Pro Combat Info Leaked (08/31/10)

jthubble

Miami slipped up a bit and released the information regarding tomorrow's release:

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/083110aaa.html

From the story:

Nike convened distinguished representatives associated with each university to deliver the uniforms' unique stories:

? Michael Irvin, Miami: NFL Hall of Famer and three-time Super Bowl champion who led the Hurricanes to a National Championship in 1987.

? Marty Lyons, Alabama: Crimson Tide All-America defensive tackle who played for Paul "Bear" Bryant's 1978 National Champion team and went on to an 11-year career with the New York Jets.

? Jerard Rabb, Boise State: Broncos wide receiver on the historic hook and ladder play that propelled Boise State to victory in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl.

? Errict Rhett, Florida: Led Florida in rushing yards all four seasons of his college career and played seven seasons in the NFL.

? Charles Csuri, Ohio State: Decorated WWII veteran and the father of digital art and animation, Csuri first made history as part of the 1942 Buckeyes National Championship team.

? Steve Preece, Oregon State: A key member of Oregon State's 1967 team known as the "Giant Killers," Preece went on to a successful career as defensive back with the Los Angeles Rams.

? Ruben Brown, Pittsburgh: A mainstay on Pitt's offensive line for four years, Brown played for the Buffalo Bills and Chicago Bears, starting in 181 games.

? Matt Lewis, TCU: Equipment Manager for the Horned Frogs who received the game ball after last year's 55-28 victory over Utah, when TCU debuted their '09 Nike Pro Combat uniforms.

? Col. Rock Roszak, Virginia Tech: Alum of Virginia Tech and the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets, Roszak received numerous decorations during 27 years of active duty service in the U.S. Air Force.

? Bob Huggins, West Virginia University: Mountaineer alum and current head basketball coach, Huggins has one of the highest winning percentages in Division I basketball.

The Nike Pro Combat System of Dress

Each team will benefit from the lightweight innovation and flexible protection of the Nike Pro Combat System of Dress, but the similarities end there. Rendered in vivid color palettes and rich in cultural and historical motifs specific to the individual programs, each custom design tells a different story.

"The Nike Pro Combat System of Dress merges innovation and inspiration to deliver the lightest uniform in the industry," said Kris Aman, Global VP and GM of Nike Athletic Training, which includes football. "The designs incorporate cultural cues emblematic of each team's identity and heritage. They're more than uniforms, they're expressions of pride."

Nike designers studied each team's past, present and vision for the future. They immersed themselves in the community and culture of the universities. As a result, the special-edition uniforms capture the soul and spirit of each program.

Key design details from the uniforms include:

? Miami: Tonal Fir palm-frond print emblematic of South Florida incorporated into the jersey numbers, pant and footwear.

? Alabama: Houndstooth check pattern incorporated into the uniform in tribute to legendary coach Paul "Bear" Bryant.

? Boise State: Reflective, Game Royal Bronco head on the uniform echoes the famed blue turf of Bronco stadium.

? Florida: Alligator-skin motif used in the jersey numbers, pant, gloves and footwear inspired by menacing Gator mascot.

? Ohio State: Stylized script numbers, a replica U.S. flag on the jersey sleeve and the camouflage-print base layer honor the WWII-bound Buckeyes, National Champions of 1942.

? Oregon State: Retro design revives a look worn by the victorious 1967 "Giant Killers."

? Pittsburgh: Notched Team Gold jersey numbers and stencil stripe on the helmet evoke steel I-beams in reference to Pittsburgh's steel industry.

? TCU: Icy lizard-skin pattern used throughout the uniform inspired by the scaly body armor of TCU's horned frog mascot and a memorable quote from celebrated coach Leo "Dutch" Meyer.

? Virginia Tech: All-black uniform references the cadet gray-and-black regalia worn by Virginia Tech's original football team and honors the school's current Corps of Cadets.

? West Virginia: A headlamp-like line running front-to-back on the helmet and smudged Black pattern on the uniform pay respect to the region's coal mining industry.

