The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

As I said before, it was pretty hard, but Adidas found a way to make the Suns' jerseys worse.

Disagree. I don't like the entire look of the set at all, but just about every change there seems like an upgrade. The numbers are more legible, the wordmark isn't as obscenely big, and I'm not huge on that collar, but still feel it's better than the prior.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said before, it was pretty hard, but Adidas found a way to make the Suns' jerseys worse.

Disagree. I don't like the entire look of the set at all, but just about every change there seems like an upgrade. The numbers are more legible, the wordmark isn't as obscenely big, and I'm not huge on that collar, but still feel it's better than the prior.

Yes! Perfect analysis of the Suns.

ujsignature.png

I agree. I think the Suns update is for the better. The main thing I saw was the collar. It jut didn't work before. Now it fits the uniform better, and makes for a cleaner look.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Downgrade for the Suns, they really just need to get rid of the gray, it's terrible. White outline looks terrible, especially because it makes the circle around the numbers stop, the bigger wordmarks were better, the trim looks like it belongs on a 45 dollar replica jersy.

Side note anybody remember when the replicas looked good in the late 90s when champion had the lisense? Now they make the shoulders too wide and the collars wrong just to force people to pony up more for a swingman. Screw the NBA.

Perhaps it is somewhere within these 87 pages, but what is the patch on the Bulls jersey?

bulls-rose-cbs-pv.jpg

rose-cbs-pv.jpg

Also, I like that the shiny look is gone in some cases (Bulls), but I actually liked it in some places (Nuggets, since they were one of the originators, I believe). I think some teams needed to adjust their colors to account for the loss of that shininess (and not in the Bobcats pinstripes way). The Nuggets' light blue looks really pale now, which I think adds to the prominent look of the navy on the wordmark.

Has anyone else seen 76ers red collar on white jerseys?

Epic Fail.

I cant post the images but here's the link

http://www.gettyimag...v1_APWTDngtBQAA

Pretty much everything about their current set is fail. I'm not sure how they thought that this was the best way to go to a more traditional look. It's borderline embarassing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Perhaps it is somewhere within these 87 pages, but what is the patch on the Bulls jersey?

bulls-rose-cbs-pv.jpg

rose-cbs-pv.jpg

Also, I like that the shiny look is gone in some cases (Bulls), but I actually liked it in some places (Nuggets, since they were one of the originators, I believe). I think some teams needed to adjust their colors to account for the loss of that shininess (and not in the Bobcats pinstripes way). The Nuggets' light blue looks really pale now, which I think adds to the prominent look of the navy on the wordmark.

The Bulls are finally going to look good again, now that they got rid of that shiny crap.

I definitely liked the old Bobcats collar better. It matched the side striping beautifully.

As for the Suns, the collar is better, IMO, just because the piping matches the side piping, which really sets it off. Also, is it me, or is the purple much brighter looking (improvement, if it is.)

And the 76ers just made their bad look worse with that red collar, at least switch the red and blue on the collar, it would all jell much better.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

bulls-rose-cbs-pv.jpg

I would guess it's commemorating the 20th (XX) anniversary of their first ever NBA championship, in the 1990-91 season. Just a guess, though, I'm no Bulls fan.

Yeah seeing that I can't think of anything else it can be....

Adidas collar design looks the best here

neworleans_hornets550.jpg

Is it just me, or do the Hornets still have the shimmery material on the side panels? I thought that all the teams were getting rid of it. Or maybe that was just some teams that were doing that? Or maybe this was an "intermediate" set that some teams have had (like the Knicks with their number outlines)? This has been one of the most confusing off-seasons in terms of NBA jerseys for me, it's hard for me to trust a lot of the pictures I see because it seems like the teams are tweaking their jerseys every few weeks.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived