Zephyr Survey Results

paynomind

Pretty interesting...

Web surveys, consumer interraction, as well as research has revealed some interesting thing about what die hard hat attics are like. Here are some results:

The best style of hat is fitted at 80%, 9 % like adjustable, and 9.5 % like whatever fits best on that day.

Of the fitted buyers 74% want true pro fitted hats. (sizes 6 3/4 to 7 3/4), the remaining 26% liked the new zfit or stretch fitted hats. (usually 1 or 2 sizes only)

Of hats that arent in the 'baseball' silhouette the favorite is beanies (knit hats) at 42%, followed by Visors at 37%, the remaining 21% liked bucket hats.

The most important thing when buying a hat was team or brand at 37%, shape at 31%, and then color at 14%.

The most popular jerseys were football at 40%, Hockey at 32%, baseball at 10%, and finally basketball at 10%.

The most popular college sport was football at 43%, basketball at 36%, hockey at 16%, and finally baseball at 5%.

Finally, 74% of all hat buyers are between the ages of 15 and 25 and a whopping 23% of them say they own OVER 30 HATS! Interesting indeed.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The best style of hat? Fitted, fo' sho'

True Size Fitted, Stretch. or s, m, l, xl sizing: - I like true, but the 'Franchise' hats fitt me excellently, as well.

What size you be? 7 5/8

Hats that arent in the 'baseball' silhouette: No thanks, but I'll vote visor.

Most important thing? team or brand for me. Although, I wont buy it if it isn't deep enough to fit my head.

Mostpopular jerseys: football then Hockey

Popular college sport: football

Own Over 30 Hats?: No, but probably close to 30.

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I love hats, but I don't wear them, and they're too much money. WAY too much money. I was thinking of going to a Braves game recently and was going to buy a Spring Training hat, when I realized that the hat cost as much as the second-highest priced ticket ($25)! Insane!

The best style of hat? fitted

True Size Fitted, Stretch. or s, m, l, xl sizing: true is the only way for me

What size you be? 7.375 (7 3/8)

Hats that arent in the 'baseball' silhouette: baseball caps only, biatch.

Most important thing? team, style

Mostpopular jerseys: hockey

Popular college sport: 1. hockey 2. basketball 3. football

Own Over 30 Hats?: nope....between 10 - 20 (sporting a redsox 5150 today, usually rotate my 3 tigers hats every other day, though...a home wool 5150, a BP 5150, and a cooperstown collection gray 1930 hat), occasionally throw the oakland a's 5150 on the dome, and very rarely sport the mets 5150....i still occasionally wear a dodgers fitted hat that i got when i was 12 (19 years ago, damn!), i had to cut the back and put a safety pin in it for it to fit me.

edit: forward or backward: i haven't played catcher in 20 years, so i haven't worn a hat backwards in 20 years.

Style: Fitted. I wear my baseball caps backwards so they look funny with holes in there.

Pro Fit? Yes. I don't like those stretchy ones cause eventually they get too strectched and then I'm sad.

Size: 7 3/8...Large-ish...

Other kinds? Beanies and Visors are preferable if no baseball cap is available...though I look pimpin in a bucket hat.

Most Important Thing: Team/Brand/Logo for sure. I have a hat with my nickname on it, because "SHMEE" actually looks good slapped across a hat with a shamrock on it. Arizona State cause my sister goes there, and Notre Dame cause they're Irish.

Jersey Preference: Definitely hockey. I lounge in old basketball jerseys when it's hot, but hockey jerseys are the only jersies I'd wear out of the house.

College Sport: I like hockey the most, but it's not as easy to follow as football because it gets less publicity. So football, too.

How Many Hats? Maybe around 15, with maybe 5 that I wear on a regular basis.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

True Size Fitted, Stretch. or s, m, l, xl sizing: true/strech

What size you be? 7 1/4

Hats that arent in the 'baseball' silhouette: beanie

Most important thing? team

Mostpopular jerseys: football

Popular college sport: football

Own Over 30 Hats?: over 50....

Big time hat person here. I probably fit in the "own over 30 hats" category, but I regularly wear maybe 2 or 3 hats, my Detroit Tigers "Franchise" the most. I'll do paynomind's little survey thingy too, because I'm bored.

