2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

I don't really see your point there, as it's not even remotely like that. Apples and oranges. Sure the Patriots won a few times before, but what's wrong in wanting your team to achieve excellence and immortality with 4 titles and an undefeated season? It is indeed all relative, and quite honestly I'm sick of this loser and underdog-mentality Americans have (including some sports fans too)...

Oh, they win too much... wahhh.

Let the other teams have a chance... wahhh.

They ran up the score too high... wahhh.

Perhaps Americans and sports fans see themselves as losers/underdogs, therefore identifying themselves as automatically flawed/inferior. But personally while I do agree that the playing field should be level, what's wrong with expecting and rooting for your team to do something great and then being disappointed when they don't? There's nothing wrong with it, and there's nothing with stating that as a painful/disappointing moment for your team. All this for trying to sympathize with Infrared about the Browns' shortcomings...

EDIT: Boston only up 81-77 on the Clippers in the 4th Quarter. Man, it looks like whatever good-will Danny Ainge worked up as an executive with the Celtics is slowly going all to Hell. Not to mention Gordon isn't even playing... please Clippers, keep their losing streak alive.

But losing out on a perfect season has nothing to do with sucking year in and year out. You don't feel the pain of the browns sucking with the Patriots losing out on a perfect season. One is hopelessness (is that a word?) and the other is dissapointment. Bucfan actually has a good analogy,you're comparing apples and oranges here.

But the Browns fan have a storied jersey, with actual championships under their belt. Just because you haven't won for a while doesn't mean your team completely and utterly sucks. Plus, it's not they haven't any good teams since 1964... the Kardiac Kids, Kosar and Company. Just because your team hasn't won a Super Bowl in the modern era doesn't mean they suck either. The Bills/Browns/Chargers/Eagles/Vikings don't suck because of their inability to get over the hump, while the Lions, I can see your point there. Still, I'm not ever going to back down from stating that loss as a painful moment, and honestly don't care how many people try to criticize me for feeling that way, as it's never going to change the way I look at things.

By the way, thanks Clippers for disappointing me. Though part of me wonders if Jeff Green is going to suddenly become as good as Perkins was with the Celtics, because you know, he's a Celtic now.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Green is going to be as good as Perkins was in Boston. Think about it, Drakonius.

You're talking about two very different positions here. Plus, Green is going to be behind Garnett and Pierce on the depth chart. Not exactly a prime position to make much of an impact on a team.

I don't think Green is going to be as good as Perkins was in Boston. Think about it, Drakonius.

You're talking about two very different positions here. Plus, Green is going to be behind Garnett and Pierce on the depth chart. Not exactly a prime position to make much of an impact on a team.

I'm not talking about position, I'm talking about raw impact on the team and making a difference, not him starting at center. Now the Celtics might decide to use a Garnett/Green/Pierce frontcourt, much like what San Antonio has been doing with Duncan/Blair/McDyess this year, however we've seen before in the past players join up with the Celtics before and become great and suddenly drop off the map after they leave Boston. Leon Powe, anyone?

Granted he's been injured, but so has Perkins. Perhaps the Celtics know something we don't about his health. I still think it was a stupid move regardless.

I don't really see your point there, as it's not even remotely like that. Apples and oranges. Sure the Patriots won a few times before, but what's wrong in wanting your team to achieve excellence and immortality with 4 titles and an undefeated season? It is indeed all relative, and quite honestly I'm sick of this loser and underdog-mentality Americans have (including some sports fans too)...

Oh, they win too much... wahhh.

Let the other teams have a chance... wahhh.

They ran up the score too high... wahhh.

Perhaps Americans and sports fans see themselves as losers/underdogs, therefore identifying themselves as automatically flawed/inferior. But personally while I do agree that the playing field should be level, what's wrong with expecting and rooting for your team to do something great and then being disappointed when they don't? There's nothing wrong with it, and there's nothing with stating that as a painful/disappointing moment for your team. All this for trying to sympathize with Infrared about the Browns' shortcomings...

