New Ottawa Senators Logo.... With Heart

Howie

i was saying the leafs DO have colour photos, while the sens DON'T. chris corrected me. still, my version makes sence, but it takes to mutch time to think about it for it to be funny.

No yours doesn't... and this is why:

1967leafs.jpg

There are B&W photos of 1967, and there are even B&W photos still going on today... I actually took a bunch yesterday

yes there are b&w pics of the '67 team, but there are colour pics of them as well. there's a couple of them in the nhl 75th anniversary book. there arn't any colour pics of the '27 sens team.

Nope, you said "There are no black and white pictures of the Leafs winning the Cup".

That freakhole pic has been photoshopped from it's original version, the guy in the photo was a guest on Conan O'Brien once, I believe RC has the link to his site.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When was the last time you saw a senator in the Canadian government dress like a roman gladiator?

The Senators logo depicts neither a gladiator nor a centurion, but a Roman officer.

Centurions typically had crests that were mounted across their helmets, ear-to-ear, not front-to-back like the one the Sens have.

Roman armies were led by aristocrats of senatorial rank, like Julius Caesar, for example. (Military success led to fame, popular acclaim, and increased political power.)

So, it is actually a senator.

At any rate, the only teams from the Eastern Conference to win the cup in recent memory have been the Lightning and Devils, so the Toronto/Ottawa/Philadelphia talk is nothing but a load of BS. :D

dont worry im sure chris therien will let you have a look when he takes it home to ottawa. :P

I really hope Ottawa meets Philly in the playoffs again. Look at our record against you goons. :hockeysmiley:

And is it really necessary to revive this thread over and over?! :evil::P

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

41003_33909_0.png

Thought I'd Post this :hockeysmiley:

You can't say crap about choking until you beat us at least once in the playoffs (what's the count now? 4 series to 0 in favour of the Leafs?) :hockeysmiley::hockeysmiley:

leaffanwaitngforacup.jpg

last leafs stanley cup: 1967

last sens stanley cup: 1927

at least my parents were alive during the last leafs cup win.

face it sens fans, your team will always be known as ontario's SECOND team.

your disregarding the fact that the Sens left the NHL in 1937 ( i believe )And only returned in 1992, so they've been a team for 30 years. how many cups have the leaves won in the last 30 years of the franchise....0 :hockeysmiley:

the fact that the leafs didn't DIE during the 30's like the sens did says a lot. like chris said, you can't talk until the sens beat the leafs at least once in the playoffs, considering they don't fold...AGAIN :hockeysmiley:

the ottawa senators: ontario's second team (third overall in eastern canada).

*just thought i'd add this joke:

Leafs fan=What do the Sens have that the Leafs don't have?

Senators fan=What?

Leafs fan=Black and white photos of their last Stanley Cup victory.

GO LEAFS GO!

Well there was this thing in the 30's called The Great Depression. Many people lost money. Many business lost money and closed shops.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

I love trash-talking with leaf fans.

What other better way to start the new NHL

Trash talking is just being fan. Without good rivalries, sport would be bland.

The one pick that I laughed at the most: after the Senators last defeat by the Leafs, a picture went around with two girls, one siting infront of the other getting her hair combed.

Superimposed over the girls faces was Alfredsson and Hossa. It was well done even for this Sens fan.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

haha nice, and north jersey will always smell like toxic sludge :P

We got Three Cups in 9 years.....

How's bout Filthadelphia?

Ohhhh, that's right, the Devils bitch-slapped you every time in the ECF, and the one time you made it to the Cup, you got demolished by the Red Wings, the team the Devils swept in '95.....

Keep talking...

(P.S. Nothing beats Devils/Rangers in rivalry, IMHO)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

41003_33909_0.png

Thought I'd Post this :hockeysmiley:

You can't say crap about choking until you beat us at least once in the playoffs (what's the count now? 4 series to 0 in favour of the Leafs?) :hockeysmiley::hockeysmiley:

leaffanwaitngforacup.jpg

last leafs stanley cup: 1967

last sens stanley cup: 1927

at least my parents were alive during the last leafs cup win.

face it sens fans, your team will always be known as ontario's SECOND team.

your disregarding the fact that the Sens left the NHL in 1937 ( i believe )And only returned in 1992, so they've been a team for 30 years. how many cups have the leaves won in the last 30 years of the franchise....0 :hockeysmiley:

the fact that the leafs didn't DIE during the 30's like the sens did says a lot. like chris said, you can't talk until the sens beat the leafs at least once in the playoffs, considering they don't fold...AGAIN :hockeysmiley:

the ottawa senators: ontario's second team (third overall in eastern canada).

*just thought i'd add this joke:

Leafs fan=What do the Sens have that the Leafs don't have?

Senators fan=What?

Leafs fan=Black and white photos of their last Stanley Cup victory.

GO LEAFS GO!

Well there was this thing in the 30's called The Great Depression. Many people lost money. Many business lost money and closed shops.

the leafs wen't though the same depression, yet they had the fan loyalty and companent ownership to survive, both of which the sens lacked. besides if the depression was the only reason for the sens folding it would have taken less then 60 years for them to come back.

it's funny seeing shanurr bash us leafs fans for trash talking. he's the one calling the leafs chockers when his team can't even beat the leafs come play off time. not mutch more to say then that.

IMO i think your in a minority thinking the habs and toronto are in a a more heated rivalry than the sens/ toronto. I think the habs most hated rival would be boston.

don't get me wrong, the leafs/sens rivalry is a VERY heated rivalry, and that's a good thing. as of now the sens/leafs rivalry is one of hockey's most heated because the two teams have met 4 times in the last 5 post seasons (with the leafs a perfect 4-0 :P ).

when it comes to the overall scheme of things however, habs/leafs is king, simply because of the history between the two teams. they rank number one and two in total stanley cup victories (montreal 24, torornto 13), and have been at each other's throats since the beginning of the nhl.

as for the bruins/habs rivalry, i wouldn't say it's as big as the leafs/habs rivalry. the canadiens have been so dominant in that rivalry (going 24-2 series wise, or something close to that number). montreal looks at boston as a pest that they will crush nine times out of ten. only the bruins fans get really into it, and that's because their team hasn't been able to beat montreal when it counts. the bruins/habs rivalry is more one sided while the leafs/habs rivalry has been pretty evenly matched (with the habs having the slight edge in the grand scheme of things).

Archived