2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't care about records or rankings. The Thrashers are the worst team in the league right now. They have been stinking up the joint since the All-Star break & there's no signs of things improving. Can't score for :censored: (they've been getting tons of shots, but it literally takes a miracle for it to get past whoever's in net), every mistake they make on defense results in a goal, they don't get any of those lucky bounces, & just fold under adversity for the most part. It's like fan repellent.

After the performances they had before the All-Star break, they really had me going when it came to hopes of the playoffs. Then the failboat anchored in Blueland once more, & it's been a wrap ever since.

I just have to ask, "How's that new Captain of your doing?" I said when it happened that I didn't think it amounted to a hill of beans, heck it didn't even amount to a bean, and now where's this new captain lead your team? To the crapper! Great significant move by the Thrashers. Oh and what is up with the fan base? Seriously? Hell, can we move that team to Winnipeg or Quebec. I've seen more people in a pick up game at a local arena than I saw in highlights from the Thrashers game last night. Pathetic organization and pathetic fan base.

Another A+ post from oddball! Let's analyze this gem!

1) Ladd has 23 goals, 24 assists. Leads the team in goals, assists, and points. But of course, he's the one led them into the crapper. Not the coaching or the actual crap players on the team, but the captain who's actually playing well in the midst of all this crap. Brilliant analysis, TSN should sign you.

2) The team's signed NDA's with prospective owners that are probably gonna keep the team in Atlanta, and buy the Hawks and Philips Arena as well. You totally nailed that one! The Thrashers will most definitely be in Winnipeg or Quebec, hell maybe by next week! Solid!

3) Oh, an attendance joke. So original, so witty, so fresh! The Thrashers can't draw, who would've thought! Novel insight there! Which leads to "Pathetic organization & fan base" - The owners suck, true. But yeah, there was a time when the Thrashers were outdrawing teams like the Blackhawks & Caps, Bruins, & Blues among others. BUT, the Thrashers have no fans. Right.

So yeah, all three points of your post were solid, as always! Fantastic, brilliant post...for me to poop on.

Oh yeah and your captain has led them straight to the toilet, so he can take those 23 goals and 24 assists and enjoy watching all the playoffs from the comfort of his seat. I'm not impressed. Numbers mean nothing, as a captain you need to lead your team to make them better and obviously he hasn't done that. Stats mean nothing, it's what you do in the locker and how you make the players around you better. The team tanked with him as captain and you want to defend their tanking by giving some individual stat about how good he is. A captain's job is to lead them into the playoffs and to the Championship, not to be the worst team in the league. You can score as many goals as you want, but that's not why you were named captain, you were named captain to lead this team and make everyone in the locker room better on the ice. This is a bad franchise and always has been a bad franchise and you can't cover up a bad franchise. It's like someone trying to make a case for the Clippers or the Pittsburgh Pirates of the last 15 or so years. Bad franchises always make bad decisions, and there's no way around it, Atlanta is a bad franchise. And I don't care what kind of lease they've signed, the city of Atlanta is a pathetic fan base period. They don't support their teams, win or lose.

The Thrashers aren't that great of a team. You're acting like their level of play for the beginning of the year is what it should've been. They overachieved the first part of the year, and now they're playing like we all expected them too. Not that hard of a concept.

6fQjS3M.png

Don't care about records or rankings. The Thrashers are the worst team in the league right now. They have been stinking up the joint since the All-Star break & there's no signs of things improving. Can't score for :censored: (they've been getting tons of shots, but it literally takes a miracle for it to get past whoever's in net), every mistake they make on defense results in a goal, they don't get any of those lucky bounces, & just fold under adversity for the most part. It's like fan repellent.

After the performances they had before the All-Star break, they really had me going when it came to hopes of the playoffs. Then the failboat anchored in Blueland once more, & it's been a wrap ever since.

I just have to ask, "How's that new Captain of your doing?" I said when it happened that I didn't think it amounted to a hill of beans, heck it didn't even amount to a bean, and now where's this new captain lead your team? To the crapper! Great significant move by the Thrashers. Oh and what is up with the fan base? Seriously? Hell, can we move that team to Winnipeg or Quebec. I've seen more people in a pick up game at a local arena than I saw in highlights from the Thrashers game last night. Pathetic organization and pathetic fan base.

Another A+ post from oddball! Let's analyze this gem!

1) Ladd has 23 goals, 24 assists. Leads the team in goals, assists, and points. But of course, he's the one led them into the crapper. Not the coaching or the actual crap players on the team, but the captain who's actually playing well in the midst of all this crap. Brilliant analysis, TSN should sign you.

2) The team's signed NDA's with prospective owners that are probably gonna keep the team in Atlanta, and buy the Hawks and Philips Arena as well. You totally nailed that one! The Thrashers will most definitely be in Winnipeg or Quebec, hell maybe by next week! Solid!

3) Oh, an attendance joke. So original, so witty, so fresh! The Thrashers can't draw, who would've thought! Novel insight there! Which leads to "Pathetic organization & fan base" - The owners suck, true. But yeah, there was a time when the Thrashers were outdrawing teams like the Blackhawks & Caps, Bruins, & Blues among others. BUT, the Thrashers have no fans. Right.

