The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many threads going on about the new NBA stuff that I can't remember where it was initially posted, but I remember someone expressing concern about how huge the CELTICS wordmark is on the new Boston jerseys. Judging by what players were wearing today at media day, things look pretty normal after all, so those early pics might have just been poorly rendered mock-ups or something.

Here's an example from media day:

2010media-day440352.jpg

Remember those pics of NBA shop Atlanta & Memphis jerseys that had the mismatched scripts & numbers? At first, I thought that was just adidas being lazy with replicas like they have been since they got their hands on the NBA.

Then Media Day for the Hawks comes, and I see this.

I wanna take adidas in a back alley and shank them.

Remember those pics of NBA shop Atlanta & Memphis jerseys that had the mismatched scripts & numbers? At first, I thought that was just adidas being lazy with replicas like they have been since they got their hands on the NBA.

Then Media Day for the Hawks comes, and I see this.

In all fairness, the numbers shouldn't have beveling on them in the first place. They should ditch it on the wordmark to match at this point.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It looks to me like the Nuggets stripes actually go all the way down the shorts now.

Big improvement.

Here's last years:

Dallas+Mavericks+v+Denver+Nuggets+n0hSRvkK8Zll.jpg

Here's a picture from media day:

104493359.jpg

No 'dazzle material' really makes the uniform much nicer-looking.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Denver are only now changing the wordmark right? I know they added Darker Blue to their logo a couple years ago, but I'm right in saying they've only just added the navy outline in the text with the "Adidas 30 team revolution"?

I'm suprised, I actually liked the glossy look for Houston, Denver, Bucks, Grizzlies etc.

But Denver have pulled it off well - especially with such a minimal jersey.

Denver are only now changing the wordmark right? I know they added Darker Blue to their logo a couple years ago, but I'm right in saying they've only just added the navy outline in the text with the "Adidas 30 team revolution"?

I'm suprised, I actually liked the glossy look for Houston, Denver, Bucks, Grizzlies etc.

But Denver have pulled it off well - especially with such a minimal jersey.

No, they had a navy outline on the wordmark since they added navy (Just like the numbers). It just wasn't as thick as it is now.

jNTsTyQ.png

nike-just-do-it2-300x300.jpg

So it appears the whole agenda of Revolution 30 to make the replicas resemble the authentics as much as possible was the other way round, after all. :rolleyes:

-

It might be the angle, but it also seems that the piping on Charlotte's uni doesn't extend as high above the wordmark as it did.

And what comes to the Nuggets home jersey, I'm not feeling the change of the collar triangle from yellow to blue; the yellow triangle was a good accent there, reminiscent of a nugget, which are actually golden.

I'm really glad that shimmery look to a lot of these uniforms are gone.

Amen! I'm not a huge fan of the templated collars around the league, but as a Rockets fan I love that the new mesh material seems to be the death of shiny uniforms. I guess the shiny look is cute when you only see it once a month or so, but as a five year season ticket holder and a guy that watches almost every Rocket game, the shiny jerseys can ware on you over the course of a season.

I really like Denver's update. The collar is subtle but really does a lot for the uniform. It also get's rid of the uncomfortable neckline they had before.

I am 50/50 on the shinny material. I think they should have just left the shinny on the blue side panels. It would have added a nice material contrast rather than just color contrast.

Now, for Denver's word mark... I know they had the navy last year (maybe 2 years), but it seems this dark outline is almost black. Can anyone confirm? It looks much darker than the navy from last year.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The Bucks will be wearing throwbacks from 1971 according to today's UniWatch. Which is great, 'cause they've never worn those before... :rolleyes:

Why can't they just bust out one of the Irish Rainbow sets? Those are overdue for a comeback.

Archived