2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

This is a typical grass-is-greener situation. Cleveland's roster is full of kids, and Kyrie Irving is a selfish player who doesn't guard anyone, although he is better than any teammate LeBorn had during his first stint. Plus, Dan Gilbert is a :censored:brick. Miami meanwhile is a well established destination city, you went to the finals practically uncontested 4 years in a row, and they have Pat Riley and Mickey Arison calling the shots. If LeBron feels guilty about 2010 and wants to right some wrongs or something, then fine, but going to Cleveland to ring chase is just foolish.

LeBron plus Wiggins would be an interesting team-up though and set the stage for all sorts of weird narratives.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You got 4 trips to the finals and 2 titles in the Big 3 era. I'm curious how Miami reacts to their seemingly unconquerable trinity crumbling at their feet. It probably goes without saying that pity from the rest of the league will be sparse.

Lol, what exactly was Miami supposed to say when the chance to put a 3-star team on the floor was dropped on their doorstep? "Sorry, but we'd rather keep grinding out 44 win seasons with Dwyane, Beasley, Udonis, and Jermaine O'Neal"?

Not what I said. I'm just saying a lot of people are waiting for Cleveland's potential reaction to LeBron returning, but I'm more interested in if the piles of people that hopped on Planet Heat while the going was good all of a sudden jump ship once the First Train to Suck Town leaves toward Miami. It's like the faux-soccer fan argument, only fewer people hate me.

Sounds like you've got a good idea of what will happen. People in Miami will stop caring about the Heat. Maybe, like USMNT/World Cup, some learned to love the sport of basketball due to the constant coverage of the team and there are more fans than before. There won't be any jersey burning or crying. I maintain that Miami has a healthier attitude about sports than many other markets, but it's called bandwagoning anywhere else.

It was really cool to get to see what will probably go down as the franchise's "golden age."

PJU85JF.png

If he goes back to Cleveland no way it won't be the end of the Cleveland Curse soon.

Wanna bet?

Maybe. It depends on well, if he goes back.

But why not make a statement like that? He's turning only 30 later this year, has a young, star PG in Kyrie Irving, and 1st round draft picks in Wiggins and Bennett. All they need is a center and they're a completed team.

Devil's advocate: they're already talking about trading Wiggins for Kevin Love (a trade that would bite them in the ass, IMO), Bennett is looking like one of the biggest busts in history, and Kyrie is statistically closer to Isaiah Thomas than to the superstar point guards he's compared to.

Bennett was only a rookie last year, so I wouldn't write him off quite yet.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

In a bad eastern conference, one of the best guards should at least be able to guide his team to the playoffs. Kyrie Irving had that cool commercial a while back, but I'm not a believer.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If he goes back to Cleveland no way it won't be the end of the Cleveland Curse soon.

Wanna bet?

But why not make a statement like that? He's turning only 30 later this year, has a young, star PG in Kyrie Irving, and 1st round draft picks in Wiggins and Bennett. All they need is a center and they're a completed team.

You're not very familiar with Cleveland's sports history, are you?

We're living in a world where the Seattle Seahawks won a Super Bowl, the Blackhawks and Kings are considered the two dominant teams of the NHL, and a non-SEC school won a national championship in football. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE in the SPORTS WORLD OF 2014!!

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Wanna bet?

Devil's advocate: they're already talking about trading Wiggins for Kevin Love (a trade that would bite them in the ass, IMO), Bennett is looking like one of the biggest busts in history, and Kyrie is statistically closer to Isaiah Thomas than to the superstar point guards he's compared to.

You don't think Isiah Thomas was a "superstar?" I'd say he was one of the top ten players in the NBA during the 80's. I'd take Thomas over just about any PG playing now or then. He was way better than Kyrie Irving. It ain't even close.

Thomas' reputation really hurts his legacy.

BB52Big.jpg

Why is everyone suddenly acting like LeBron to Cleveland is a done deal because of Chris Broussard's gut feeling and Gilbert making a personal pitch to LeBron?

He's still headed back to the Heat. It was Gilbert's plane that flew down, but he was not present. Only a few Cavs FA members and Big Z.

Nobody outside of Broussard and Cleveland "media" and saying anything about Lebron to the Cavs.

The city is just setting itself up for another letdown, and Lebron is using it as leverage. He will meet with pat Riley this week.

Why is everyone suddenly acting like LeBron to Cleveland is a done deal because of Chris Broussard's gut feeling and Gilbert making a personal pitch to LeBron?

Because this makes the next Cleveland meltdown more entertaining. You'd be surprised what you could put Comic Sans on.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He's still headed back to the Heat. It was Gilbert's plane that flew down, but he was not present. Only a few Cavs FA members and Big Z.

Nobody outside of Broussard and Cleveland "media" and saying anything about Lebron to the Cavs.

The city is just setting itself up for another letdown, and Lebron is using it as leverage. He will meet with pat Riley this week.

Bolded. This what I'm seeing and all of my Cleveland friends are falling for it again. He's just going to burn (pun intended) you a second time. Don't get suckered in, Cleveland. Your team is getting better, you'll be fine without him.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Wanna bet?

Kyrie Irving isn't even a top 10 PG. How the hell is he a star?

For anyone missing out on this morning's action, ESPN is already making it sound as if LeBron to Cleveland is a done deal. This, all based on a dream Chris "The Genius" Broussard had overnight.

SMGDH.

6uXNWAo.png

I don't think school presidents are writing "We hate you now!" letters in Comic Sans or people are burning jerseys in effigy for a kid choosing a conference rival instead of the state school.

Ohio State loses Ohio kids to Michigan and vice-versa. Happens every year. The hat fakes don't quite compare to a paid professional making a free agency decision on national television.

I'm not a huge fan of Signing Day, myself. But the made-for-TV drama is pretty harmless. Schools don't get butt-hurt for not getting a recruit. Most of the time, the schools already know who's going where before the kid makes his choice public. And yeah, these kids hadn't accomplished anything yet, but for 98% of them, college football is the highest level they'll get to....I'm in favor of them getting to celebrate this moment.

I am no fan of the buffoonery of National Signing Day, but I pretty much agree. Illinois fans were pissed off this year because a top 5 national talent grabbed an Illini hat before putting on a Kansas hat. People were pissed, but they got over it and, because the kid didn't choose a conference rival, it will be forgotten. However, he was just a douchey attention-seeking 18 year-old, and his primary adviser was a father who was just released from prison a few weeks earlier. LeBron was a billion dollar international brand, with many highly-paid advisers, when he made The Decision. There's no comparison between that and an 18 year-old acting like an ass in what will likely be his one moment in the sun.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

For anyone missing out on this morning's action, ESPN is already making it sound as if LeBron to Cleveland is a done deal. This, all based on a dream Chris "The Genius" Broussard had overnight.

Burke_zps17db61bb.jpg

"You stole my source! Get me a barn!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

SMGDH.

ESPN is really embracing the "24-hour Cable News Network" mentality ever more than before, aren't they? It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they manage to alter the outcome of LeBron's decision, because they seem to be trying their damndest to do so. #TheWorldwideLeader

Archived