So yeah, all three points of your post were solid, as always! Fantastic, brilliant post...for me to poop on.

Oh yeah and your captain has led them straight to the toilet, so he can take those 23 goals and 24 assists and enjoy watching all the playoffs from the comfort of his seat. I'm not impressed. Numbers mean nothing, as a captain you need to lead your team to make them better and obviously he hasn't done that. Stats mean nothing, it's what you do in the locker and how you make the players around you better. The team tanked with him as captain and you want to defend their tanking by giving some individual stat about how good he is. A captain's job is to lead them into the playoffs and to the Championship, not to be the worst team in the league. You can score as many goals as you want, but that's not why you were named captain, you were named captain to lead this team and make everyone in the locker room better on the ice. This is a bad franchise and always has been a bad franchise and you can't cover up a bad franchise. It's like someone trying to make a case for the Clippers or the Pittsburgh Pirates of the last 15 or so years. Bad franchises always make bad decisions, and there's no way around it, Atlanta is a bad franchise. And I don't care what kind of lease they've signed, the city of Atlanta is a pathetic fan base period. They don't support their teams, win or lose.

Wait, wait, wait. How about we talk about how awful of a captain Dustin Brown is? Look at the Kings roster and notice how they're not the #1 team in the league. I blame that solely on the lack of leadership by Dustin Brown.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Exactly, you're only saying stuff that we already know, yet somehow you still come off sounding ignorant, uninformed, & almost shock jock-like. I agree that it's a bad franchise, but this guy's acting like it's a national tragedy & the team should be revoked for the good of homeland security. :lol:

And once again, your criticism of this team is way off. If you are going to blame people for the team going down the toilet, blame the defense (Bogosian & Oduya, IMO) for being in some sort of malaise since the break, blame Pavelec for all of a sudden being the type to let beach balls in, or blame guys like Anthony Stewart for having stone hands. Hell, blame Ramsay for putting out weird lines in pressure situations. There are a multitude of things & people to place blame on in this situation. But going after Ladd when he's been one of the actual shining lights on the team is just dumb, & taking an unoriginal, uninspired cheap shot at the fans is dumb as well. Once again, your post was remedial at best. Maybe try watching more than 2 games of the team in question before going off on a tangent, that way you will be better informed because this isn't the first (& probably not the last) time you've been incredibly off base on something like this in this thread.

Andrew Ladd has quietly cobbled together a pretty good career befitting a 4th overall draft pick. Two championships and a captaincy already. Guess he went high for a reason.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If Zdeno Chara was 6'4" or smaller, he'd be lucky to be playing in the ECHL.

EDIT: Gotta love the Pittsburgh Penguins. They'll jaw at and elbow the likes of Tyler Seguin and Brad Marchand after the whistle, but won't go after guys like Shawn Thornton or Milan Lucic. I can't possibly figure out why :rolleyes:

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Tonight, Andrew Ladd scored 2 goals and an assist. One of those goals was the game winner in OT.

Oh, this is too rich.

Bad captain. Dragging his team down.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Tonight, Andrew Ladd scored 2 goals and an assist. One of those goals was the game winner in OT.

Oh, this is too rich.

If he was any kind of captain, he would have scored additional goals which would have retroactively undone his team's two previous losses. God, what a clubhouse cancer.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh, this is too rich.

But did he renegotiate the lease and bring about a revolution of the pathetic fanbase?

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's gotten to the point where I assume the Coyotes will win a game until it's been posted that the other team won. Everything that franchise does is pulled out of its ass.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If Zdeno Chara was 6'4" or smaller, he'd be lucky to be playing in the ECHL.

EDIT: Gotta love the Pittsburgh Penguins. They'll jaw at and elbow the likes of Tyler Seguin and Brad Marchand after the whistle, but won't go after guys like Shawn Thornton or Milan Lucic. I can't possibly figure out why :rolleyes:

were you in the bathroom when Mike Rupp beat Shawn Thornton's ass up and knocked his ass out

1zgyd8w.jpg

The thrashers just need to GTFO. I dont care how their captain or their team has done this season, the franchise is a complete joke and always has been from the start. Move them and i bet half the "fans" won't even notice.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Another 3+ goal allowed game by Jimmy Howard

Yet he still leads the league in wins (along with Carey Price). By the way, 14 out of 20 goaltenders let in 3 or more goals last night. It's not exactly uncommon.

Yet he still leads the league in wins (along with Carey Price). By the way, 14 out of 20 goaltenders let in 3 or more goals last night. It's not exactly uncommon.

Wins don't always mean that a Goalie is good, it just means that he has a good team in front of him, and that he's giving them a chance. Leading the league in wins is no where like leading in GAA. Howard is a mediocre goalie playing behind a really good team.

Jimmy Howard: 1st in wins (on the team that has scored the most goal), 31st in Save % and 33rd in gaa.

Yeah, his team isn't carrying him.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived