2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

:| @ the Falcons offense today. If you had told me that the Falcons would hold the Steelers to 9 points in regulation, I would've told you "Hey, we're actually gonna beat the Steelers (sans Big Ben) in Pittsburgh! Sweet! No way our offense scores just as many or less than that!!!"

9 points. Matt Ryan getting his eyes read more than a tabloid. Michael Turner did little-to-nothing. If this offense is gonna do anything, they need to get going. They did anything but today. Really disappointing performance by the offense, especially considering how well the defense played (up until they let Mendenhall get loose).

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely baffled as to how that wasn't a catch. "Second act?" Great, now we'll never get rid of Mike Martz.

That play summed up perfectly why I prefer college football to the NFL. Detroit got bent over big time. "The process?" "Second Act?" WTF? Johnson caught the pass. TD. Period. The NFL is ridiculous. What really kills me is that while that former official was explaining it, neither of the announcers had the nerve to say "that's the dumbest :censored:-ing thing I've ever heard."

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Meanwhile, in Jacksonville, the Jaguars have managed to win an early-season home game. Doubly important because a/ they needed a strong showing with all the grumblings about selling out and relocation and all that, and b/ because historically they've been known to drop early-season home games.

Didn't see the first half, so I have no clue how much Tebow played if at all. Although I'm sure the highlights will show it if he did.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That play summed up perfectly why I prefer college football to the NFL.

Funny because, in the pros, teams get bent over by the refs, while in college, teams get bent over by the BCS. Either way, somebody's getting screwed over.

Sadly, this so true...

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Funny because, in the pros, teams get bent over by the refs, while in college, teams get bent over by the BCS. Either way, somebody's getting screwed over.

Actually college refs are just as bad, if not worse than NFL refs

As for today's Giants game, not sure what to make of it. It was a really sloppy game and the Panthers offense wasn't up to snub so I honestly can't make too much of an assessment of the G-Men at this point. We'll know more about them next week against the Colts for NBC's Manning-fest

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

You know there's no rule here stating that you have to post on everything you see right?

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Completely baffled as to how that wasn't a catch. "Second act?" Great, now we'll never get rid of Mike Martz.

That play summed up perfectly why I prefer college football to the NFL. Detroit got bent over big time. "The process?" "Second Act?" WTF? Johnson caught the pass. TD. Period. The NFL is ridiculous. What really kills me is that while that former official was explaining it, neither of the announcers had the nerve to say "that's the dumbest :censored:-ing thing I've ever heard."

Indeed. The whole thing's pathetic. The media's so far up the NFL's a$$ that there was no way in hell either one would say anything. I'm not even a fan of either team and I'm pissed off.

I'm so discouraged right now.. I felt like this whole day was a giant FU from the NFL.

- First, the game starts off so well, Lions show promise and jump on the Bears 14-3.

- Then the football gods decide to destroy the all Lions fans hopes and dreams for not only the game, but the whole damn season. Goodbye Staff, see you next year.

- Then the unthinkable happens and the Lions' young defense suddenly matures right before our eyes and keeps the game in reach.

- Then I can't even bring myself to speak of the injustice that occurred at the end of that game.

Ouch! The Eagles' Weaver just got really hurt, or at least it looks like it. His knee looked like it bent backwards... Ouch. I'm die-hard Cowboys fan who hates the Eagles, but I never want to see that. I hope he's alright.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I'm so discouraged right now.. I felt like this whole day was a giant FU from the NFL.

- First, the game starts off so well, Lions show promise and jump on the Bears 14-3.

- Then the football gods decide to destroy the all Lions fans hopes and dreams for not only the game, but the whole damn season. Goodbye Staff, see you next year.

- Then the unthinkable happens and the Lions' young defense suddenly matures right before our eyes and keeps the game in reach.

- Then I can't even bring myself to speak of the injustice that occurred at the end of that game.

Nah, that was Julius Peppers :P

But seriously, that game was just hard to watch. The bears dont deserve the win. I dont really think the lions do either. Dumb rule, great catch, Megatron.

But, hey, 1-0! And a great game from Cutler

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Even with the stupid rule, that still should be a catch by CJ. He wasn't even still going to the ground, he was getting up from it when he lost the ball, after already having two feet, a hip, and a hand in bounds. That was a terrible call. It is sad they didn't get the win after not only that great play, but some great goal line stands by the defense.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Even with the stupid rule, that still should be a catch by CJ. He wasn't even still going to the ground, he was getting up from it when he lost the ball, after already having two feet, a hip, and a hand in bounds. That was a terrible call. It is sad they didn't get the win after not only that great play, but some great goal line stands by the defense.

Exactly. It's not a case of "bad rule, right call." It was a TD catch, plain and simple.

I will wholeheartly agree with everyone and say that was a horrible call against Detroit. Come on... He had control of the ball and his knee (Hell, his ass) was down. You call that a touchdown. Don't give me some bogus hoo-hah about 'second act' and whatnot. Now, since MDC mentioned Johnson's nickname (Megatron), I say this is the NFL equivelent of Starscream kicking Megatron's beaten ass out of Astro Train in the original Transformers movie...

(OK, bad reference)

I will wholeheartly agree with everyone and say that was a horrible call against Detroit. Come on... He had control of the ball and his knee (Hell, his ass) was down. You call that a touchdown. Don't give me some bogus hoo-hah about 'second act' and whatnot. Now, since MDC mentioned Johnson's nickname (Megatron), I say this is the NFL equivelent of Starscream kicking Megatron's beaten ass out of Astro Train in the original Transformers movie...

(OK, bad reference)

CJ: I STILL FUNCTION!

Rules are rules! :grin:

And according to the NFL's own ass backwards interpretation of the act of catching a football it was still a TD. The refs didn't even uphold the league's own rule book here.

Rules are rules! :grin:

As I said before, that should have been a catch even according to the rules. He was clearly done with the act of catching the ball and going to the ground. He was getting up to celebrate the amazing play he had just made when he lost the ball.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Green Bay got off to a slow start - especially their O-line which let Rodgers get sacked 3 times - but finally got into the end zone near halftime. If they lose Ryan Grant beyond this game though, they're in a world of hurt.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived