New York _ets

DrJack

Not really a concept, just a quick photoshop I did. The NJ Nets are moving to Brooklyn and contemplating a name change. I think that would be most unfortunate because I love that they would now have three _ets in NY. Anyway, I think these are kinda fun:

f60f1907.png

1c0d220c-1.png

^Relax, dude. When they say "name change" it just means they won't be called the "New Jersey" Nets anymore. They're just mulling over whether to be the Brooklyn Nets or the New York Nets. (I say they should go with the latter, because the other team isn't called the "Manhattan Knicks")

bYhYmxh.png

What's with the notch in the "t" of the "Mets" logo? Guess it was, as you said, quick work. (And the TM)

But great job with them. Whatever they decide, whether new name or keeping it Nets (I've read a writer jokingly suggest they should be the "Nyets"), they definitely need to alter their colors. At least get rid of that awful gray. But if they go back tot he late 70s colors then they're just "copying" Atlanta.

Will be interesting, but Nets is still a great name. If they stay with "Nets" then NY Nets is what it should be. If something new, make it something unique and appealing to Brooklyn, since 99% of the country has no clue about New York outside of Manhattan.

Whatever they are, they will be the Brooklyn _______s not new York _______s. Brooklyn is strong enough and populous enough to be its own city (in fact it would be one of the 5 largest in America even without Manhattan and the other Boroughs. That will be their identity, not New York.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Fun fact. Not only do they have the Jets, Mets, and Nets, but the 1970s Team Tennis team was called the "Sets".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_TeamTennis

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Hasn't the name "Brooklyn Knights" been tossed around? Or is that just a joke?

As well as "Brooklyn Ballers" and a potential color change to black, yellow, and grey or white

Horrible suggestion. Lets name some other teams using rappers' slang words too...

Charlotte Dawgs

Seattle Ho's

Utah B@#%#es

87Redskins.png

As well as "Brooklyn Ballers" and a potential color change to black, yellow, and grey or white

Horrible suggestion. Lets name some other teams using rappers' slang words too...

Charlotte Dawgs

Seattle Ho's

Utah B@#%#es

Ballers is a term that is more then fine for a team. It's a term with acceptance. I think the assumption you've made towards 'rap' music was pretty stereotypical. You spelled hoe wrong, G.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Charlotte Dawgs

Seattle Ho's

Utah B@#%#es

Ballers is a term that is more then fine for a team. It's a term with acceptance. I think the assumption you've made towards 'rap' music was pretty stereotypical. You spelled hoe wrong, G.

Please give me your e-mail address so I can send you your WIN.

I gotta say, that Mets/Nets logo combined with the Dr. J-era Nets uniforms would just be awesome. Those uniforms have always been one of my favorites of all-time in sports.

Charlotte Dawgs

Seattle Ho's

Utah B@#%#es

You realize you're probably talking to someone who heard a couple Snoop songs in 1993 and hasn't listened to hip hop since, right? :D

Charlotte Dawgs

Seattle Ho's

Utah B@#%#es

Racial/cultural stereotypes is kind of Buster's thing.

Archived