2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else think that Lebron is just teasing the Cavs and that he is about to deliver a giant :censored: you and a wow do you look stupid to Dan Gilbert?

I've been saying this for months.

I still feel like he's ending up in Miami, regardless of whats being "speculated."

Months ago, Miami looked like the sure choice. Things changed. The Finals was an embarrassment, Wade looked done as a great player in that series, and no significant upgrades have occurred.

Two things give me hope: 1) the Heat still seem better able to win now. The Cavs are better set up for the longer run, but LeBron doesn't have many years left of being the best player in the league. 2) Dan Gilbert still owns the Cavs. Maybe the best thing Riley can do in this meeting is read the letter out loud.

Smart Cavs fans are bracing for disappointment. I guess Cleveland fandom makes them well prepared for that. I've always thought LeBron would go back, but I thought it'd be closer to retirement. They're in a better position than I ever expected them to be. All the "coming home" sentimental stuff is laughable. He's choosing the best place for him to win, not following some narrative about redemption.

You think with the roster as it stands, Cleveland would even be an option if it wasn't at least a little bit about him going home? It's a roster that, with Lebron, can win a weak East, but damn near any roster with Lebron could win the weak East and the rest of them aren't Cleveland.

I think he was always going to try to go back to Cleveland. Maybe it's a little more about what people say than what the team can win than I think. Right now, going to the Cavs is this story that everyone seems to love. In a couple years, it could be the case that the Heat have won nothing more and Irving and Wiggins are a superstar duo. At that point, going there is ring chasing.

It's about more than winning the East for James. He's criticized more for his Finals losses than his early-round exits.

If LeBron does indeed leave can't wait to see the 12 fans that will be at Heat games this coming season. All front runners go home.

Know who didn't show up when LeBron left? Cavs fans. It's a load of bullshxt that Cavs fans are these die hard lovers of basketball that are deserving of a great team. Heat averaged 17,000 before LeBron came and 19,000 during a 15-67 season. I daresay they'll be fine.

PJU85JF.png

If LeBron does indeed leave can't wait to see the 12 fans that will be at Heat games this coming season. All front runners go home.

Know who didn't show up when LeBron left? Cavs fans. It's a load of bullshxt that Cavs fans are these die hard lovers of basketball that are deserving of a great team. Heat averaged 17,000 before LeBron came and 19,000 during a 15-67 season. I daresay they'll be fine.
That 17,000 was probably the residual left overs from the Shaq-Wade era.

Anyone else think that Lebron is just teasing the Cavs and that he is about to deliver a giant :censored: you and a wow do you look stupid to Dan Gilbert?

I've been saying this for months.

I still feel like he's ending up in Miami, regardless of whats being "speculated."

Months ago, Miami looked like the sure choice. Things changed. The Finals was an embarrassment, Wade looked done as a great player in that series, and no significant upgrades have occurred.

Two things give me hope: 1) the Heat still seem better able to win now. The Cavs are better set up for the longer run, but LeBron doesn't have many years left of being the best player in the league. 2) Dan Gilbert still owns the Cavs. Maybe the best thing Riley can do in this meeting is read the letter out loud.

Smart Cavs fans are bracing for disappointment. I guess Cleveland fandom makes them well prepared for that. I've always thought LeBron would go back, but I thought it'd be closer to retirement. They're in a better position than I ever expected them to be. All the "coming home" sentimental stuff is laughable. He's choosing the best place for him to win, not following some narrative about redemption.

You think with the roster as it stands, Cleveland would even be an option if it wasn't at least a little bit about him going home? It's a roster that, with Lebron, can win a weak East, but damn near any roster with Lebron could win the weak East and the rest of them aren't Cleveland.

I think he was always going to try to go back to Cleveland. Maybe it's a little more about what people say than what the team can win than I think. Right now, going to the Cavs is this story that everyone seems to love. In a couple years, it could be the case that the Heat have won nothing more and Irving and Wiggins are a superstar duo. At that point, going there is ring chasing.

It's about more than winning the East for James. He's criticized more for his Finals losses than his early-round exits.

According to ESPN, the Cavaliers were third in attendance with 20,000 a game the year after Lebron left. They won 19 games. I don't blame them for not showing up since then (and even then, they've been around north of 16,000 a game)

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm kind of surprised at the anger toward Cleveland and LeBron here. I figured most people would be cool with him returning.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Ateles is a poster to watch

That has become a death sentence around here.

Here's my position on the fan aspect. Local Heat fans, fine, that's your city and team, so support them anyway you can. When you start to get into where I live, and see everyone and their momma drop what ever team they had and flock to the Heat, and scream #HEATNATION after they beat the Bucks in January, it gets annoying. I just hope whatever happens, those people stay Heat fans, rain or shine.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Ateles is a poster to watch

That has become a death sentence around here.

Here's my position on the fan aspect. Local Heat fans, fine, that's your city and team, so support them anyway you can. When you start to get into where I live, and see everyone and their momma drop what ever team they had and flock to the Heat, and scream #HEATNATION after they beat the Bucks in January, it gets annoying. I just hope whatever happens, those people stay Heat fans, rain or shine.

Them just jump on whatever team he goes to.

That's an accurate assessment and a reasonable reaction. #HEATNATION will say that they were just LeBron fans anyway and follow him out the door. Seems like a strange way to follow a team sport, but god bless 'em. I've never fully understood the vitriol against the bandwagon that the Heat attracted. That happens for every great team in every sport, and it was not a phenomenon that began in July 2010.

PJU85JF.png

Not sure if it's relevant, but Carmelo stays put in New York.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That's an accurate assessment and a reasonable reaction. #HEATNATION will say that they were just LeBron fans anyway and follow him out the door. Seems like a strange way to follow a team sport, but god bless 'em. I've never fully understood the vitriol against the bandwagon that the Heat attracted. That happens for every great team in every sport, and it was not a phenomenon that began in July 2010.

I've never understood the point in just following the team of the best player.

It's the dance group that were Bulls fans in the 90s, Lakers in the 00s.

What's the fun in always jumping on the bandwagon of the best team & acting like you're this great fan & trash talking? Seems stupid to me.

That's fair. One thing to acknowledge was that the Heat were kinda the first "social team", as in the first team to assemble in fully internet social society. Anybody can now announce their fandom to an evergrowing number of people at once, something that would be more difficult back in the '70s and '80s with the Lakers and Celtics.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

850AM in Cleveland is saying that LeBron's decision (shudder) will come from his official website, could be as soon as 7pm ET.

twitter

850AM in Cleveland is saying that LeBron's decision (shudder) will come from his official website, could be as soon as 7pm ET.

At least it isn't a blown-out ESPN special, unless ESPN is making a mad scramble for ratings and attention. #TheWorldwideLeader

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

At 7pm central time, the announcement will officially be made. Brace your anuses.

Things are leaking badly. LeBron has unofficially officially returned to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status/487014354756599809

https://twitter.com/BrettNBA/status/487014642267725824

twitter

Brace your anuses.

Things are leaking badly.

Apparently I didn't eat what YOU ate.

Pepperoni_Pizza_Rolls.jpeg

twitter

Archived