The best style of hat? Fitted, preferably Twins' Franchise hats

True Size Fitted, Stretch. or s, m, l, xl sizing: True Size or S-M-L-XL, doesn't matter

What size you be? 7 1/4 or L

Hats that arent in the 'baseball' silhouette: Knit hats/toboggans/beanies

Most important thing? Does it fit my head and does it look right on my head?

Most popular jerseys: Football

Popular college sport: Football

Own Over 30 Hats?: Yep, but like I said I only wear 2 or 3 regularly, and I hardly ever pay full price for hats. I'm cheap.

Throwing in a new question...Frontwards or backwards? Usually frontwards, backwards with certain hats.

Oh yeah, and New Era's brims do suck. They won't stay curved!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

The best style of hat:

Fitted.

True Size Fitted, Stretch Fit, or Adjustable:

True size, then maybe a stretch fit that fits, but if it's adjustable, it has to be the ones with the 7-tooth latch on the back, because no other adjustable hat has ever fit on my head.

What size you be:

7 5/8

Hats that arent in the 'baseball' silhouette:

Tuques are good, but only to be worn in the winter.

Most important thing:

Team, then color. I will not wear an odd color hat of a team I like. (Like the graphite Blue Jays hats.)

Most popular jerseys:

Hockey by a country mile. Then football and baseball. Basketball doesn't register because only the players themselves look good wearing them. (I can't help it, but to me anyone who wears a basketball jersey looks like they are desparately trying to be cool.)

Popular college sport:

Yeah right.

Own Over 30 Hats:

No. I'd say about 10.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

-I've always wanted a pro-fitted hat.

-But I go for a velcro adjusted hat. I used to go for the plastic tooth latch, but they wear out (happened to me three times).

-Size: 7 1/4

-I prefer visors

-When buying a hat, I look for the team then colour. I usually go for a predominantly black hat.

-Most popular jersey: Hockey. I only own one jersey of any sport (Wild)

-Favourite college sport: Basketball, although I'm not into that much

-# of hats: at most 15 if I include all the Little League hats. Otherwise, I have 5 hats, but only 2 I use on a regular basis.

I saw, I came, I left.

The best style of hat? fitted, hands down...that said, anyone stop by their local Champs lately? Ashton Kutcher strikes again: fitted trucker hats :puke::puke:

damn you Kutcher :cursing:

True Size Fitted, Stretch. or s, m, l, xl sizing: - true size, the stretch kind usually aren't real kind with my ginormous melon

What size you be? 8...otherwise i'd own a Zephyr hat.

Hats that arent in the 'baseball' silhouette: got a Bucks visor, similar UW visor, and a Whitewater visor...then i also got Wisconsin and Notre Dame winter hats that i only wear when it's below freezing.

Most important thing? that it fits...Reebok's NFL hats fit real good, even when i haven't cut my hair for a while, but the New Era hats i own all feel a little tighter. got a Nets hat, and that (in addtion to being a collector's item in the near future) really doesn't feel right sizewise. it says 8 but feels like 7 3/4. After fit, team. I actually got complimented on my 'Heisman Packer' hat a while back, cus apparently it's hard to find a Pack hat that doesn't look corny, i'm told.

Most popular jerseys: football (David Carr, Walter Payton which i'm wearing now, blank Oilers, blank Patriots, Robert Brooks, Mike Singletary, Whitewater Warhawks), (3-way tie) basketball (Ray Allen), hockey (Sens swoosh), baseball (Brewers fashion)

Popular college sport: football, only cus they show it more on TV. they really need to show more college lax ;)

Own Over 30 Hats?: no, maybe a little over 10.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The best style of hat:

Fitted.

True Size Fitted, Stretch Fit, or Adjustable:

True size

What size you be:

6 5/8

Hats that arent in the 'baseball' silhouette:

Propeller Cap

Most important thing:

Team, Colour, Brand

Most popular jerseys:

Hockey

Popular college sport:

Hockey

Own Over 30 Hats:

70-100, only wear about 10, but usually wear a Michigan Wolverines Zephyr Authentic

Forwards, Backwards, Side? Forwards, I waer my hat like a normal person should.