Really, I'm fine. Like you, I have 22 other favorite teams. That makes it easier to take. :D

BB52Big.jpg

This is why I hate the Heat. At the start of the game ESPN shows the crowd and there's like 15 people there. And most of them are Knick fans. Even when teams like the Knicks, and the Cavs sucked they still got a full house. People don't appreciate that they have one of the best teams ever.

This is why I hate the Heat. At the start of the game ESPN shows the crowd and there's like 15 people there. And most of them are Knick fans. Even when teams like the Knicks, and the Cavs sucked they still got a full house. People don't appreciate that they have one of the best teams ever.

Why use that energy to hate? The tickets are sold. Many of those who have seats in the first ten rows are in the Flagship Lounge. They appreciate the team by buying tickets.

Box office receipts = fan loyalty. Just ask the Atlanta Thrashers.

They have one of the best teams ever? Right now?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I wouldn't say they're the best ever - not even close. But they are fun to watch.

I also don't understand the hate for LeBron, Bosh, and Wade (besides The Decision, which was a terrible idea from the get-go). Don't hate them, hate the current climate of the league which they took advantage of. However, with the new CBA, this Big Three crap will be coming to a swift end, so enjoy it while it lasts.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I guess after tonight's victory cameroncrazie is going to say how much he believes in the Knicks and how they're going to be dangerous in the playoffs, right?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

All this for trying to sympathize with Infrared about the Browns' shortcomings...

Really, I'm fine. Like you, I have 22 other favorite teams. That makes it easier to take. :D

Really? Wow, it must be hard to keep track of so many teams, but I wish you luck in your fan endeavors. I only have 10, spread out across 5 different leagues, and one of them is a fantasy team, so I'm not even in double-digits like you. B)

Anyway, Lights Out, you better make sure Donald Sterling locks up most of your team for the long-haul with the new CBA, as you never know how much depth for 4th Quarter players you might need to make a run at the playoffs.

Oh, and, Spurs win again, despite Parker getting hurt.

LeBron is stupid as hell in crunch time. He is the best in the world when it comes to driving to the hoop. Yet, he always seems content to just toss 3 pointers when the game's on the line. Why? Either drive to the hoop & draw the foul (since he must know that he will get the benefit of the doubt 99% of the time), or pass the ball to someone who has a better chance at actually making the 3.

Ah, I just get frustrated when I see players, even of LeBron's caliber, go out of their lane & try to do stuff that their skill set doesn't permit. LeBron COULD make that shot, but for him that is not a high percentage shot.

Maybe you are a good writer for Bleacher Report.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Anyway, Lights Out, you better make sure Donald Sterling locks up most of your team for the long-haul with the new CBA, as you never know how much depth for 4th Quarter players you might need to make a run at the playoffs.

Olshey said that the Baron Davis trade was done to allow them to resign our stars while also being able to sign other big free agents, so I'm not too concerned about the team being kept together. I really hope Sterling doesn't lock up Gomes or Foye, though. They should have bought those two out in addition to Rasual Butler.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

LeBron is stupid as hell in crunch time. He is the best in the world when it comes to driving to the hoop. Yet, he always seems content to just toss 3 pointers when the game's on the line. Why? Either drive to the hoop & draw the foul (since he must know that he will get the benefit of the doubt 99% of the time), or pass the ball to someone who has a better chance at actually making the 3.

Ah, I just get frustrated when I see players, even of LeBron's caliber, go out of their lane & try to do stuff that their skill set doesn't permit. LeBron COULD make that shot, but for him that is not a high percentage shot.

Glad to see someone else is finally seeing what he had been doing for his time in Cleveland in crunch time. He's an idiot when it comes to the end of the game.

6fQjS3M.png

Olshey said that the Baron Davis trade was done to allow them to resign our stars while also being able to sign other big free agents, so I'm not too concerned about the team being kept together. I really hope Sterling doesn't lock up Gomes or Foye, though. They should have bought those two out in addition to Rasual Butler.

I don't think he will resign any of them. Neil Olshey so far has proven to be a capable and up-and-coming talent evaluator, as well as doing a good job of rebuilding your team on the fly after they basically hit the wall a couple years ago. Now will Donald Sterling stay out of the way and let the basketball people make basketball decisions, that'll be the real question.

Archived