The participating schools all rank in the preseason top 25. The teams plan to wear the uniquely designed uniforms for the games listed below and any other games they may determine at a later date: the University of Alabama (Nov. 13), Boise State University (Sept. 6), University of Florida (Oct. 30), University of Miami (Nov. 20), The Ohio State University (Nov. 27), Oregon State University (Dec. 4), University of Pittsburgh (Nov. 26), TCU (Sept. 4), Virginia Tech (Sept. 6) and West Virginia University (Nov. 26).

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Buckeyes have a sublimated camo pattern of red I might be cool with these, but I'm dreading the "stylized script numbers"! And Miami sounds like they will have palm leaf patterns on the jersey. Pitt's sounds like it could be the best look of the sets

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

http://www.nikeprocombat2010.nikemedia.com/

The website for the unveiling, 10 AM EST

Based on those silhouettes, it looks like they are gonna have the majority of them feature colored jerseys, as opposed to having the majority that featured white jerseys like last year.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Based on those silhouettes, it looks like they are gonna have the majority of them feature colored jerseys, as opposed to having the majority that featured white jerseys like last year.

I'm surprised they didn't do a better job of blacking out the designs. Pulling up the levels, you can see 3 - maybe 4 - light colored jerseys for this year.

Screenshot2010-08-31at12358PM.png

I'm surprised they didn't do a better job of blacking out the designs. Pulling up the levels, you can see 3 - maybe 4 - light colored jerseys for this year.

I wonder what school's uniform that is in the middle with the stripes on the socks and on the undershirt instead of the jersey. I've been suggesting that as a solution to the disappearing jersey sleeves for a couple years now. I curious to see how it will look.

I wonder what school's uniform that is in the middle with the stripes on the socks and on the undershirt instead of the jersey. I've been suggesting that as a solution to the disappearing jersey sleeves for a couple years now. I curious to see how it will look.

I will go out on a limb and say thats oregon state.

ChaBobcats-SquareSig.pngBlueJaysSquareSig.png

DashSquareSig.png

My guess is that second from the left is Florida. The number font is similar, and I think I see a gator skin pattern on the shoulder....thought it could be just the pixellation.

? Alabama: Houndstooth check pattern incorporated into the uniform in tribute to legendary coach Paul "Bear" Bryant.

Think we all saw that one coming.

? Boise State: Reflective, Game Royal Bronco head on the uniform echoes the famed blue turf of Bronco stadium.

Somehow I'm thinking this is going to glow in the dark.

? Ohio State: Stylized script numbers, a replica U.S. flag on the jersey sleeve and the camouflage-print base layer honor the WWII-bound Buckeyes, National Champions of 1942.

Curious to see exactly what kind of camo pattern they use. Then I'll see if they really did their research. On another note, if I'm reading that right, the camo print won't even be visible (the base layers are the compression shorts/shirts; the jerseys and pants go over them.)

? Pittsburgh: Notched Team Gold jersey numbers and stencil stripe on the helmet evoke steel I-beams in reference to Pittsburgh's steel industry.

That sounds real interesting.

? TCU: Icy lizard-skin pattern used throughout the uniform inspired by the scaly body armor of TCU's horned frog mascot and a memorable quote from celebrated coach Leo "Dutch" Meyer.

Is this the same pattern they used for their helmets and pants last year? Anyone know?

? Virginia Tech: All-black uniform references the cadet gray-and-black regalia worn by Virginia Tech's original football team and honors the school's current Corps of Cadets.

THAT...made me laugh. That might be the most hackneyed explanation of BFBS I've seen yet from Nike--and that's saying something.

? West Virginia: A headlamp-like line running front-to-back on the helmet and smudged Black pattern on the uniform pay respect to the region's coal mining industry.

And then I saw that. I can understand the thought behind it, but--eh, forget it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I cannot wait for this. Last year's Pro Combat was really hit or miss, but it was still fascinating to see Nike & the schools take all sorts of risks. Can't wait to see what they have in store for this season.

Archived