UFL

landmasta

I love the Locos. No clue why but I think it's just awesome. Tuskers would look better in blue since the Nighthawks are black. Only one I'm not feeling is Hartford and that is because of the number font. I think it would look better if it was a bit thinner.

I don't mind Hartford's number font. What bothers me is the odd placement of the sleeve stripe. It looks like it's not sure whether it wants to be a sleeve stripe or a shoulder stripe.

I think Sacramento's my favorite of the bunch, but it seems as if it could add another color into the mix without being over done. A red accent or something to that effect would have been a nice touch.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hartford%20uni%20article.jpg

Do the Colonials really have no TV numbers? Or is this jersey only a replica?

Seems that is only a replica. Here is a pic from the Hartford Courant...

55229359.jpg

Looks to me as if the sleeve stripes on the actual player jerseys are broader then those on the replicas.

Also the pant stripes are much broader than in the PDF. I like those. Not really a fan of the western number font. What is it? Oklahoma?

I have some minor issues with the uniforms here (and on ufl-football.com) but overall I think you have to agree these are lightyears ahead of last year. I don't think we can call them "arena" or "xfl" uniforms. These look good. Definite B+ to A- range.

That said:

OMAHA: Needs some type of striping on the pants, and should have used their slate color (official colors are black, slate and silver) somewhere.

SACRAMENTO: Should have used their dark gold for the jerseys instead of the lighter gold. They now have dark gold helmets and no other use of dark gold except as minor piping. Odd for a team to have 2 tones of gold, but had they been consistent in which one was dominant, it would be better. (But the design is solid.)

LAS VEGAS: Change the numbers on the red jersey to white piped in black and I would buy this in an instant.

Also not a big fan of using the helmet stripe on the pants. It looks odd that large.

COLONIALS: Not a fan of the number font, but a lot of people like it, so overall a very solid, conservative design.

FLORIDA: I, like many, wish they had kept the Tusker Blue jerseys instead of black. And the design is a little

too similar to the Carolina Panthers.

LEAGUE AS A WHOLE: My one big gripe is that you have 5 teams and 4 of them use black as the dominant or a major second color. They easily could have minimized the use of black in Las Vegas, used it much less in Florida and not had 2 teams with black on black unitards. Silver or slate pants for Omaha, white ones for Florida.

So, with 3 expansion teams next year, I would recommend:

Norfolk: Use Orange (UVa and VaTech) and either Navy, Teal, Green, Royal or Purple (Clemson) colors.

Portland: (Widely expected team #7) use Green and Yellow, like the soccer team.

Salt Lake (Possible team): Purple and gold/yellow/silver/copper, something.

Raleigh (Possible team): Carolina Blue, Navy & Red (UNC, Duke, NCState)

Louisville (Possible team): Red, Denim Blue & Silver (UK, L'Ville)

Just avoid black.

Does anybody know where i can find the "wordmarks" for Ohmaha Nighthawks and Sacramento Mountain lions? I seen the PDF versions but there not vectors? Thanks in advance...

You should be able to open or import a .pdf file into any vector program...

Does anybody know where i can find the "wordmarks" for Ohmaha Nighthawks and Sacramento Mountain lions? I seen the PDF versions but there not vectors? Thanks in advance...

You should be able to open or import a .pdf file into any vector program...

Have the Sac Lions but wrong word mark and the Omaha isn't on the PDF, just on the uni pdf and it's not a vector and very pixelated too..

I love the Locos. No clue why but I think it's just awesome. Tuskers would look better in blue since the Nighthawks are black. Only one I'm not feeling is Hartford and that is because of the number font. I think it would look better if it was a bit thinner.

I don't mind Hartford's number font. What bothers me is the odd placement of the sleeve stripe. It looks like it's not sure whether it wants to be a sleeve stripe or a shoulder stripe.

I think Sacramento's my favorite of the bunch, but it seems as if it could add another color into the mix without being over done. A red accent or something to that effect would have been a nice touch.

The font is a nice classic look, but it just looks too bold to me.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

The font is a nice classic look, but it just looks too bold to me.

I agree. It's just a small bit too thick. I actually think i like Las Vegas' look the best the more I look at it. The wordmark that was added to the logo makes a nice look on their jerseys. Nighthawks should take the Locos practice pants and call it good. Not a good monochrome here because the pants don't add to a very nice simple jersey. I wish they'd done a different number font and because of the wordmark could have gotten away with a silver slate number like the Nationals. Overall an improvement and NOT as templated as I orignally thought they were. Nice job UFL.

Except if the jet is flying in on a bombing or strafing run, swooping in for the kill, then flying downwards works.

Except if you do that with an F-117 you're going to plow into the ground.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 3 months later...

I caught a bit of the Sacramento game on Saturday night, and instead of using the "S-lion" and reversed "S-Lion" on the helmets, they are now using their jersey numbers instead.

I'm indifferent on it. Kinda looks like crap, but not as crappy as the reverse S-lion did.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived