2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK Ohio State bashers let me do this for you. Miami beat themselves. Take away the turnovers and it's a different game. Ohio State got lucky... Did I forget anything? :D

Seriously though, I really don't know what to make of this game. I'm glad Ohio State won but it's still hard to get a read on either team after this.

BB52Big.jpg

OK Ohio State bashers let me do this for you. Miami beat themselves. Take away the turnovers and it's a different game. Ohio State got lucky... Did I forget anything? :D

Seriously though, I really don't know what to make of this game. I'm glad Ohio State won but it's still hard to get a read on either team after this.

Now what kind of idiot posts something like this? If you were a true Buckeyes fan, you'd be bemoaning how poorly your team played!

LvZYtbZ.png

I'm seriously debating hopping on the Michigan bandwagon soley because of Denard Robinson. It's an absolute pleasure to watch him play.

I'm not exactly on the bandwagon but I agree that Robinson is fun to watch. Michigan may surprise some people this season.

Now what kind of idiot posts something like this? If you were a true Buckeyes fan, you'd be bemoaning how poorly your team played!

You know what will? I was thinking about ignoring this but changed my mind. Instead? Go :censored: yourself. The only idiot in this thread is you. Kiss my scarlet and gray ass you moron. Do you have any idea how tired your act is?

BB52Big.jpg

Yes, but we all know that you'd love to see a matchup like the 10-2 Buckeyes in the national title game over the 12-0 Irish (playing in the Gator Bowl - sorry Notre Dame, you don't even schedule as well as Big Ten teams - you play nothing but creampuffs!) Although that shouldn't be shocking, that's the opinion of the majority here.

LvZYtbZ.png

Yes, but we all know that you'd love to see a matchup like the 10-2 Buckeyes in the national title game over the 12-0 Irish (playing in the Gator Bowl - sorry Notre Dame, you don't even schedule as well as Big Ten teams - you play nothing but creampuffs!) Although that shouldn't be shocking, that's the opinion of the majority here.

Yeah Will, that's exactly what I want. You're also right about the majority of the people here wanting it too. You just have to give us time to catch up to your genius. It must be lonely being a college football genius. Anyway, I'd love to keep talking but my clock it's almost 8pm and I'd hate to keep you from making "pudding time" at the institution.

BB52Big.jpg

Let it be known that the coaches' poll reeks of bias against the SEC. The SEC deserves more than the puny amount of teams they have in the current poll - the minimum should be twelve. Ask any fan of any SEC team - they will tell you the same thing. SEC teams are tested from Week 1 of the season all the way to the end, no other conference can say that.

I should know better than to respond to blatant trollbait, but you're right will, Jacksonville State is quite the test.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm seriously debating hopping on the Michigan bandwagon soley because of Denard Robinson. It's an absolute pleasure to watch him play.

And the fact that Minnesota lost should just drop football already or commit mass seppuku or something. :P

Fixed

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Let it be known that the coaches' poll reeks of bias against the SEC. The SEC deserves more than the puny amount of teams they have in the current poll - the minimum should be twelve. Ask any fan of any SEC team - they will tell you the same thing. SEC teams are tested from Week 1 of the season all the way to the end, no other conference can say that.

I should know better than to respond to blatant trollbait, but you're right will, Jacksonville State is quite the test.

Will is like watching a disgusting video, you don't want to do it, you know you shouldn't do it, but you just can't help yourself. Luckily for Will, being astonishingly stupid isn't grounds for being banned around here.

BB52Big.jpg

Denard Robinson impressed, Dayne Crist did not impress at all. How do you put that last throw into the stands?

He thought the echoes were sleeping there.

Today, we are all otaku.

Huge Miami fan here, while my father went to OSU. This game should've happened a lot sooner then it did (though thankfully it didn't with those craptastic Canes teams as of late.) Great atmosphere all game, which is to be expected at The Horseshoe.

Pryor did not impress, he looked god awful at the beginning of the game. Not to say Jacory looked any better, yikes did he suck. Only if Miami could've got their heads out of their asses this game could have been better, and more interesting. Take away those special teams points and it's not even close.

Ohio States defense looked fantastic, unfortunately their offense (sans a few plays) and their special teams was dreadful. Can they win the Big 11? Absolutely, but only if Pryor steps his game up.

Miami is getting better, that's for sure, but they're not quite there yet. Harris needs more seasoning and their wide receivers need to get some hands, but Shannon has this team going in the right direction.

Denard Robinson has quickly become one of my favorite players ever in any sport. He seems really humble, tries to avoid all the attention, and has just completely carried this team in the two games he has started. He accounted for 502 yards (258 rushing/244 passing) and 3 TDs today. He seems to be as good of a person as he is a football player, and I look forward to being able to watch him for three seasons.

Oh, also, he can punt. He punted once today, and it was downed at the four. I think he could punt the ball, then run down the field and down it himself.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Denard Robinson has quickly become one of my favorite players ever in any sport. He seems really humble, tries to avoid all the attention, and has just completely carried this team in the two games he has started. He accounted for 502 yards (258 rushing/244 passing) and 3 TDs today. He seems to be as good of a person as he is a football player, and I look forward to being able to watch him for three seasons.

Oh, also, he can punt. He punted once today, and it was downed at the four. I think he could punt the ball, then run down the field and down it himself.

After seeing his performance so far it's kind of hard to believe there was actually a competition for the starting QB job at Michigan. So are we ready to put him at the top of the Heisman race? I think I am.

BB52Big.jpg

After seeing his performance so far it's kind of hard to believe there was actually a competition for the starting QB job at Michigan. So are we ready to put him at the top of the Heisman race? I think I am.

Let's see what he does against real competition first.

LvZYtbZ.png

Let's see what he does against real competition first.

Kind of like any of us responding to one of your posts? Face it will, you're a D-III school trying to play against D-I competition. Maybe you should just find a college football forum that's more your speed. Like this one.

BB52Big.jpg

So far I don't think you can argue anyone else. And I'm trying to stay as unbiased as possible when I say that.

I'm trying to not get too excited after these 2 weeks. I'll admit I was very high on Forcier after the first 2 weeks last year and was burned after that. I'm definetly enjoying what I'm seeing from Denard, but I can't help but think he'll come back down to earth once Michigan enters Big Ten play, and we'll see the same Michigan that we've seen the past couple years.

I was hoping that Michigan would be 1-1 after these first 2 games, and now that they've gotten through the toughest non-conference games, I'm confident that they could enter the Big Ten schedule at 4-0. If that happens, I'd expect a bowl appearance for the Wolverines with a record of about 8-4 or 7-5. I'd be very happy with that.

But let's wait and see first.

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived