The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

Perhaps it is somewhere within these 87 pages, but what is the patch on the Bulls jersey?

bulls-rose-cbs-pv.jpg

I would guess it's commemorating the 20th (XX) anniversary of their first ever NBA championship, in the 1990-91 season. Just a guess, though, I'm no Bulls fan.

Yeah seeing that I can't think of anything else it can be....

That is indeed what it is. It certainly popped into my mind, but for a team that has won six titles, the 20th anniversary of its first just doesn't seem like something to commemorate with a patch. Celebrate it all year with appearances, in-game events, etc., but a patch? Doesn't work for me. Next year will they commemorate the 20th anniversary of the second?

More info here, plus a better look at the logo:

Bulls to celebrate 20th anniversary of first NBA title

bullsxx.jpg

EDIT: Replaced photo with logo with clearer shot of logo. Interesting that the banner and Bull are removed from the patch.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Battie pic made me look for other Sixers pics and I think the new uni templates make the Sixers uni design sharper. The big criticism was the lack of outline around the letters and numbers. This has been partially solved by the template. Should be blue outlines on the numbers, but even the white helps a bit.

104493117.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E68583D671BB1A92A817B965C1596845C8240443C77777F40AE30A760B0D811297

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Adidas collar design looks the best here

neworleans_hornets550.jpg

Agreed!

Looks nice. Too bad the Jazz went back to the Purple/Yellow/Green colors as I would have loved to see the Hornets lose the Carolina blue for green. Now it would just look like they were copying the Jazz. Great look though.

1- Jazz went to navy not purple

2- this will be the 3rd year the Hornets have had this identity

ujsignature.png

Perhaps it is somewhere within these 87 pages, but what is the patch on the Bulls jersey?

bulls-rose-cbs-pv.jpg

I would guess it's commemorating the 20th (XX) anniversary of their first ever NBA championship, in the 1990-91 season. Just a guess, though, I'm no Bulls fan.

Yeah seeing that I can't think of anything else it can be....

That is indeed what it is. It certainly popped into my mind, but for a team that has won six titles, the 20th anniversary of its first just doesn't seem like something to commemorate with a patch. Celebrate it all year with appearances, in-game events, etc., but a patch? Doesn't work for me. Next year will they commemorate the 20th anniversary of the second?

More info here, plus a better look at the logo:

Bulls to celebrate 20th anniversary of first NBA title

bullsxx.jpg

EDIT: Replaced photo with logo with clearer shot of logo. Interesting that the banner and Bull are removed from the patch.

This is the Bulls' 45th season, and with them celebrating their milestone anniversaries every five years (at least since 25th anniversary--ironically enough, same year as the first NBA title), they would gone that route instead of the 20th anniversary of the first championship.

Sorry if this has been posted, but apparently Dallas is getting a new logo - i highly doubt it for this season. Something must have been taken out of context.

By DOUG FERGUSON

PHOTO GALLERY

AP Photo

DALLAS, Texas (AP)

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban announced today there will be a fresh new look to the Western Conference team this year and he wasn't just referring to the addition of Steve Novak. "I think our franchise is on the cutting edge and I wanted to do something to freshen up our image." Says Cuban, the 52 year-old entrepreneur. "We have a beautiful arena in a very exciting city and I felt it was time for a change" The new logo is expected to be unveiled tonight in a late-night press conference after the team's practice.

Well, since NBA teams rarely replace their primaries anyway, it's not like the Mavs would have to change everything before the first game. It could always be used on their website, etc. And Cuban's not big on the rules anyway. He was wearing the new (current) logo long before it could be "officially" introduced.

Sorry if this has been posted, but apparently Dallas is getting a new logo - i highly doubt it for this season. Something must have been taken out of context.

By DOUG FERGUSON

PHOTO GALLERY

AP Photo

DALLAS, Texas (AP)

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban announced today there will be a fresh new look to the Western Conference team this year and he wasn't just referring to the addition of Steve Novak. "I think our franchise is on the cutting edge and I wanted to do something to freshen up our image." Says Cuban, the 52 year-old entrepreneur. "We have a beautiful arena in a very exciting city and I felt it was time for a change" The new logo is expected to be unveiled tonight in a late-night press conference after the team's practice.

Could just be a new alternate that will be grossly overused.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Adidas collar design looks the best here

neworleans_hornets550.jpg

Agreed!

Looks nice. Too bad the Jazz went back to the Purple/Yellow/Green colors as I would have loved to see the Hornets lose the Carolina blue for green. Now it would just look like they were copying the Jazz. Great look though.

1- Jazz went to navy not purple

2- this will be the 3rd year the Hornets have had this identity

1. Still probably too close to the Jazz colors as a whole

2. Great look but the Carolina blue just reminds me that they were a Carolina team. Not a big deal but all things being the same, I'd rather they get a more New Orleans pallet. Just my personal preference.

2. Great look but the Carolina blue just reminds me that they were a Carolina team. Not a big deal but all things being the same, I'd rather they get a more New Orleans pallet. Just my personal preference.

You might be right (concerning #1), but I'm going to compare them anyway:

NewOrleansHornets_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

UtahJazz_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

I don't know...are they THAT close?

I think they are close relatively speaking in the NBA. In other words I would say that the Hornets most resemble the Jazz more than any other team and the Jazz most resemble the Hornets more than any other team. But I would never say say that they are close enough to be confused with each other or look like copycats or anything like that.

As a sidenote, I think everything about the 2008 Hornets identity change was a downgrade. Color scheme, primary logo, wordmarks, uniforms, everything.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

You might be right (concerning #1), but I'm going to compare them anyway:

UtahJazz_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

I don't know...are they THAT close?

Interesting how they call their blue Creole now. Makes sense but looks very close to Carolina blue to me. Love the psychology of naming colors. Over here in Seattle people would resist using something called Grey Blue but would jump at using the same color if it's called Sound Blue (for the Puget Sound). All in the mind.

By DOUG FERGUSON

PHOTO GALLERY

AP Photo

DALLAS, Texas (AP)

Do you have a link to this?

I think they are close relatively speaking in the NBA. In other words I would say that the Hornets most resemble the Jazz more than any other team and the Jazz most resemble the Hornets more than any other team. But I would never say say that they are close enough to be confused with each other or look like copycats or anything like that.

As a sidenote, I think everything about the 2008 Hornets identity change was a downgrade. Color scheme, primary logo, wordmarks, uniforms, everything.

I think the Nuggets and Hornets are whole lot closer to the same color scheme:

DenverNuggets_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Archived