The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

Very much looking forward to the new Hornets alts!

If only the kept their original Hugo Bee logo

I've not seen them yet, but I've had them described in detail by a couple of people, and I don't like the sound of 'em. I'd much prefer purple alts like the set from '95-97, but with the gold it may be too Lakeresque...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a shot of the new Revolution 30 Knicks home whites from Knicks Media Day. Check out the numbers... looks like they changed. Instead of orange with blue trim, looks like they'll be orange-white-blue. Downgrade imo... the white trim is entirely unnecessary.

x22cafcff.jpg

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

These photos from Rockets media day show the new Adidas material replacing the shiny Rocket unis, plus the new "more block-like" number font. It's hard to tell, but on the last pic, the less shiny material seems to give the reds a different look. I like the move away from the shiny stuff, personally.

I apologize for the not-so-photogenic Jordan Eglseder in the first pic :D

eggu.png

128537237644931.jpg

128537376225244.jpg

128537238821637.jpg

128537234819647.jpg

128537220133930.jpg

128537228667370.jpg

Here's a shot of the new Revolution 30 Knicks home whites from Knicks Media Day. Check out the numbers... looks like they changed. Instead of orange with blue trim, looks like they'll be orange-white-blue. Downgrade imo... the white trim is entirely unnecessary.

x22cafcff.jpg

I like the new neckline and the trim fit, but the white trim on the numbers is inexplicable. It doesn't add anything aesthetically, and it clashes with both the 'New York' wordmark on the home jersey and the numbers on the away jersey (which lack a similar white outline). The Rockets seem to have added a similar superfluous white outline to their numbers. It never surprises me anymore when Adidas makes a mess of a uniform.

What's weird is that in the Scola picture the red armhole loops don't seem to connect at the bottom which they used to.

I think that's just the angle of the photo. These aren't my photos, but I was at the Toyota Center yesterday and I didn't notice anything different with Scola's jersey.

x22cafcff.jpg

That is horrendous. Not only does it not match the wordmark, it doesn't match the numbers on the back, either.

60337_449619369200_193370609200_4742249_1835529_n.jpg

OldRomanSig2.jpg

x22cafcff.jpg

That is horrendous. Not only does it not match the wordmark, it doesn't match the numbers on the back, either.

Which is why I'm hoping that this is just a case of the Knicks being weird for a photoshoot, instead of what they will actually be wearing. Much rather them continue to use what Stoudemire has on, because the other numbers would be a mess.

I just realized Memphis seems to have gotten rid of the inline on their numbers...

p8518576dt.jpgp8518583dt.jpgp8652639dt.jpg

104352221.jpg

IMO, it looks like laziness on Adidas' part. The mesh might've given them a hard time.(It would make sense for the wordmark, because the wordmark isn't mesh... Either way, they should have gotten rid of the inline on the wordmark too, if that's the case...)

EDIT: Also judging by the pictures I've looked at, it doesn't look like these are going to be worn 'SOD-tight' like I kind of expected. Looks like the players will wear the same old baggy style.

Also, anyone know if this 'Revolution 30' styling will extend to College ball?

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I just realized Memphis seems to have gotten rid of the inline on their numbers... Atleast on their roads.

p8518576dt.jpgp8518583dt.jpg

104352221.jpg

IMO, it looks like laziness on Adidas' part. The mesh might've given them a hard time.(It would make sense for the wordmark, because the wordmark isn't mesh... Either way, they should have gotten rid of the inline on the wordmark too, if that's the case...)

That's a bummer. :(

I just realized Memphis seems to have gotten rid of the inline on their numbers... Atleast on their roads.

p8518576dt.jpgp8518583dt.jpg

104352221.jpg

That's a bummer. :(

Looks like ATL was forced to go the same route.

p8516072dt.jpg

I found an odd inconsistency in the Nuggets light blue jersey...

Check out the collar on the Nuggets jersey here:

104352221.jpg

Then look at the collar here:

p8563029dt.jpg

Look different to you too?

Wow. My first reaction to this Revo30lution stuff was 'Cool. Awesome technology in a jersey without sacrificing appearance.' Now, I realize that appearance is completely sacrificed! Wordmarks mismatched against numbers, front numbers mismatched against back numbers, standardizing collars, etc. If adidas could retain the teams' originality & uniformity throughout the jersey while still incorporating their technology, then I'm all for it. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

ujsignature.png

x22cafcff.jpg

mediaday2010_25.jpg

Archived