top 5 worst logos in sports right now

Titanscj2k

There have been some bad logos coming out the last decade or so, but heres my top 5 worst logos still in use today-

5. Victoria Salmon Kings(ECHL)

(photo in first post)

this might be the only bad logo in the ECHL. The Fish is cartoony and childish, the "salmon kings" writing in the crown looks scratched on and sloppy, and the name its self is pretty stupid. I know Victorias known for salmon, but you couldve just called the team the salmon. The name still wouldnt be the best, but still, Salmon kings is stupid name.

4. Buffalo Bills (NHL)

Buffalo_Bills_Logo.gif

This might have looked good in 1974, but this is a terrible logo now. The teams named after Buffalo Bill Cody, so youd guess theyd put a cowboy in their logo scheme, but no!! since they play in BUFFALO, their logo HAS to be a BUFFALO, regardless of team name. thats stupid. You dont see teams in Phoenix Arizona doing that! The red stripe is pointless, and out of place. That horn looks extremely crooked. bad logo all together.

3.Prince Edward Island Rocket(QMJHL)

http://www.sportslogos.net/dev2/logo.php?id=uyvxvz3361rm97w1kyy9gsxuy

ok, this logo is just terrible. The 9 shaped thing in the back looks painted or sprayed on, and the 'Rocket' script looks like clip art. but whats the worst part?...the cartoon rocket. Looks like A baby version of the old Houston Rockets logo from the 90s. God Awful overall.

2. Buffalo Sabres (NHL)

6elec248g0248fybjjx0.gif

the buffaslug...who even designed this monstrosity?!? Heard a rumor this was gonna be replaced by the alternate logo. That would be awesome because this is just crap. Once again, names sabres, which is a sword, but the logos a buffalo?...go figure. Terrible

and the number one worst logo of the era!!...........drum roll please......

Oklahoma City Thunder (NBA)

OKC_Thunder.PNG

Oh My God! This...is an abomination of a logo. terrible colors, random bits and pieces, generic, generic name.

Oh and did i mention that David Bennett bought the Seattle Supersonics, with their great logo and color scheme, and stole them, and moved them to OKC, so the teams already got bad karma. But this......is what OKC got? Guess Seattle gets the last laugh

"Being someone else is a waste of the person you are"~Kurt Cobain

Tennessee Titans (0-0) Next Game Vs. Oakland Raiders (0-0)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No wonder it's been a while since the Bills have done good, they are busy playing hockey out there on the football field.

Also, if you are going to create a dupe account, don't do it the day after you first joined/melted down. Also, don't use the same location/favorite logos.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Big 4 Sports

5. Golden State Warriors - I understand the retro thing going on, but what about it says Warriors? Not to mention the horrificly generic wordmark to go with it.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=qhhir6fj8zp30f33s7sfb4yw0

4. New York Jets - see Golden State Warriors. (I do love their uniforms though)

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=936

3. OKC Thunder - A basketball with lines and 3 letters with a nickname on top...creative (though I am a Thunder fan)

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=khmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2

2. Detroit Pistons - A basketball with your whole team name on it...Did the Thunder hire the guys who made this to make theirs?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=3079

1. Cleveland Browns - It's a helmet, not a logo, yet it's still used as such. The other "color" team names have actual logos, why can't you?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=2ioheczrkmc2ibc42c9r

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I dont know about about top 5 but Chicago Bears has to be there. Your team is named Bears and the best you can come up with is a copy of Cincinnati reds logo?

364.gif

You say that as though the Bears are the only team in the history of professional sports to use the wishbone C.

330zl3b.png

5. Colts primary. Such a boring logo. I think they could do better given the team name.

4. Insert various NBA logo here: Lakers, Clippers, 76ers, Pacers.

A ball with some bland font. Don't go too crazy there! That is just awesome! I'd give the 76ers nod here since the downgrade was most obvious.

3. Anaheim Ducks. With a name like Ducks, they have so much to work with. I love the name Ducks, and wish they'd do something much better.

2. Browns. I love the dog logo, and they have others that would be better than just a helmet.

1. Rays. Has to be the worst logo in sports ever. They had such a creative and cool logo with a great name. Then they do the name change and end up with something my little cousin could have drawn up. The name and logo lack anything good or creative that a logo should be. The colors are used plenty other places, and this isn't a good combo. The green was a nice different color.

2ly2w09.jpg

You say that as though the Bears are the only team in the history of professional sports to use the wishbone C.

they might not be but when they can come up with that bear on football logo back in 1954 they should be able to change it up and do something better than a C now.

122opcw.jpg

they might not be but when they can come up with that bear on football logo back in 1954 they should be able to change it up and do something better than a C now.

354.gif

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

1. Titans(all logos)

2. Braves (all logos)

3. Grizzlies alt.

4. Predators alt.

5. OKC Thunder primary

Hey, I thought the same thing. Spooky, isn't it?

/how does he keep on finding boxes to check?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived