Unpopular Opinions

22 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Everyone's go-to look is mono-something-or-other anymore. I'll gladly be the grumpy old man and say that trend looks stupid and I hate it.

...that said, I don't think it looks terrible on the Seahawks for some reason. It just kind of seems to fit their style somehow. I'm also cool with Carolina going all-black. Beyond those, though, the jersey and pants shouldn't match unless they're both white.

I like Carolina's all black look, but it's because they have the electric blue socks to balance it all out. The Seahawks are in head to toe navy.

• Like 2

I like the Oilers in orange. I think the design is just as good, if not better than their classic blues, but people are (rightfully) biased towards the blue because those are the jerseys they won 5 cups in. However I still think the orange is a better look for Edmonton. There are 7 Canadian teams, four of which would be wearing monochromatic blue and the others red. The orange separates the Oilers a bit, gives them a bit of distinction, and this is the McDavid era, not the Gretzky era. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it having a distinct aesthetic.

Also as perhaps another unpopular opinion, that thing about every Canadian team being in blue or red is why I would not be upset if the Canucks went to green full time and the Sens went back to black.

• Like 2

I find American Football uniforms to be the least asthetically pleasing of any major sport.  Perhaps I am becoming a grumpy old man, but I dislike most of the uniform trends in football:

lack of stripes on pants and socks,

names and letters replacing stripes,

non-traditional striping patterns,

monochrome uniforms (this would work better with traditional striping on the pants and socks,

side panels and piping on jerseys, and 

decreasing use of materials that provide a more glossy metallic look to jerseys and particularly pants.

Football looks ugly to me these days.

• Like 1

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

1 hour ago, Mitch B said:

I find American Football uniforms to be the least asthetically pleasing of any major sport.  Perhaps I am becoming a grumpy old man, but I dislike most of the uniform trends in football:

monochrome uniforms (this would work better with traditional striping on the pants and socks,

decreasing use of materials that provide a more glossy metallic look to jerseys and particularly pants.

The NFL in particular has definitely become less aesthetically pleasing since Nike took over.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mitch B said:

Let's be fair thats only mid 2010s Adidas Uniforms your talking about. And your absolutely 100% correct.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

Oops, I forgot my #1 pet peeve regarding football uniforms:

Teams wearing colors that aren’t in their traditional color schemes.  I hate switching the channel to a college game and not immediately knowing who is playing.

P.S.  I am also one on those guys who walked miles in the snow to and from school (uphill both ways) back in the day.

• Like 5

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

really don’t like the Packers jerseys (both home and away). IMO the yellow is too bright: it goes poorly with the dark green, and doesn’t contrast enough with the white. I also think that the stripes, especially the collar stripes, are just too busy. Take away the small stripe in between on the sleeves, and just remove the collar striping altogether.

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

really don’t like the Packers jerseys (both home and away). IMO the yellow is too bright: it goes poorly with the dark green, and doesn’t contrast enough with the white. I also think that the stripes, especially the collar stripes, are just too busy. Take away the small stripe in between on the sleeves, and just remove the collar striping altogether.

I think the Packers jerseys are much better now than in the early 90s.

usatsi_11218255.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Back in the early 90s, they had a more drab green and a lighter but more mustardy yellow, and it looked dingy. The current forest green and brighter yellow look much better, in my opinion.

dm.jpg

• Like 1
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

1 hour ago, whitedawg22 said:

I think the Packers jerseys are much better now than in the early 90s.

usatsi_11218255.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Back in the early 90s, they had a more drab green and a lighter but more mustardy yellow, and it looked dingy. The current forest green and brighter yellow look much better, in my opinion.

dm.jpg

I dislike both, although I do agree that the currents are better than the other picture you posted.

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

I'e never been a fan of the Bengal's stripe scheme. Always hated the helmets and the latest redesigns are awful. If they wanted to go back to the boring basic Ken Anderson-era look, it wouldn't bother me. (Although an orange jersey might be interesting.)

Speaking of, I like the Browns' set. I understand the objections people have, and I dislike the piping look on the jersey seams, and maybe the NCAA is the proper place for the name-on-the-pants look, but their look has always been so block-basic that it's not a sacreligeous gear-strip or anything.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

On 9/8/2018 at 10:08 PM, Davidellias said:

With that being said, Nebraska's "N" Helmet logo needs to go.

Do the NU helmet they used in the laste 60s and that would look better, the "N" hasn't aged well and look extremely dated.

I have a memory of Nebraska trying to replace the N with a bolder N with serifs and maybe a white/red double-outline.  But people went nuts and it did not end up happening.

When I was looking for that story, I found an equally amusing one on the below link. It says that the "NU" became an "N" when there were not enough "U" stickers around:

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2014/10/get_to_know_nebraska.html

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

14 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I have a memory of Nebraska trying to replace the N with a bolder N with serifs and maybe a white/red double-outline.  But people went nuts and it did not end up happening.

When I was looking for that story, I found an equally amusing one on the below link. It says that the "NU" became an "N" when there were not enough "U" stickers around:

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2014/10/get_to_know_nebraska.html

I realize this is off topic...but I love crazy facts like this. I'd love to see a "Crazy Sports Uniform/Logo Facts" thread with stuff like this...because I honestly had never heard that before.

• Like 1

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85