The best style of hat: Hands down Fitted

True Size Fitted, Stretch Fit, or Adjustable: True Size Fitted

What size you be: 7 1/8 or 7 1/4

Hats that arent in the 'baseball' silhouette: Only Baseball Hat

Most important thing: Team, Style, Color

Most popular jerseys: Baseball

Popular college sport: Basketball

Own Over 30 Hats: Yeah but, I only wear one and wear it religiously

Forwards, Backwards, Side? Forwards

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

What size you be:

6 5/8

6 5/8???

Wow. Do you get called 'peanut head' by strangers at the mall?

Or, maybe... are you 11?

ΓΔΒ!

My fave fit: I'd go with adjustable (mock all you want) because fitted don't fit that long and stretchy's give me headaches.

Size: I'm pretty sure I'm either 7 1/8 or 7 1/4

Not baseball caps: beanies are the way to go for me. I found a Denver Broncos' beanie in powder blue with the logo in navy. :shocked: Sweet-awesome. I can easily pull-off the bucket hat look, though B)

Most important thing: team, definitely, then style (there are only 5,000,000 different baseball cap styles)

Best jersey: Football, then baseball, hockey if I'm bored and it's cold, and I just can't wear basketball jerseys (I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too white for that :D)

Best college sport: Football, football, football.

Own over thirty hats: DUH!

Front or backwards: Depends on the mood I'm in.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

True Size Fitted, Stretch. or s, m, l, xl sizing: - I like true, but the 'Franchise' hats fitt me excellently, as well.

Thats the only thing that fits my tiny melon, I dont think they make many fiited hats that small for me, and when they do, its so weirdly shaped and doenst look right. The Franchise fitted ones rock, i can buy it in small and it fits.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

at least you got a shot at finding one...i gotta be lucky and hope they got the hat i want in the back room nowadays.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

my turn...

True Size Fitted, Stretch. or s, m, l, xl sizing: hard to say...sometimes fitted hats are inconsistent in sizes, stretch hats give me headaches sometimes...i would have to say fitted

What size you be? 7 1/2 - 7 5/8 (depends on the season when my head gets bigger :D)

Hats that arent in the 'baseball' silhouette: not worth wearing

Most important thing? team, brand, style

Most popular jerseys: baseball

Popular college sport: 1. hockey 2. football

Own Over 30 Hats?: close, but probably mid 20s

I had an old Zephyr fitted Avalanche hat, but it didn't feel tall enough on my head. If I don't wear a fitted hat, it has to be velco-adjustable. I have 2 Patriots reebok hats from 2002...the Super Bowl hat never fit right on my head. This year's Super Bowl hat fits great though.

I have to wear fitted hats to umpire baseball and ref football. They are 7 5/8, but after 2 years they shrink and I have to buy new ones.

Pro New Era hats: Atlanta, Boston, Minnesota "M"

Minor lg. New Era: Lowell Spinners home "S", Las Vegas 51s road black, home blue alien head

Football: Pats 2002 reg., SB, 2004 reg, SB (all reebok), Green Bay reebok, Tampa Bay New Era adj.

College: UNC Twins Ent., BC Zephyr, UMass-Lowell True-Fit

Las Vegas Outlaws adj.

assorted other umpire hats (AL, NL, MLB black), golf-related, brand names

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hello, well my first post on this web site. Just a little intoduction. I manage a hat store in Phoenix, Az called The Hat Club. So, I like to think I know a little about hats along with new logos and colors for teams.

To the person who wrote they don't like NewEra because the bill doesn't stay. Just wet the bill, it is made of cardboard, once it dry's it will stay to form. Same for the hat itself. Wet it down and have it dry on your head. Once it dry's it will form to your head.

Best Hat Style: NewEra 5950 fitted

Size: 7 1/8 to 7 1/4

Most Important Thing: fitt and stitched straight.

Most Popular Jersey: Baseball

Popular College Sport: Football

Hat Count: I own well over 300 hats the last time I counted.

If anyone needs help with how to form, clean, or information about a certain hat just shoot me a email. And please check out this web site.

scootrdice@yahoo.com www.hatclub.com

Archived