2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

Wait the Heat are loading up on superstars. Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger!

If Pat Riley throwing a few title rings dating back to the Reagan Administration on the table doesn't convince LeBron, this will! :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2q18o76.jpg

Cleveland fans deserve something as magical as A superstar like Lebron returning to his hometown. They've been through a lot, and I'm rooting for his return. Any other choice (especially LA or Miami) would leave me continuing to despise the man.

Despise is strong word.

So if he comes back you will go from despising the man to being a fan again. How does that work?

It works because SPORTS!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2q18o76.jpg

Cleveland fans deserve something as magical as A superstar like Lebron returning to his hometown. They've been through a lot, and I'm rooting for his return. Any other choice (especially LA or Miami) would leave me continuing to despise the man.

Despise is strong word.

So if he comes back you will go from despising the man to being a fan again. How does that work?

It works because SPORTS!

That's about as well as I can describe it. I liked Lebron when he played on the Cavs. Seeing what he did to the city of Cleveland was amazing. And of course, watching the aftermath of what he did when he left Cleveland. So watching a return would make me a fan of his again.

On 7/8/2014 at 8:53 AM, BringBackTheVet said:
On 7/8/2014 at 0:26 AM, Lee Noire said:
On 7/7/2014 at 6:48 PM, Soarindude said:

Despise is strong word.

It works because SPORTS!

Yeah, we cheer for laundry. LBJ wore the Cavs laundry and then he made the move to cause that laundry to become less successful, drawing Cleveland's ire. Now if he puts some star-quality back into that laundry, he can be like again.

Speaking of laundry, if he goes to Cleveland I hope they keep this uniform set and have success in it so it stays forever...I love this set!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

LeBron would have a lot of egg on his face if he went back to Cleveland after ditching them 4 years ago because the Cavs were incompetent and useless. Those people made a show out of burning his jersey in the streets, that owner made an utter ass of himself when he wrote that comic sans letter, and that :censored:head owner is still there oh by the way. How bad could things in Miami be that LeBron would actually consider going back to play for that clown who called him "self-proclaimed former king" and god knows what else? And what exactly is the allure of a team that only won 33 games in the JV conference? Their roster is full of kids. They're not ready for a finals run even with LeBron.

Also, Cleveland fans don't deserve dick. No fanbase "deserves" anything. Professional athletes play sports for your enjoyment and give you things to bitch about at the water cooler. What else do you want?

LeBron would have a lot of egg on his face if he went back to Cleveland after ditching them 4 years ago because the Cavs were incompetent and useless. Those people made a show out of burning his jersey in the streets, that owner made an utter ass of himself when he wrote that comic sans letter, and that :censored:head owner is still there oh by the way. How bad could things in Miami be that LeBron would actually consider going back to play for that clown who called him "self-proclaimed former king" and god knows what else? And what exactly is the allure of a team that only won 33 games in the JV conference? Their roster is full of kids. They're not ready for a finals run even with LeBron.

Also, Cleveland fans don't deserve dick. No fanbase "deserves" anything. Professional athletes play sports for your enjoyment and give you things to bitch about at the water cooler. What else do you want?

They made finals runs with less around Lebron in the past. The East is still weak... they could easily make a finals run with Lebron. Who would stop him? Miami without him and probably Bosh? The dumpster fire in Indiana?

I think Lebron going back to Cleveland would make for a nice story, actually -- particularly if he gets a ring there. Kind of like Batman Begins. Goes away for a while, comes back as a hero.

IUe6Hvh.png

Actually, yeah. Indiana will be one year older and wiser. Last season made it clear that they have some issues to address, like the cancer that is Lance Stephenson. If Miami breaks up, they have to be the favorite in the east.

Cavs deal Jack to Nets and Zeller to Boston. There's now enough cap room for a max deal.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The reactions in Cleveland would be interesting. I mean how do you cheer a guy after you burnt him in effigy?

I'm rooting for him to go back just to see them go crazy again.

His agent now says it's between the Heat and Cavs.

After failing on his talk about winning rings every year...I bet he's done with the Miami experiment. It was an impressive run but it's over, or at least on the downside with Wade's age and health.

"We didn't come here to win one championship, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven..."

Well...actually you could have stopped at just two.

87Redskins.png

Broussard says Cavs are trying to pick up Ray Allen.

Edit: Dammit, he also says on ESPN they're trying to pick up Chris Anderson, too.

They're basically signing everyone else but Wade and Bosh.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Everyone else is way less important than those two. Wiggins, Varejo and Irving don't make up the difference.

It'd sure be something to see him back in Cleveland though.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

twitter

Cleveland never learns. The Cavs are unloading their entire roster so they can clear cap space for James, but what if James breaks their hearts again and doesn't sign in Cleveland? What are they left with? It seems extremely ironic to me that the Cavaliers are going all or nothing for LeBron, the man who is famous for his first "Decision", after the entire city hated him after he shat on Cleveland four years ago. Who's to say that his second "decision" won't devastate Cleveland even more so than the first time?

25yzwqg.png

Three team deal sends Zeller, Thornton to Boston.

Cleveland has room now for a max contract. Cleveland letdown level now at maximum strength.

Also, according to ESPN, the Cavs send a first round draft pick in that deal. It's protected, but still, this deal looks terrible if they don't get James.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

ESPN saying it's official: Carmelo is going to wait on LeBron before signing anywhere. Duh.

twitter

ESPN saying it's official: Carmelo is going to wait on LeBron before signing anywhere. Duh.

And that doesn't really make sense because none of the teams pursuing James are in the Carmelo sweepstakes. I think it's just that Carmelo knows the news of his signing will be overshadowed by everyone waiting to hear where Lebron goes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived