand teams have been doing the 2 color system for a while, which is why I said its unoriginal and starting to get really boring. Off the top of my head... Orlando, Miami, Dallas, Golden State, Memphis, Minni all have it... And I think Milaukee has it too.

I am not saying the Cavs future court have 1 solid square is better, or more pleasing, but at least it is something a little bit different, and not just the same follow in line design.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

It could be done just in case they ever host college games on the same floor. Usually they have a new set of floor graphics for that type of thing, but not always.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It could be done just in case they ever host college games on the same floor. Usually they have a new set of floor graphics for that type of thing, but not always.

I think the trend lately (at least with the Sixers / Villanova) is to just use stickers over top of the NBA graphics. Not sure how they get the college 3-point line on there - but if they're using stickers for everything else, I can't imagine that they have new planks just for that.

I don't like any extra lines that don't belong on the floor - it kind of reminds me of gym class where the volleyball lines came out onto the basketball floor. I like what the Cavs are doing, even if it takes away some coloring options. I guess they could color the top of the jump circle if they wanted to.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the trend lately (at least with the Sixers / Villanova) is to just use stickers over top of the NBA graphics. Not sure how they get the college 3-point line on there - but if they're using stickers for everything else, I can't imagine that they have new planks just for that.

I don't like any extra lines that don't belong on the floor - it kind of reminds me of gym class where the volleyball lines came out onto the basketball floor. I like what the Cavs are doing, even if it takes away some coloring options. I guess they could color the top of the jump circle if they wanted to.

They should just quit beating around the bush and put a trapezoidal lane in there. Ruffle some feathers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Per Jazz owner Greg Miller's Twitter:

Join me @ the Jazz jersey launch party. ESA plaza near John/Karl statues, 7pm 8/16. Jazz players, BBQ, Jazz band etc. Hope to see you there!

How about I spoil their party and just release them now! thicon_wink.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Per Jazz owner Greg Miller's Twitter:

Join me @ the Jazz jersey launch party. ESA plaza near John/Karl statues, 7pm 8/16. Jazz players, BBQ, Jazz band etc. Hope to see you there!

How about I spoil their party and just release them now! thicon_wink.gif

I wouldn't be against you releasing them at say ... 7pm EASTERN.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I don't like the numbers. The outlines don't match the double-outlines on the wordmarks, which they just standardized, and they look too much like Detroit's contrived numbers, which also aren't very good. The side panels are just typical modern NBA Various Shapes & Things.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If those are indeed the uniforms, then they're not bad, but they could be better. Kind of reminds me of the Boozer-era Jazz home uniforms, with the thin lines down the sides, but with a second color.

Speaking of the Jazz, I'll be keeping my eyes open for their new look. Hope it's good!! ;)

Those uniforms--at least the side panel detailing, anyway--sure do remind me of Conrad's LA Clippers concept from a while back. The similarities are quite striking.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I see they are using the mesh from the all-star game on the uniforms. Its not bad , I guess it would be an upgrade. If we get too see them in action and on the players, it will be more easy to judge.

4kv29i.jpg

Archived