Unpopular Opinions

On 8/30/2018 at 3:43 PM, Prince Harry said:

I like the Ravens better in black pants. They definitely NEED striping and some sort of white stripe would be ideal.

But I think black pants help convey the ‘darkness’ of their identity better, plus as a personal matter of taste I prefer a two colour maximum between helmet/jerseys/pants. 

White pants with the purple jerseys and black helmets just looks a bit messy. And the other purple team already wears white pants at home. 

In saying that, I think white pants with the Ravens road and alternate sets are fine, simply because they match better. 

The black pants would look 1000x better with some sort of striping.  That's my main issue with them honestly - they remind me too much of yoga pants.

• Like 3

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

The black pants would look 1000x better with some sort of striping.  That's my main issue with them honestly - they remind me too much of yoga pants.

It’s the black socks. It makes it look like they continue down to midcalf, like yoga pants. Even if they wore purple socks with them it would be a massive improvement.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I actually like 2 chrome helmets in college football: TCU’s purple helmet and Louisville’s cherry red helmet.

yQrWvtE.jpgyAHuNeb.jpg

Speaking of colleges and chrome...I didn't hate the chrome accents Rutgers had a few years ago. They were kind of tacky, but, c'mon...it's Rutgers. The silver chrome elements had a lot of flash to them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Buc said:

Well... remember the days when THIS was prevalent??

4918101085_69e3f1f518_o.png

11875064406_4d9e682c5c_o.jpg

5ae7d80943f011f5027249415ec597b3.jpg

93d134392a94eec5646a1470cc0894ec.jpg

1994795829_7f80776abc_o.jpg

gettyimages-161006049_master.jpg?quality

And then, of course, there's this more famous example:

25ee5a0ebabf775c8b1b77028f4d7339--footba

(And apparently, this less-notorious example also existed:)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU8S04VI4kXZGXVI8Ohc6

I like full names on the back of jerseys. 

• Like 2

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I think this will be a very unpopular opinion. I don't think "pit stains" (e.x. titans) on football jerseys are all that bad. I don't like full side panels though. No real justification other than it;s another element, another way to add a little color, and I just don't think it's a bad look.

Call me crazy, but if the Jags stick with teal over white and white over teal as their primaries, with black over white or teal as an alternate, they have a solid if not above average uniform set. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

14 hours ago, WBeltz said:

I feel like Under Armour has dropped the ball with Wisconsin's football uniforms. I know you can do so much with a red & white color combo, but I absolutely LOVED this combo when they were with adidas.

Melvin+Gordon+Wisconsin+v+Purdue+Sbn5ICz

The black stripes and facemask are gross. That said, I do like red pants for Wisconsin - it just looks much better if they're all red-and-white:

hi-res-6898088_crop_north.jpg?1370564246

• Like 5
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I like red pants with the whites as well.

When they first played in a red helmet, it was essentially the opposite of their traditional helmet: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjInvKLwNTdAhVDheAKHWDSDaYQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rantsports.com%2Fncaa-football%2F2013%2F09%2F23%2Fwisconsin-badgers-rb-melvin-gordon-should-be-in-heisman-talks%2F&psig=AOvVaw1nmcZKN1cMkA0MiEU_vgno&ust=1537908034673767

I didn't mind that one as a once-a-year thing.  But then they decided to go with the black stripes and trim.  I'm glad it hasn't come back.

Wisconsin doesn't often get too crazy and I'd rather they always have a red mask and go W/R/W and W/W/R and nothing else.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 9/23/2018 at 6:09 PM, WBeltz said:

I feel like Under Armour has dropped the ball with Wisconsin's football uniforms. I know you can do so much with a red & white color combo, but I absolutely LOVED this combo when they were with adidas.

Melvin+Gordon+Wisconsin+v+Purdue+Sbn5ICz

The black seemed tacked on with the rest of the uniform.  At least they eventually got it right with the red shells.

2013-wisconsin-badgers-new-adidas-unifor

Wouldn't mind this coming back.  With so much red and white in the Big Ten now, it only make sense for when they play Nebraska or when one of the other red teams (Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland) decided to wear white shells.

• Like 3

Actually, as @OnWis97mentioned, the version that was just red/white came first, IIRC only ever worn at Camp Randall.  The version with black tacked on came a little later, and was only ever worn on the road.

I wanna see the red pants come back, though.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 hour ago, johnnysama said:

I actually like the 1970-2016 Toronto Maple Leafs logo (especially the 1970-92 jerseys) for its simplistic and modern design.

I’m with you. I do really like what they have now too, but I still think the previous logo was great and I think the 1970-92 set was excellent and much better than it’s given credit for. I think it still would’ve looked great today, as illustrated by when the Marlies sported a uniform which I assume was inspired by it (someone correct me if I’m wrong):

Toronto-Marlies.jpg

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png