Top 10 Favorite Sports Logos

A-Train

I really dig that texans logo too...one of the best in football. I like the seahawks aswell. I suppose I'm in the minority who prefer the new logo/colours to the old set. I LOATHE the blue pants/blue shirts look, and the logo could look less mean. But to me, the old logo's eyes were kinda needlessly grotesque.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

124.giffor12dfd4agde8ldpkzg.gif

fbh4jfr7lwbpuezjx0xbktfmo.gifeewkmr2dm6z8dv264huzwid6e.gif

e0z8f9w5hoe7hsm531j8g5uah.gifllrs2zxi127vkqgcsvfb.gif

wsghhaxkh5qq0hdkbt1b5se41.gif994.gif

qhhir6fj8zp30f33s7sfb4yw0.gifzqwgafkcdfamqumx0x5j3ddre.gif

Whoa.

You are honestly the first person I have ever seen publicly acknowledge that you like the Ducks new wordmark logo... I thought it was universally hated. Guess I was wrong! I'm curious though - what is it about the "logo" that you like?

Also, props for giving another Anaheim team (the Angels) love!!!

ps) HATERS - Before you start popping off about how I'm "bashing" someone for their taste - I'm NOT. I am legitimately curious as to why someone from Montreal (home to one of the greatest logos in sports - one that routinely wins hockey logo contests) likes what is considered by most sports fans as "the worst "logo" in the NHL"! I am not HATING! So don't even go there, ok?

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Whoa.

You are honestly the first person I have ever seen publicly acknowledge that you like the Ducks new wordmark logo... I thought it was universally hated. Guess I was wrong! I'm curious though - what is it about the "logo" that you like?

ps) HATERS - Before you start popping off about how I'm "bashing" someone for their taste - I'm NOT. I am legitimately curious as to why someone from Montreal (home to one of the greatest logos in sports - one that routinely wins hockey logo contests) likes what is considered by most sports fans as "the worst "logo" in the NHL"! I am not HATING! So don't even go there, ok?

I like the colors, the footprint D and everything else. I just think all of these elements put together make a great logo. Even if it's just a wordmark, it's a nice one with a well thought design.

Usually, I'm with the majority when it comes to liking or disliking logos, but there are exceptions. And my location has nothing to do with my taste in logos. I'm sorry but I don't really have a better explanation other than everybody is different.

If you think what I've affirmed is shocking, haven't you ever stumbled upon the unpopular opinion thread?

Whoa.

I like the colors, the footprint D and everything else. I just think all of these elements put together make a great logo. Even if it's just a wordmark, it's a nice one with a well thought design.

Usually, I'm with the majority when it comes to liking or disliking logos, but there are exceptions. And my location has nothing to do with my taste in logos. I'm sorry but I don't really have a better explanation other than everybody is different.

If you think what I've affirmed is shocking, haven't you ever stumbled upon the unpopular opinion thread?

Its really not a logo at all.... Someone ought to start a favorite wordmark thread!

Anyways - as wordmarks go, I'm not a fan either. The footprint "D" would make an infinitely nicer logo -- how was that not apparent to the duck-braintrust when they commissioned their new uniforms? CAn you buy merchandise like hats or whatever with just the D logo?

I vastly prefer it to the Disney look.

See, I had some major issues with the way they used the look, the jerseys of the time, but I think in general the Disney look was built around an extremely well-rendered logo.

See, I had some major issues with the way they used the look, the jerseys of the time, but I think in general the Disney look was built around an extremely well-rendered logo.

I would disagree about how well the logo worked. Was it put together well? Yeah, it was. Outside of the technical aspect, however, I found it to be a childish marketing tool. Something suitable for a minor league team that needs to draw in the kids, but not something a team in the National Hockey League would wear. They were, essentially, skating Disney ads.

I'd argue at 15,000 a night, maybe they could use some of those kids. :)

I'd argue that any franchise, regardless of where it's located, should consider relocation if the logo's what's going to make or break it. I just think the old Mighty Ducks logo is unbecoming of a team in the NHL. Like a guy who shows up in jeans and a t-shirt to a wedding ceremony. It's the most prestigious hockey league in the world. Teams shouldn't be dressed up as skating advertisements for Disney.

It's ironic, though, because minor league is what I think of when I see their current logo.

I see a logo that's not stellar by any means, but it works as a logo for a NHL team. I'm personally glad that the team won the Cup only after the change so that the Stanley Cup, which has been around since the 19th century, wouldn't have be disgraced with the name "MIGHTY DUCKS" forever engraved on it.

Archived